robtattoo

ad closed 'Saturday night Special' RIA ordered. Thanks y'all!

I'm looking for a pocket pistol. .380 compact or .38 revolver. Small is good, cheap is better. I have literally no preferences one way or the other. I just feel like I'd like something with a little more 'ooomph' to keep in the truck than my .22mag, but less cumbersome & single action-ey than my .44 Blackhawk!

Edited by robtattoo

6 minutes ago, Fourtyfive said:

LCR is the answer.

My brain is picturing an LCR, Bersa Thunder, Rossi snubnose etc.....

I'm particularly fond of the Bersa, & Rossi model 85s (had both, sold both because of the stupid) but this time, I really don't mind. 

Nothing with Kimber on it certainly! :D

Edited by robtattoo

Another one to keep in mind is the rock island m206 stubby wheelgun in 38spl, they’re around $200 new. A buddy of mine has one and it’s a good shooting revolver for that kind of money and it’s a 6 shot to boot

nothng wrong with an LCR though, I love mine!

Edited by cknight98

3 minutes ago, cknight98 said:

Another one to keep in mind is the rock island m206 stubby wheelgun in 38spl, they’re around $200 new. A buddy of mine has one and it’s a good shooting revolver for that kind of money and it’s a 6 shot to boot

nothng wrong with an LCR though, I love mine!

I just discovered the M206 online. It might be my ideal truck gun.....

• Like 1

See, that's all I'm looking for. Utilitarian, functional workhorse. I kinda don't want people to know it even exists, so 'brand name exclusivity' on a concealed pistol always struck me as odd....

I'm looking for the projectile, protective equivalent of a dollar store hammer. Works just as well as an Estwing, without the chic! 😁😋🙂

• Like 2

I think the m206 would be exactly what you're looking for then. I've never saw a used one however their new price is pretty darn cheap. Like Macgyver said above, my buddy's is a workhorse of a pistol...heck now you've got me thinking about picking one up for my truck gun lol

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Curious why you would want something small for your “Truck Gun”? My Truck Hand Gun is a full size M&P40. Because I don’t need to be concerned with size or concealability.

Honestly, it's really just a justification to myself for buying a little compact! There's just something about small pistols that appeals to me :)

It's also more convenient to toss in my fishing pack & carry while I'm hiking/hunting & I don't always want or need my .44 along.

Edited by robtattoo

Not far from you but may not be on the cheap enough side. No affiliation to seller. I just remembered seeing it last night. 

http://###.com/listings/firearms/handguns/481103.html

I have a Bersa I love, but seem to not be as cheap nowadays. I think everyone realized how good they are. Heck even RG .38s are getting expensive and most of them are dangerous no matter what side of the gun you are on. Lol

I agree with @DaveTN if it is a truck gun, there might be less requirements for a small gun. That might open up the cheap side. Well we cross posted...so this point might be mute.

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Like 1

Do it Rob... just because you can! 👍

I picked up a pair of LCR's this year (Thanks TGO!). One in .22 and the other a .38. I love 'em. As a matter of fact I'm about to head over to SPB Range and shoot them.

They are very light, yet very easy to shoot and about 500 rounds into the .22 I've yet to have a misfire or failure to ignite. I've been shooting vintage and current Federal bulk pack, Mimi-Mags, and CCI Stingers.

The .38 is riding in a JMCK appendix as I type this. Very comfortable and concealable. Both they ride equally well in the pair of Aholster pocket holsters I own for my J-Frame 640.

I've been a S&W snubbie fan a long, long time. Still am...but I only wish I'd tried LCR's sooner.

• Like 4

Checkout a little Keltec P32.  Good little pocket pistol, that usually sells around $150 on the used market.

That's good deal on the LCP, Can't you two meet in the middle somewhere, like Pikeville? I carry one of those a lot as a pocket carry.  Not a lot of fun to shoot, but it's a quality little pistol. 

I've courted one of those RIA M206s a time or two, but couldn't bring myself to buy one.  Last fall I was able to pick up a new S&W 442 for $295 + tax and BGC.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Curious why you would want something small for your “Truck Gun”? My Truck Hand Gun is a full size M&P40. Because I don’t need to be concerned with size or concealability.

This is the concept I believe in.  I wish I could find a storage solution suitable for both my budget and my vehicle where I could semi-permanently leave a bigger gun, maybe even an ar pistol and a small stockpile of ammo in my vehicle most of the time.  At present, I keep a go bag with extra mags and extra ammo, but i carry it back and forth every time i use the vehicle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigun said:

I've got a Bryco 38

Heck if we are going that far. I have a RG 10 in .22 Short. Forget .38. Use a .22 Short, no one will hear the shot.....or feel it. Lol....

I mean look at the quality. 😁 (actually not my exact gun...mine looks worse)

spacer.png

Sorry to Thread jack...

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Defender said:

This is the concept I believe in.  I wish I could find a storage solution suitable for both my budget and my vehicle where I could semi-permanently leave a bigger gun, maybe even an ar pistol and a small stockpile of ammo in my vehicle most of the time.  At present, I keep a go bag with extra mags and extra ammo, but i carry it back and forth every time i use the vehicle.

I’m one of the people that feel absolutely no more responsibility than locking my car; so, I’m fine with using the center console. Matter of fact is someone burglarizes my vehicle I would rather they steal my gun than my laptop; its much cheaper and much easier to replace.

I carried a rifle in the trunk for a while, but when I was in at work with my keys in my pocket, they would sometimes decide my trunk needed to be standing open; so, I quit that. I could probably disable that but haven’t looked into it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, chances R said:

I will be sure and tell the rep at the SCCY booth at the NRA meeting last month......

Wait, was he claiming that they’ve opened the Maryville, facility? I’ve been unable to find any record of any such activity. The move was announced a couple years back, but that’s all inor anyone else I know has been able to find about it and even their website still lists them as being in Florida.