ALCOHOL/COFFEE Is this a good idea??

48 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Is it a good idea that I get my caffeine and alcohol at the same time?

It sounds like a great idea, and a real time saver.

Mixing stimulants and depressants is not a good idea. Plus this looks like it would be awful.

Welp, I’ve had several beers now and this idea of combining my beers and coffee is sounding better all the time. I think it could possibly make for a more enjoyable day.

I did do a search for this product on their web site. There are no purchase options for this product within 100 miles. So ….. making this change tomorrow probably is not going to happen.

Time to go watch the Fireworks and see if the Donald has those tanks rolling through DC yet. :usa:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Moderators
42 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Welp, I’ve had several beers now and this idea of combining my beers and coffee is sounding better all the time. I think it could possibly make for a more enjoyable day.

I did do a search for this product on their web site. There are no purchase options for this product within 100 miles. So ….. making this change tomorrow probably is not going to happen.

Time to go watch the Fireworks and see if the Donald has those tanks rolling through DC yet. :usa:

russian-military.jpg

• Admin Team

I went out to Burger Republic with an older friend recently.  I watched him as he read the beer menu with a sort of puzzled look on his face for two or three minutes. 

Finally, he put it down - utterly confused - and offered, “they’ve got 75 beers on this damn menu, but no bud light, coors lite, or anything I’ve ever heard of. But, they’ve got PBR in a can? I just don’t get it.”

• Haha 2
  • Moderators

For the record, I love PBR. Of course I’m a fan of most any beer that was likely to be drank by my grandfather or his contemporaries. Nothing the yard beers that were drank by the blue collar guys in the 40s-60s. 

Don't mean to rain on this parade but good God what are they thinking?

The only thing worse than a falling down sleepy drunk is a wide awake falling down drunk! Of course I may be a little biased as I frequently draw legal blood alcohols, before 0900, in our ER, for local LEO's. Frequently...all too frequently.

So please...if you are gonna combine alcohol and coffee...Stay you A** at home.

This has been a PSA from your local ER RN that has no ill will towards PBR. 🙄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not sure what the folks over at PBR are up to.  A buddy sent me a picture from the local Walmart the other day of non-alcoholic PBR.  I don't drink anymore but I enjoy a NA beer from time to time.  Let's be real here, I never drank PBR for the taste, the idea alone of alcohol free PBR is enough to make me not want to try it (I image it taste like PBR, but worse).  BTW if anyone is looking for a good NA beer try Wellbeing Brewing Company. (I like the Hellraiser) Closest thing to the taste of real beer that I've found.  Their website can help you locate a distributor near you. 

The only thing more discussed and debated than brands of beer people like is brands of ammo, or caliber, or brands of guns, or something to do with carrying past a sign.

Drinking my usual coffee this morning I now feel like I’m missing something. :-\

• Haha 1

Personally I prefer to brew my own beer. :cheers:

I stopped drinking to :puke: excess a loooong time ago. Rarely will I have 2 beers in a 24hr period anymore. Coffee and beer....no thanks. Must be a millennial thing or something.

On 7/5/2019 at 4:10 AM, Jamie Jackson said:

Of course I may be a little biased as I frequently draw legal blood alcohols, before 0900, in our ER, for local LEO's. Frequently...all too frequently.

Your early morning is their late night!

• Haha 1