Concealed Carry Insurance?

I belong to the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. 360 978 5200

Consider them. It is not an insurance program however, if the shoot is self defense, like all of them, they pay well, plus it is reasonably priced. I have had it for years. Hope I never need to use it.

They are out of Seattle area and on west coast time if you call. It is a good program.   

Edited by pop pop
Add content
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm posting this for the people who are looking for more information about CCW insurance. It is not comprehensive but it should get you started. I encourage anybody who is interested to research the insurance provider. I had to move providers several times, before I found one that suits me.

IMG_0197.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I have carried CCW Safe for years.  I have never had to put it to the test and hope I don't need to in the future.  I chose that offering based on the recommendation of a well respected attorney who practices heavily in the area of firearms and self defense.

Another group that I support, Florida Carry, recommends US Law Shield for self defense coverage.  When it's time for me to renew at the beginning of 2020 I'll try to do an in depth comparison of CCW Safe and US Law Shield to decide what I think may be best for me.

I’m pretty sure I’ve asked this before and never got an answer, but I’ll do it again.

So… if I get in a road rage incident and shoot someone, get hauled in and charged with murder, these companies are going to get me a top attorney and pay my attorney fees?

That’s a simple yes or no question and one I would expect a simple answer on from any insurer.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve asked this before and never got an answer, but I’ll do it again.

So… if I get in a road rage incident and shoot someone, get hauled in and charged with murder, these companies are going to get me a top attorney and pay my attorney fees?

That’s a simple yes or no question and one I would expect a simple answer on from any insurer.

I’ve got to say that I’m pretty skeptical of the whole concept. I’m just not sure what it is they’ll actually do for me and how they decide to either go to bat for me or cut me loose. 

11 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’ve got to say that I’m pretty skeptical of the whole concept. I’m just not sure what it is they’ll actually do for me and how they decide to either go to bat for me or cut me loose. 

That’s what I mean. If an attorney is going to decide whether or not the insurance company will take the case or if they will pay; it’s useless, I don’t care who its sold by or who recommends it. And if they pay for everyone that’s arrested; I would guess it wouldn’t take very many cases to put a serious dent in the company’s profits.

I’m not saying its not a good deal. I’m just saying my time spent around attorneys makes me think this is sketchy. But hey, I could be wrong. They could be making money hand over fist from the premiums of all the people living at the foot of the cross, to where they can afford to pay out for the occasional murderer/Road Rager.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, chances R said:

You got bail money handy?  Do you have 20 grand on hand for a retainer?  100 thousand for legal defense?  A list of expert witnesses?

It was just an innocent question.  Save the hostility for your enemies.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, chances R said:

You got bail money handy?  Do you have 20 grand on hand for a retainer?  100 thousand for legal defense?  A list of expert witnesses?

So these carry insurance policies front all that money with no questions asked?  How is that process different from filing a claim against an umbrella policy?

13 minutes ago, peejman said:

So these carry insurance policies front all that money with no questions asked?  How is that process different from filing a claim against an umbrella policy?

Your legal battle is best with significant up-front money, cash on hand.  That is why the NRA Carry Guard was such a farce.  It was a reimbursement plan.....IF you won.  Trying to fight 'city hall' without adequate funds is like fighting with one hand tied behind your back.  Also some liability policies will not cover self-defense or anything other than an accidental shooting.

Edited by chances R
5 minutes ago, chances R said:

Your legal battle is best with significant up-front money, cash on hand.  That is why the NRA Carry Guard was such a farce.  It was a reimbursement plan.....IF you won.  Trying to fight 'city hall' without adequate funds is like fighting with one hand tied behind your back.  Also some liability policies will not cover self-defense or anything other than an accidental shooting.

So you're saying these carry insurance policies provide cash up front?  I presume you'd have to pay it back if you lose?

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, chances R said:

Seriously?  You denote hostility in these simple questions ?  This is just a simple response to your question.......geez.

While I’m sure you didn’t intend it, the phrasing did come off a bit aggressively.