robtattoo

ad closed 'Saturday night Special' RIA ordered. Thanks y'all!

3 minutes ago, chances R said:

yes, in part.  several of my friends stopped by the booth and spoke to the Prez.  Specifically was told they have started making a few guns there now and will increase production over a period.  

That’s veeeey interesting. I’d pay full retail to see a TN rollmarked gun. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hughd said:

PSA P32 BLK with free shipping $149.99. :shrug:

It's tough to argue with that, but I'd really like to go .380/.38 if I can find one.

The more I think about it, the more I'm digging the idea of another little snubby .38

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chances R said:

I will be sure and tell the rep at the SCCY booth at the NRA meeting last month......

Based on our last discussion on the matter nothing was happening:

However, there does appear to be some job listings on indeed.com for SCCY in Maryville.  Maybe it is coming along.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cknight98 said:

My only issue with those KelTec p32’s thatbibe had is mine always got bad rim lock...

Keltec has a fix for that now. They put a shim I’n the mag. It supposedly only happened with hollow point ammunition. I have a box of silver tips, that I never shot through mine, because of the rim lock situation.

I only ever carried ball in mine, because of rim lock and also for penetration. Hollow point out of a .32 tend not to expand and doesn’t  penetrate through heavy clothing.

I ended up giving P32 to my daughter as a carry piece. Then I got the LCP. Still usually carry ball in it too. 

But in my S&W 442, I carry 130 gr Federal Nyclads.

• Like 1

SCCY is currently making parts in leased space very near their intended final location. I believe final assembly is still in Daytona.   I learned that a couple weeks ago. The plan I heard was they'd begin work on a permanent facility late this year or early next year. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 9:43 PM, MacGyver said:

The M206 is a workhorse of a pistol.  Put it in the same category as a Charter Arms Bulldog or the like.

The build quality is what you'd expect from RIA - nothing fancy - but good quality and utilitarian.

As much as I love my RIA 1911, the RIA revolver I bought last year is junque. Your mileage may vary.

6 hours ago, gregintenn said:

As much as I love my RIA 1911, the RIA revolver I bought last year is junque. Your mileage may vary.

Really?! What's wrong with it? Add I understand it they may have had a recall from incorrect timing/lockup. I remember seeing something like that in a review.

Just to add another "what I have" reply, I have multiple Bersa .380s as well as Taurus 85s in .38spl.  To date I have been very pleased with them and have had no hiccups out of any of them.  I tend to spread them around the place like reading glasses so they are always handy when and where I need them.  They are not in plain sight.  I have other more expensive handguns of course but for utilitarian dependable usage, these fit the bill.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, robtattoo said:

Really?! What's wrong with it? Add I understand it they may have had a recall from incorrect timing/lockup. I remember seeing something like that in a review.

I haven't really took it apart to see. The action feels quite good with the gun empty. Load it, and the cylinder wants to bind...sometimes.  Might be an easy fix. I dunno. I'll have to dig it out and look at it sometime. It is fairly accurate. The grips aren't that great. You get a pair of very homely wood grips, and a pair of black grips that would look big on an N frame Smith.

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I haven't really took it apart to see. The action feels quite good with the gun empty. Load it, and the cylinder wants to bind...sometimes.  Might be an easy fix. I dunno. I'll have to dig it out and look at it sometime. It is fairly accurate. The grips aren't that great. You get a pair of very homely wood grips, and a pair of black grips that would look big on an N frame Smith.

RIA's grips have never been anything to write home about.  I remember being so disappointed when I got my first RIA 1911.

That's the first I've heard of issues on the M206. I wonder how their warranty is?

1 hour ago, btq96r said:

What's the price you're willing to pay for a P3AT with two mags, and how close to Nashville can you travel?

Whatever fair market value commands & I generally meet up at the Outpost Armory, just outside of Murfreesboro. If it's cheap enough, I'm happy to meet on your front door step.... :)

16 hours ago, robtattoo said:

I'm kinda narrowing down my options.

Ruger LCp, or Kel-Tec P3at/PF9, possibly a P11

I have both an LCP and P3AT. The keltec is a little smaller, but the Ruger is nicer in every way.  The P9 is miserable to shoot, the P11 is somewhat better.

• Like 1