Coming from Indiana

Hey guys and gals! I purchased 150 acres in Fentress County in January, and construction has begun on the house. So we hope to be moved by August. I am coming from northern Indiana. I don't list my guns or share pictures on the internet, but I had enough that caused that unfortunate boating accident. I'm getting up to speed on the conceal carry law differences. I'm not a fan of TN allowing signage to hold the law (in IN we can ignore no gun signs), but I will survive as I'm sure those signs are less prevalent in TN. I know I have to get my TN permit (what do you call it in TN, CCW?) within 6 months of moving, but I don't know if I have to take a class since I have both my IN and out-of-state UT permit (UT required a 4-hour course, IN didn't require any course). Perhaps that will be a new thread I start unless anyone has an idea in this thread. 

Thanks for reading! 

Juston 

Welcome.

Our permits are Handgun Carry Permits. Carry any way you want. The good news is the signs are seldom if ever inforced beyond telling you to leave but unfortunately do have penalties if they are enforced. You will have to take an 8 hour course (unless I missed a change in the last 4 years) but other than cost (they vary but most are around $50) are easy including the live fire. Total time for me from course to permit in hand was about 10 days. I moved with a NY and UT out of state CC plus I had two NRA pistol courses with live fire but none counted.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 3:09 PM, jfluckey said:

Hey guys and gals! I purchased 150 acres in Fentress County in January, and construction has begun on the house. So we hope to be moved by August. I am coming from northern Indiana. I don't list my guns or share pictures on the internet, but I had enough that caused that unfortunate boating accident. I'm getting up to speed on the conceal carry law differences. I'm not a fan of TN allowing signage to hold the law (in IN we can ignore no gun signs), but I will survive as I'm sure those signs are less prevalent in TN. I know I have to get my TN permit (what do you call it in TN, CCW?) within 6 months of moving, but I don't know if I have to take a class since I have both my IN and out-of-state UT permit (UT required a 4-hour course, IN didn't require any course). Perhaps that will be a new thread I start unless anyone has an idea in this thread. 

Thanks for reading! 

Juston 

Yep, ya need a ccw for the most part. Got mine here. Instructor was a former FBI Agent. They are good people.
http://sumnerguns.com/training/

• 3 weeks later...