AR15 charging handle issue

So, I'm at the range shooting my AR and run into a problem with some ammo leaving unburned powder and gunked up my rifle.  I didn't know about the powder at the time, but I did have a double feed which also caused my bcg to get stuck.  After inspecting it when I got home, my old Anderson charging handle will not fit anymore--had to get a plastic hammer to knock it out.  First time I had a charging handle expand and not fit anymore.  My charging handle from PSA works fine in it.  Seems like a good time to buy a BCM or Radian Raptor handle. 

Just curious, anybody had a similar issue??

• Moderators

I have not had that issue, but I have always run BCMs in all my ARs except for my pistol which had a Raptor in the upper when I got it. Now I will be putting those on all future builds. 

It doesn’t really surprise me that the Anderson CH warped, I’ve heard their QC is spotty. I say just put in the high quality part and move on. Well, if you’re using other Anderson internals, maybe buy a quality spare parts kit to replace items as they fail.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by Chucktshoes
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

I have not had that issue, but I have always run BCMs in all my ARs except for my pistol which had a Raptor in the upper when I got it. Now I will be putting those on all future builds. 

It doesn’t really surprise me that the Anderson CH warped, I’ve heard their QC is spotty. I say just put in the high quality part and move on. Well, if you’re using other Anderson internals, maybe buy a quality spare parts kit to replace items as they fail.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Running a CMMG lower parts kit,so I feel good about that. I only used the cheap charging handle cause I used my good one on my new AR pistol build. 

• Like 1