Glock 43X/48 15 rd mags

Steelharp

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2019 at 9:54 AM, deerslayer said:

Anybody who did the pre-order received your mags yet?  I ordered two and was told they would ship in October.  Not surprised that they are behind, just wondering if anyone has gotten their hands on one yet.  

S15 Update: mags are scheduled to begin arriving Friday from our manufacturer. As soon as they land we’ll get them in process and begin shipping preorders. Once your order ships, you’ll receive a tracking number via email.

Thanks for your patience, we're almost there. Look for behind the scenes photos coming soon!

unsure GIF

S15 Preorder Update
November 4, 2019

Bottom line up front: slight delay.

Our first shipment of magazines arrived from our magazine manufacturer, and today we ran them through quality control (QC). Unfortunately, they did not meet our standards as they were sent with the wrong surface finish. While this may not seem like a big deal, surface finish actually plays a big role in reliability, and we just aren’t willing to send magazines out to our customers that aren’t right, especially when it could potentially cause a reliability issue down the road.

The good news is that we should be receiving our next shipment of magazines next week, and we are assured that this issue will be corrected.

Thank you for your patience – as a way of saying thank you, ALL PREORDERS are shipping with a 20% OFF COUPON CODE to use on your next purchase at ShieldArms.com.

Stay tuned, we will be posting photos and videos to social media this week so you can see the magazines in action. Yes they are real, yes they run, and we are almost there.

I got the same email.  At least they are communicating.  If they do run, I'll be putting that 20% coupon to use.  Now if they would just make a similar metal G22/35 magazine that's compatible with Arredondo or Dawson +5/6 basepads, my USPSA Limited gun would be that much badder...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
22 hours ago, deerslayer said:

I'll probably get their mag release, too.

The mag includes a card that says they now recommend using a metal mag catch. It turns out the S15 mags were chewing up the OEM catch much quicker than anticipated.

Edited by hughd

Got mine today. Looks like a quality mag. Good as any I've bought anywhere, or those included with pistols. Reminds me of the high gloss mags from mec gar. Real shiny black finish.

Empty mag drops free like it was launched when using the mag release. Not so good with the 10 round plastic mags.

Used the Glock mag loader that came with my 43x.  A little stiff in loading, but I did get a full 15 rounds in all 3 mags. 

Tried cycling the rounds and first round picked up well. Found it took a very strong stroke to eject from a loaded mag. Might just be me. No marks on the feed lips after 2 mags.

Without shooting them yet, I'm pretty pleased. Will try them soon.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
On 6/24/2019 at 9:34 PM, Steelharp said:

Mine, with the 15rd mag and shaved down mag sleeve. About half the width of its' original 17rd size.

0624192131~2.jpg

You know, if I didn't tell you before...that actually looks pretty good. lol

You did the cutting/sizing/asnd shaping yourself?

On 1/26/2020 at 4:43 PM, hughd said:

Finally received my mags yesterday. Put in the metal mag release and made a quick trip to the range. So far, so good...  

Hugh,

Did you try them at all with the stock mag release?  I got mine and they won’t lock the slide back.  Pushing on the base of the mag while pulling the slide back will lock them.  The mag catch notch looks a little higher than a stock mag, so the Shield mags are slightly lower when they seat.  We’re talking maybe 1/16”.  In all fairness, Shield says to use their mag release, but they don’t mention mags riding low.  I had the same issue with a Ruger Mark IV and a Volquartsen mag release fixed it.  Bonehead design by Ruger.  I ordered a Shield mag release (probably should have already done that) and will wait until it comes before I shoot anything.  I read somewhere where a guy had the same problem and Shield sent him new mags springs.  I don’t want new mag springs—putting 15 in these is hard enough!

Keeping my fingers crossed.  

5 hours ago, Steelharp said:

No, one of the guys at the shop that does a lot of woodworking did it for me. He's excellent.

Tell him the great hipower approves of his work! lol

Man if I ever can get my knee/back/feet all working well, I'll try to get up there.

Wonder if the boss would still honor the range pass from last time purchase. It's been a while.

But this seems like a good time for a little story/comment on an establishment in Hendersonville.

Susan needed to do some shopping last week up that way, so I thought I could stand 20/30 minutes and maybe shoot a few rounds. 

I have/had 3 passes given to me at G&L H'ville. Three purchases. The last was a 19x. Really didn't like it. Sold it to a good man here, and that reminds, I got to check on him. Haven't seen a post in a while.

But back to my tale...Wife dropped me off. I checked in. Pulled out a pass and was told it was no good. They did not honor/accept them any more.

What? Why not? I asked, very puzzled like. A lady behind the counter told me that they had "lost too much money with people making copies of them and coming in." 

And...they had done this last year. I should have come in sooner with them to use them.

OK, I can see her point...I guess. But should have made some effort to inform me/others about this. A mass email to customers perhaps? I mean, you have a list of purchasers. Firearms and signins for range use. 

No, can't use them. I should have come in sooner/more often.

To her...and the other employees listening...I said " I was given these as I made a purchase here. Three of them in fact. Rather large, at least to me. Totaled near3K. I was told use them any time. No time limit. No time limit or expiration date on the pass.. I made a purchase and as a good faith appreciation gesture given passes and use them when I wanted. Ok I'm here."

Lady said no. Turned her back on me and I guess the conversation was over for her.

Ok. I can accept that it's their Business, and it can be run in a way suiting them. I do understand that.

But as a past customer, possibly permanently past, I thought it might be a poor PR play.

All this said in normal, conversational tones. I was not an ass as I have been known to be at times.

I was not happy about it and said so. Just stating my feelings on the situation.

As I was leaving, the young man behind the range check-in counter called over to me and said he would give half off on the range fee. I didn't ask for it. I assume it was Lady Mgr's call. I don't know.

So ok, I did stay. But the whole thing sort of irks me still. Their store. Their rules. My money...My choice of where to spend it.

Maybe I should have just kept this to myself. Probably should. But feels good to tell about it. I think you would see both sides here. Might not agree with my stand, but you would see it anyway. Just my tale and my opinion. 

Now back to our conversation steelharp; regardless of the pass deal. I do hope to get up that way and catch up with you sometime. I still got a PPQ 45 with your name on it. lol

Edited by hipower

Our passes never expire, Larry. We had someone bring one in from 2015 last week. We honored it. The business card stock makes them a little hard to copy.

I've heard a TON of complaints about that establishment, Yours' is just another one. (Possibly swap ya that SR9c for that PPQ, but not with the 15 rd custom mag adjustment. Got one 10 rd and three 17 rd for it you can have. ;) )

1 hour ago, Steelharp said:

Our passes never expire, Larry. We had someone bring one in from 2015 last week. We honored it. The business card stock makes them a little hard to copy.

I've heard a TON of complaints about that establishment, Yours' is just another one. (Possibly swap ya that SR9c for that PPQ, but not with the 15 rd custom mag adjustment. Got one 10 rd and three 17 rd for it you can have. ;) )

A very generous offer my friend, but I fear you have me confused with someone who really likes that Ruger.

Now if you'd pony up a nice CZ I'd be willing to talk.

• Haha 1