Someone needs to proof read

I could not read any farther . Funny that these were guns going OUT of the US.

The seizure included the equivalent of 52 AR-15 assault rifles, 30,000 rounds of caliber ammunition for various weapons, 189 long arms, 156 handguns, five vehicles, a hand grenade, a motor round and $110,000 in cash. Twenty-five people were arrested.

huh, motor rounds...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/authorities-seize-thousands-of-weapons-and-explosives-in-international-weapons-trafficking-bust

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got long arms....as compared to my height.

I saw that on another....ummm...."news" site. They had AR parts all lines up on display, stocks, uppers, bolts etc. Upon further inspection I noticed that EVERY AR lower was an unfinished 80%'er. Yep. They seized parts and accessories for about 52 AR's, but they WERE NOT guns yet. So that's how they are playing it up. Granted, most parts and even 80% lowers are subject to export rules and regs and these damn fools were in violation. But, they are selling us hyped up BS by saying they seized 50-some odd AR's.

Did you catch that this was in 'Muricas butt hole?....Coward County....err.....Broward. Go figure.

Edited by I40Bandit

I take exception to them calling an AR-15 an assault weapon, it isn't until someone uses it to assault another person. The hammers in my shop are also an assault weapon if someone chooses to assault another person with it. I am TIRED of this cr@p!! So for an uninformed person they don't know an AR-15 is considered a long gun, at least if it isn't an AR-15 pistol.

I don’t understand why criminals in other countries want to deal with criminals here. It seems to me getting fully automatic weapons from other countries (North Korea, China, Russia) would be much easier and cheaper.

The story doesn’t say Assault Rifles.

The seizure included the equivalent of 52 AR-15 rifles, 30,000 rounds of caliber ammunition for various weapons, 189 long arms, 156 handguns, five vehicles, a hand grenade, a motor round and $110,000 in cash. Twenty-five people were arrested.

However, the AR-15 is now an Assault Weapon. You can be upset over that term all you like; but it is accurate. To try to deny it implies we shouldn’t have them, or that there is something evil about something that is called an assault weapon.

No one really cares about what name you call the AR-15. It has proven itself time after time as an Assault Weapon. But it seems some still try to make differentiation; like that will matter. (See Below)

Distinction from assault rifles

The term "assault weapon" is sometimes conflated with the term "assault rifle". According to the Associated Press Stylebook, the media should differentiate between "assault rifles," which are capable of switching from firing automatically to semi-automatically, and "assault weapons," which are strictly semi-automatic and "not synonymous with assault rifle."[5] Civilian ownership of machine guns (and assault rifles) has been tightly regulated since 1934 under the National Firearms Act and since 1986 under the Firearm Owners Protection Act.[11]

Edited by DaveTN