Intro to USPSA class in middle TN ?

The one I think is top notch and shoots regularly is Strategic Edge in Chapel Hill. I know it's a bit of a drive but I really liked the range and the professional manner with which matches were run. Most matches would have 30 - 50 shooters of all ages (12-80) and experience. Typically, the large group was split up into 3 groups trying to pair experience. From the first time novice to Masters, shooting was a lot of fun. Everyone was willing to share tips and information. Matches usually ran from 8:30 AM til about noon.

• Like 1

The Strategic Edge match is every 3rd Saturday of the month.  The June match should open soon.  You don't need a class.  Just your gun, some mags, a holster and pouches and lots of ammo.  Like TNman207 said, we're happy to work with new shooters on any questions and safety.  Your other option is to try out IDPA at Royal Range on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month.  The games are different, but close enough to give you some trigger time before your first USPSA match.

1 hour ago, stealthgoat said:

Thank you both !    - I have seen that match at Strategic Edge, but I didn't want to show up 'completely clueless' and slow up a match for everyone...  

Thanks, 

Tim 

We all started out that way. Just focus on being safe and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.