Fact Check - Rifles in Crime Story

Ski

The local Fox affiliate ran a story about the increased use of rifles in crime and used Bennie Cobb, a "certified firearms and rifle instructor" and former captain with the Shelby Co. Sheriff's Office, as the main source.  There are several things that struck me as untrue or misleading at the very least.  Am I wrong?

https://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stories/rifles-now-the-street-weapon-of-choice-due-to-easy-access-in-our-area-expert-says/961526525

“You can order a Russian-made, a Chinese-made AK online for $150. Of course, you don’t have a permit or a license to carry a rifle,”

Where can I buy an AK online for $150?

You also do not have to have a license to carry a handgun if it's not loaded.  Rifles cannot legally be "carried" loaded (with exceptions for protecting livestock, hunting, etc) without a permit..  If I recall properly, you can have a loaded riffle in your vehicle if you have a HCP.

Cobb said background checks are unlikely to happen once rifles are purchased online and they’re readily available at gun shows.

Where is this place online that I can purchase rifles that don't require transfer to a FFL (and a background check)?  I suppose it's theoretically true that one could be a rifle online without going through a dealer if it were within the state.  But,, his statement makes it sound like background checks don't apply to online purchases of rifles.

Captain Bennie Cobb- retired, the owner of EAGLE EYE SECURITY AND TRAINING SERVICES has over 35 years in law enforcement and public safety. His diversified professional experience has made him one of the most sought after public safety consultants in the area. He is regularly called upon by churches, businesses, neighborhood and community leaders and local media to give his input on crime and public safety concerns. Captain Cobb prides himself on maintaining a professional relationship with the federal, local and area law enforcement agencies, thus ensuring that he is able to keep abreast of and provide the most real time and trending information to his clients.

Cobb specializing in programs dealing with gangs, drugs, guns and home, churches and business assessments. Lately, he is getting more requests for church security and active shooters response training. If you, your business or neighborhood group has concerns about any of these issues or just need a speaker for your youth event, 

His livelihood depends on people believing those things in that story are true.

Edited by DaveTN