• Moderators

What is absolutely the most frustrating to me is that statistics can easily prove that law abiding citizens that own suppressors have an insanely low crime rate.

The facts literally disprove the narrative.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/atf-despite-nearly-1-3-million-silencers-united-states-rarely-used-crimes/

1.3 million silencers. 44 suppressor related crimes per year over the last decade. However, the article doesn't suggest that those 44 suppressor related crimes were of the 1.3 million legal suppressors. It actually suggests the contrary with the following:

Of those 44 crimes per year, only 6 involved defendants with prior felony convictions.

I'm fairly certain that a defendant with a prior felony conviction could not legally possess a suppressor or firearm. So, that suggests of the "44 crimes", some (at minimum, 6) were illegal suppressors in some form or fashion!

So...1.3 million legal suppressors...44 crimes per year "legal and not legal suppressors" and now suddenly it is an epidemic.

It makes me sick just listening to the rhetoric because it is such a lie. Yes, people die at the hands of handguns and semi-automatic rifles, etc. I can at least understand why those types of weapons are opposed by many. Of course I still oppose any restrictions on them. But opposing legal suppressor ownership is as backwards as could be seeing as how the people who go through the process for obtaining a legal suppressor are about as standup as can be.

• Like 1

Start a movement for the "protect the hearing of hunting dogs."

Unless they're hypocrites, every animal rights activist should be all in.

These pups were breed to hunt, are you willing to deny them the right to what is their preferred dog life style?

Do you not care about their quality of life being impacted by hearing loss or damage after retirement?

Dog have rights too.

• Like 2

These same politicians will never be honest enough to tell anyone that in Europe it is much easier to get a silencer/suppressor than it is in the US. Even in the UK where it is somewhat difficult to purchase a firearm you can easily purchase a suppressor. So much so that a Murfreesboro man named Paul Gratton bought SIX of them while on a trip to the UK and brought them home. Of course he also got convicted and went to jail for possession of unregistered suppressors......but the point is that he was able to purchase 6 silencers at retail in Great Britain while on vacation.

That douchebag Menendez (who is as crooked as a dog's hind leg and just missed going to jail for bribery last year when a mistrial was declared in his case ) will never admit that there are over a million NFA registered suppressors in the hands of law abiding folks and that NFA registered suppressors are used less in crimes than steak knives or rocks..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Cruel Hand Luke said:

These same politicians will never be honest enough to tell anyone that in Europe it is much easier to get a silencer/suppressor than it is in the US. Even in the UK where it is somewhat difficult to purchase a firearm you can easily purchase a suppressor. So much so that a Murfreesboro man named Paul Gratton bought SIX of them while on a trip to the UK and brought them home. Of course he also got convicted and went to jail for possession of unregistered suppressors......but the point is that he was able to purchase 6 silencers at retail in Great Britain while on vacation.

What a shame. Best I can tell he got about 3 years. He was a family man that had a helicopter repair business; I assume he lost.

I don’t doubt he intentionally violated the law and got caught. But dang man, there are violent offenders that don’t do time on their first conviction. No one was hurt or put in danger by what he did.

We have criminal hugging politicians running all over the place yelling for “Second Chances” for career criminals and dragging offenders to the White House for press conferences while guys like this sit in prison....its ridiculous.

• Like 2

Yep....makes no sense but he was likely viewed as low hanging fruit and an easy conviction to pad statistics by the prosecutor. And no one in Hollywood is going to be an activist to get a middle aged white guy who is a useful member of society who just happens to have possession of some threaded metal pipes out of jail. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...