New home!!

I have an outside antenna. It picks up several channels, including locals. Most of them are junk. But aside from the cost of the antenna, cables, pole, the rest is free, so......

You should be able to pick up quite a bit in your location. Good luck.

22 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I have no clue what Roku is. I don't keep up with all the new stuff being offered. I'm not really an electrnoic guru about all the stuff offer these days. I have two indoor  antennas I was using in the last place and on a good clear day I can get a few channels really clear. Channel 2, MeTv, Justice channels come in well on Living room Tv and Bedroom Tv gets ION really good as long as there is no rain between here and Franklin and I am happy with ION to watch at night before bed. Tommy said we can look at an out door antenna being moved from his house to mine and me trying it out. He said he didn't get but a few channels when they used it but he also lives in a house surrounded by huge trees and my back yard which is also the direction of most broadcasting towers are in is all open and has no trees. He said they don't watch TV anyway so he will try and get it moved this weekend to back of my house. I guess we will see if that works. It is suppose to pick up stations 150 miles away with a clear view and no trees.

You can a Roku at any Walmart. Its pretty much just a little box that hooks up to the back of tv and a remote. You have to register it online but, that's not to bad,

On 7/11/2019 at 11:04 AM, Quavodus said:

...Roku at any Walmart. Its pretty much just a little box that hooks up to the back of tv and a remote. You have to register it online but, that's not to bad,

Sounds like he is on a wireless hotspot, as were we when we lived out in the sticks. Good news is that it works, bad news is that it is: expensive, flaky (depending on weather/atmospherics), slow-ish, and may have bandwidth caps. The last would seriously get eaten up by a Roku or any other internet-connected streaming device. If caps aren't an issue, wireless bandwidth is... streaming an HD movie took up all our pipe, meaning that's all we could do at one time, and often there were hiccups. 
Sounds like fiber is on the way in his area....so yaaaa for that.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Sounds like he is on a wireless hotspot, as were we when we lived out in the sticks. Good news is that it works, bad news is that it is: expensive, flaky (depending on weather/atmospherics), slow-ish, and may have bandwidth caps. The last would seriously get eaten up by a Roku or any other internet-connected streaming device. If caps aren't an issue, wireless bandwidth is... streaming an HD movie took up all our pipe, meaning that's all we could do at one time, and often there were hiccups. 
Sounds like fiber is on the way in his area....so yaaaa for that.

I am using an AT&T Hot Spot for my internet but mine is not wireless. It plugs into a USB port on the computer and I get 10 gb's for $50.00 a month and I never get even close to using that much. When it began I was getting 3 Gb's and then after about 2 years it went up to 5GB and I didn't ask for it. They just raised it and the cost remained the same. Last year it went up to 10GB and again the price remained the same. I can unplug it from desk top and plug it into laptop and it works just as good.

Guess we were farther out in the sticks....that's a great deal. We were pay'n around $150/mo for unlimited cap.  Tho' if the box is not wired into a broadband connection it's still wireless.
Roku is a good option if you are tired of cable/sat , we have 3. We get our TV over the air (I have indoor antennas, but we live in Nashville now). Everything else is via the internet.