Cruel Hand Luke

Is AT&T Field (Lookouts) Posted?

Anyone know for SURE if AT&T field (home of the Lookouts) is posted or if they have metal detectors?

Someone was asking me if I knew (since I used to shoot fireworks for the Lookouts) but it has been a LONG time since I have been down there. And I cannot find anything in their FAQ page or on the web about it other than a 6 year old thread here.

Anyone been lately and know for sure? I'd hate to tell him "no" and then get him jammed up if it is now. 

Thanks!

Not in Tennessee. These are your prohibited locations....

• TCA 39-17-1306 – Carrying weapons during judicial proceedings.
  • TCA 39-17-1309 – Carrying weapons on school property. Also see Attorney General Opinions 09-129 and 09-160.
  • TCA 39-17-1321 – Possession of handgun while under influence.
  • TCA 39-17-1359 – Prohibition at certain meetings — Posting notice.
  • Attorney General Opinion 09-170 – Firearms on Leased Property.
  • Note that handguns are also prohibited at airports, military institutions, and any other building/area prohibited by federal law.
  • Some Local Public Parks - TCA 39-17-1311

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I have never seen any signs there but I dont really look.  They routinely do bag/purse searches but I've never been patted down or wanded there.

No metal detectors, wanding, etc tonight (6-5-19). Wife said that they were doing some bag checks coming through the front gate, otherwise nothing.

I came up the steps from the street on the 1st base corner and there was no one doing bag checks or anything else there. A young lady working the area tore my ticket and that was it. I saw no signs anywhere. 

Edited by c99c

On 7/3/2019 at 6:07 PM, Cruel Hand Luke said:

Not in Tennessee. These are your prohibited locations....

• TCA 39-17-1306 – Carrying weapons during judicial proceedings.
  • TCA 39-17-1309 – Carrying weapons on school property. Also see Attorney General Opinions 09-129 and 09-160.
  • TCA 39-17-1321 – Possession of handgun while under influence.
  • TCA 39-17-1359 – Prohibition at certain meetings — Posting notice.
  • Attorney General Opinion 09-170 – Firearms on Leased Property.
  • Note that handguns are also prohibited at airports, military institutions, and any other building/area prohibited by federal law.
  • Some Local Public Parks - TCA 39-17-1311

The last one you listed 39-17-1311. "Carrying Weapons on Public Parks, Playgrounds, Civic Centers and Other Public 
 Recreational Buildings and Grounds. 
(a) It is an offense for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, with the intent to go 
armed, any weapon prohibited by § 39-17-1302(a), not used solely for instructional, display or sanctioned 
ceremonial purposes, in or on the grounds of any public park, playground, civic center or other building 
facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or 
instrumentality thereof, for recreational purposes"

The permit exception "(H) Persons possessing a handgun, who are authorized to carry the handgun pursuant to § 39-17-
1351 or § 39-17-1366, while within or on a public park, natural area, historic park, nature trail, campground, forest, greenway, waterway, or other similar public place that is owned or operated by the 
state, a county, a municipality, or instrumentality thereof;"

Does not apply to ballfields. You stopped reading too soon.

Edited by billkill
Formatting

Billkill, not sure what point you are trying to make.  If a private ballfield, then the owner could post as with any business.  If a school field then no carry allowed. Public parks to include ball field then a permit holder would be allowed to carry unless posted at all entrances and bag and wanding  searches are done.