Effective July 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Why not? You mean, because they need a warrant or something, which I doubt? Don't most all phones show list of calls/texts and times? Even my 10 buck flip phone does.

- OS

4 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

All you have to do is push the right buttons to bring up the call history. Only takes a few seconds. You were just in a wreck. You may be injured or at the very least shaken up. How you gonna stop them? And from what I understand, its completely legal for them to do that as part of the investigation. Can you site any law that says they can't? I'd like to see it. 

Y’all might have noticed a case listed at the bottom of my screen cap image from my phone. Riley v California is a SCOTUS decision from 2014 that determined that police do indeed require a warrant to search the contents of a cell phone. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riley_v._California

5 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

All you have to do is push the right buttons to bring up the call history. Only takes a few seconds. You were just in a wreck. You may be injured or at the very least shaken up. How you gonna stop them? And from what I understand, its completely legal for them to do that as part of the investigation. Can you site any law that says they can't? I'd like to see it. 

No, they can’t search your phone as part of an investigation without a warrant or consent. But that wasn’t my point.

Like most people, if they want to see my phone they aren’t going to be able to see anything on it.

I’m just skeptical of the statistics being used. I could be wrong, but I doubt that unless it’s a very serious accident there is a bunch of cell phone data being mined with a warrant. And from working traffic many years ago I am absolutely sure that people are not forth coming about what they doing at the time of an accident; I doubt that’s changed.

I don’t doubt people texting are killing folks.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, E4 No More said:

You have a Jitterbug!!?? :rofl:

Not far off I guess. A mighty ZTE z222. With 2 in reserve.  Only went with it because they dropped 2G network so my mighty original RAZR wouldn't work on it.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-xg3sG2oiDhYvoqn97

- OS

• Like 2