Glock 43X/48 15 rd mags

Steelharp

Guest OMCHamlin

Well, sad to say, I had to contact them to return the three mags and mag release & +10% springs I got from them. He emailed me to return them, I wish it had not turned out this way, but the nose down FTFs were getting worse and guaranteed one a mag. 

Eta; That said, I'm very glad that these are working for near all the rest of you, it sure is a great idea! I think a compilation of acceptable tolerances between his mag design and those early silver slided 43Xs (I have a very early one), conspired to put my gun just outside of "gonna work" on this one...

Edited by OMCHamlin
  • Moderators
35 minutes ago, OMCHamlin said:

Well, sad to say, I had to contact them to return the three mags and mag release & +10% springs I got from them. He emailed me to return them, I wish it had not turned out this way, but the nose down FTFs were getting worse and guaranteed one a mag. 

Interesting. I've yet to have any issues in 2 different guns and 8 mags. One gun  has the silver slide. About 1200 rounds. Another reason to ALWAYS shoot a lot of rounds to make sure and every mag numbered and rounds counted per mag. Glad you found the issue now and not when you needed it to work. 

2 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

Interesting. I've yet to have any issues in 2 different guns and 8 mags. One gun  has the silver slide. About 1200 rounds. Another reason to ALWAYS shoot a lot of rounds to make sure and every mag numbered and rounds counted per mag. Glad you found the issue now and not when you needed it to work. 

You got 1200 rounds down one? My hat's off to you. I'm finding the little powerhouse to cause me some pain. But that's from my arthritis flaring up.

Still, glad it's working that well.

Guest OMCHamlin
4 hours ago, hipower said:

You got 1200 rounds down one? My hat's off to you. I'm finding the little powerhouse to cause me some pain. But that's from my arthritis flaring up.

My 43X is fine to shoot the heck out of since I stuck a Hogue model specific sleeve on it. And no, I know what you're thinking, it's not as fat as my G19!

Guest OMCHamlin
7 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

That's true. Shame though, as I like the idea so much I'd nearly think about selling this early 43X and grabbing a newer black slide w/Bold sight option and try again, Just think, 15 trustworthy rounds in a gun that size, compared to the icon of my youth, a Browning HP with 13, yet a full size fighting pistol if there ever was... Like I said, I'm glad it's working for you all.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, hipower said:

I've got about 600 each through 2 different guns. Luckily arthritis is not hit me yet. Been blessed with strong hands. I was going to the range every day during the week until the shutdown etc. 

• Like 1

I haven't been keeping up with this post but what's the chances of Glock redesigning the 10 rd magazine to hold more ? I am all about modification and using aftermarket parts, but when it comes to Glock , factory parts always work. The only thing other than sights I ever use on mine are the Ghost connectors. I have a new 43X that I still haven't shot. I like the thinness of it but I always seem to find myself carrying my G26. I think there is room enough in the 43X mag to hold more and I'm sure Glock can make the spring for it to work. But right now I find myself almost on the fence about selling my 43X. I've cycled the slide a few times , admired the thinness of the slide and like it but just never fired it nor carried it. I guess I just bought it as a spur of the moment thing. But I just don't see why Glock doesn't come up with the higher capacity 43X magazine. People always used to put the little after market "+2" floor plate on the G26 magazines back in the day and now Glock makes the 12 rd G26 mags. Yeah it took a several years but you never know. Hopefully they come around and make the factory mag hold more.

Edited by tercel89
spelling

I dont see Glock ever making a steel magazine and that's what it will take to duplicate the shield mag.  I have 4 of the shield mags now, one of which I put the plus % spring in (I have the springs for my others).  I have shot upwards of 900 rounds through my 43x, mine is the black slide but I have several friends with the silver slide 43x and have watched them shoot countless rounds through theirs.  I had one mag that initially wouldnt hold back the slide occasionally... that was fixed with the +% spring or realistically me not riding the damn slide.

I have had just as many issues out of factory mags as I have the shield mags (which is suffice it to say none).

The 43x has completely killed the 26 for me, it no longer has a purpose, I still think the 19 and 45 point better but is a thick big lead brick compared to the 43x when it comes to carry (I have the 48 it doesnt blow my skirt up).

Wait until shield releases the mags for the 43... and then the venerable old 36 everyone has forgotten about.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest OMCHamlin

I'll say this much, they seem like a good outfit to deal with. Although I really wanted these mags to work out, they just wouldn't hit 100% in my 43X, but they absolutely had no problem at all with taking them back and giving me a full refund.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, SonnyCrockett said:

picked up my 43x and that shield mag this week.....range time soon

I think you'll like it, and the Shield mags. I really like the way the 43x felt. It was just about the perfect size for me anyway. Didn't have any issues with the mags either...except loading past 11 rounds. May they were some of the stiffest mags I ever had.

Although I did have a bit of a pucker when I first saw those mags! LOL That strange little indention in the side had me spooked at first. I just swore someone had stomped on all 3 I bought.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:05 PM, hipower said:

I think you'll like it, and the Shield mags. I really like the way the 43x felt. It was just about the perfect size for me anyway. Didn't have any issues with the mags either...except loading past 11 rounds. May they were some of the stiffest mags I ever had.

Although I did have a bit of a pucker when I first saw those mags! LOL That strange little indention in the side had me spooked at first. I just swore someone had stomped on all 3 I bought.

I shot it today,150 rounds.....Typical glock,snappy,so so trigger low and left . I shoot DA/SA so much better but for a CCW these are the bomb

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, SonnyCrockett said:

I shot it today,150 rounds.....Typical glock,snappy,so so trigger low and left . I shoot DA/SA so much better but for a CCW these are the bomb

Yeah...pretty much my results as well. I really like the 43x. I just wish that my hand could stand that snappy little thing. I really did like it. Just couldn't make it work for me.

So on to something else.

Edited by hipower
18 hours ago, hipower said:

Yeah...pretty much my results as well. I really like the 43x. I just wish that my hand could stand that snappy little thing. I really did like it. Just couldn't make it work for me.

So on to something else.

for CCW it will be great,15-20 yard targets ill stick to my full size CZs

So I've been running a couple mags and mag catch for a while now. So at least 1-2k rounds through my 43X with them. No issues at all. The mags really have changed my carry life. I find the 43X to be easy to shoot and with 15+1 rounds it's hard to carry my 19. It's obviously snappier but I can still run the 6 plate plate rack from 10 yards in under 5 seconds consistently so I feel comfortable with the capability.  Not as fast as my 19 or other full size but still adequate I think. It made my 43X go from mediocre to the best gun purchase I've made in a while.  

• Like 1