Norinco SKS Supply - 2019

3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

It was probably in petty good shape 56 years ago.

Probably not.  I've often thought that every one of these show the effects of bored Chinese soldiers who sat around beating the hell out of their rifle stocks ...

11 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

Probably not.  I've often thought that every one of these show the effects of bored Chinese soldiers who sat around beating the hell out of their rifle stocks ...

Never heard it refered to as "beating your rifle stock before"..lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Iv done a bunch of custom mods to the SKS design. Its like the K98 mauser of mid weight semi autos. Just yesterday I finished up the machining specs so you can use factory ASC AR-type magazines in the SKS. Its for use with the Marcus G9 mag adapter. With this new machining spec, it will get the G9 adapters back on the market. That makes factory mags completely interchangeable with AR-47's.

wwH6In4l.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 8:39 PM, GlockSpock said:

https://aimsurplus.com/firearms/curio-and-relic/?narrow=[["Caliber"%2C"7.62x39"]]&disable_semantics=1

I had basically a LNIB Norinco that I had $250 or $300 in. I know people older than me were able to pick these up for under $100, but even at $300 I wish I had kept it. It was an amazing rifle/piece of history. I wish I had never sold it.

Have an $89 one in the safe 😛

• Like 2

My late friend was something of a SKS collector. He told me once that his goal was to have at least one from every factory that ever built one. When he passed, he had about a dozen of them. The most he ever paid for one was maybe $100. We sold them in the $250-300 range and they went very quickly. 

One thing when talking about these $100 or less rifles is the cost of inflation and adjust for year. Assuming its mostly 80's, that $100 is more like $250. These are still more, but here are less, so you know.

But these aint nothing like the insane increase in M1 Carbines. I remember the shot I use to go to in the 80's which had 2 55 gallon drums filled with them and would go on sale for $69 (normally $89). They were some pretty nice ones. How much is one of those now? 1K or better.

Guess that makes these pretty cheap?

• Like 1
19 hours ago, luke9511 said:

That's not a bad price.  I see used ones around here, going for that and they are all ragged out.  I've had a couple over the years.  Good, reliable shooters.  The stocks on both were too short for me.  I needed at least another inch or two at the butt.  The pull was just too short.  Still, I wish had at least one of them back.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Moped said:

That's not a bad price.  I see used ones around here, going for that and they are all ragged out.  I've had a couple over the years.  Good, reliable shooters.  The stocks on both were too short for me.  I needed at least another inch or two at the butt.  The pull was just too short.  Still, I wish had at least one of them back.

yeah i got a crappy one back in 2015 from a friend for $250 and have since put it in a tapco stock and got a ak style mag release and some tapco mags

• Like 1
Just now, luke9511 said:

yeah i got a crappy one back in 2015 from a friend for $250 and have since put it in a tapco stock and got a ak style mag release and some tapco mags

Never was a fan of the Tapco Mags.  I kinda liked the fixed 10 rounders, myself.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...