CHEAP AMERICAN MADE GUNS!!

DaveTN

7 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Meh, size queens. 

🤣🤣

Yes. Surface Area and Mass are as important as velocity; it’s like a triangle thingy.

Well, there’s that, and then there’s the whole “We were awake in physics class” thing. Some of us are more than just a pretty face.

:wave:

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One mention of American made Heritage 22 Revolvers (single 6) but price said $169. Maybe retail is $169 with a MAG Cylinder included with the 22LR Cylinder. However, Smoky Mtn Gun & Ammo (Sevierville) has a bunch on display for from $99.99 (4.5 inch) to $114.99 (6 inch) and even the dual Cylinder (MAG and Regular 22LR Cylinders) for I think I remember $139.99 (or at least  you can buy a MAG Cylinder for $30).

Might also note the TAURUS American Made 22LR Pistol (TX22)that  EVERYONE on U-Tube is raving about (buddy has one, shoots great) for as low as $259.99 (advertised at Smky Mtn Gun & AMMO recently) with a $50 rebate from Taurus. Gun comes with two 16 ROUND MAGS and Threaded Barrel (adapter included). I think 10 round MAGS are available, but have not seen one. 

I see the Taurus Spectrum (380) was mentioned above.  I did not know or remember made in America. I have one - paid $169 some months back (think end of 2018 or early 2019) and had $35 rebate from TAURUS. Now see them for $119 and $129 (BUD'S in Sevierville has a bunch in a case for $129).  I had to send mine back to TAURUS twice (they paid shipping) to get issues resolved (Fail To Fire and Lock Back when shooting). Seems great now as  last few times I have shot it ran reliably (thin 200 rounds are so). Finally with a new Recoil Spring, apparently new Striker, and repair of the spring on the Lock Back lever -  all seems OK. 

The PHOENIX 22 (mentioned earlier) and 25 Caliber (available) are American made and run in the $119 to $129 range with 3 inch barrel and one MAG. Can get a KIT that comes with a case, a 3 and 5 inch barrel, two MAGS (10 rounds), and some cleaning supplies in the case for like $180 to $200. My son and I bought the KIT together (shared cost - in his name) out the door in GA for $200.  Good shooting little gun with a few idiosyncrasies (two of those can be modified).  

Edited by PAULSHOOT
Add info about Taurus Spectrum.
  • Like 1

I bought a Taurus G2C 9mm brand new for $185. I know people love to hate Taurus, but I had heard great things about it so I bought one. 1000 rounds later and no issues or failures of any kind. I did replace the polymer guide rod and spring and put in a ss, but that's it. Absolutely love the gun.. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 10:09 PM, sawilson005 said:

I bought a Taurus G2C 9mm brand new for $185. I know people love to hate Taurus, but I had heard great things about it so I bought one. 1000 rounds later and no issues or failures of any kind. I did replace the polymer guide rod and spring and put in a ss, but that's it. Absolutely love the gun.. 

I think made in Brazil. 

Heritage and TX22 are made in America, I think the Spectrum is also (not sure). 

• 4 weeks later...

Something different (fun) is Heritage Rough Rider with 16 inch barrel (yes 16 inch). I was tempted when I traded my 4.75 inch rough Rider, but stayed reasonable with the 6.5 inch. 

Friend bought a 16 inch with Flag Grip at Smoky Mtn Guns a week ago ($129.99).  We shot it a bit Sunday - 45 foot target distance (some free hand, some supported against a tree, and some against the tree with barrel supported on a branch).  Barrel on a branch worked best. LOL 

OPPS!!! I attempted upload a picture of target (site would not allow that).  

Edited by PAULSHOOT
On 7/8/2019 at 7:47 PM, xsubsailor said:

:whistle:

phoenix.png

I agree with "It's a bargain plinker." comment.

Gun with one MAG is like $129.99. Son and I bought a Kit (3 and 5 inch barrel, extra MAG you don't get with the gun alone, a lockable plastic case, and some cleaning supplies) for $200 out the door. Son picked it up in GA from a dealer and thinks they did not add Background check fee (BTW, dealer did not carry in stock, but had it advertised on their web site. They had to order it). 

It's Fun to make the usual "fun of it as a CA Gun comments) but it is a shooter. It does have some weird things that can be easily modified. Two things can be modified: 1) Requires to be in safe to remove the MAG, 2) Requires MAG to rack the slide.

Three things can't be modified: 1) Hammer Stop Safety (just leave it off), 2) Difficulty in reinstalling the recoil spring if you release the slide with barrel off (it's the dickens, but there are a couple of techniques that help), 3) MFG recommends AMMO less than 1150 FPS (structural considerations - take a chance and shoot some cheaper AMMO in 1200 plus a little _ I don't know).  

Anyway, it's another low cost gun made in USA and fun to shoot (try it). 

2 hours ago, PAULSHOOT said:

I agree with "It's a bargain plinker." comment.

Gun with one MAG is like $129.99. Son and I bought a Kit (3 and 5 inch barrel, extra MAG you don't get with the gun alone, a lockable plastic case, and some cleaning supplies) for $200 out the door. Son picked it up in GA from a dealer and thinks they did not add Background check fee (BTW, dealer did not carry in stock, but had it advertised on their web site. They had to order it). 

It's Fun to make the usual "fun of it as a CA Gun comments) but it is a shooter. It does have some weird things that can be easily modified. Two things can be modified: 1) Requires to be in safe to remove the MAG, 2) Requires MAG to rack the slide.

Three things can't be modified: 1) Hammer Stop Safety (just leave it off), 2) Difficulty in reinstalling the recoil spring if you release the slide with barrel off (it's the dickens, but there are a couple of techniques that help), 3) MFG recommends AMMO less than 1150 FPS (structural considerations - take a chance and shoot some cheaper AMMO in 1200 plus a little _ I don't know).  

Anyway, it's another low cost gun made in USA and fun to shoot (try it). 

I had one of these, and cheap as it was, it never failed to go bang.

Some recent prices on the TAURUS TX22 (mine was $219,99 ordered plus FFL of $10 and Back Ground of $10 ) are good since also a REBATE of $50 off of that.

That said, SAD REBATE is good only for purchases or orders thru Sept 30.  

Anyway, as I posted previously on a Thread  - I received mine 09-28-2019 (ordered 09-16-2019) and final cost all included out the door was $239.99. The REBATE will be  $50 off of that) = $189.99 

8 hours ago, Quavodus said:

I watched some videos today on the Sccy CXP2 and if they're all as good as the ones in videos, I've got to have one.

I had one in my cart yesterday, but decided I want other things. I doubt you will ever get one for less than $150. 

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sccy-cpx-2-9mm-pistol-no-safety-1-magazine-cpx-2cb-s.html?trk_msg=O7E45T6M3DM4P4ADJ4UCLI4H7G&trk_contact=L60AMVEUQ5132LDJ9DIKMMS71C&trk_sid=H8MGJV27O0RHSRN2H70S7LLTMG&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fpalmettostatearmory.com%2fsccy-cpx-2-9mm-pistol-no-safety-1-magazine-cpx-2cb-s.html&utm_campaign=Daily+Deal&utm_content=12%3a00+Email

On 10/4/2019 at 5:20 AM, DaveTN said:

I couldn't pass it up. So I put it back in my cart and placed the order. Should be here tomorrow. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I couldn't pass it up. So I put it back in my cart and placed the order. Should be here tomorrow. 

Would love to know what you think.  I've been on the fence for a while on them.  I've read pro articles and con articles. The Con articles scare me away from this pistol. 

On 10/10/2019 at 9:45 AM, DaveTN said:

Dang man, I used a FFL I haven’t used before, because they are closer to the house. I saw from the tracking the gun was delivered. They are closed for 12 days of renovations. :panic:

• Sad 1
On 10/12/2019 at 11:04 AM, DaveTN said:

Dang man, I used a FFL I haven’t used before, because they are closer to the house. I saw from the tracking the gun was delivered. They are closed for 12 days of renovations.

You may have moved on to the next gun you "need" before you can get it picked up. :waiting:

Edited by hughd
MAY
  • 2 weeks later...

Some time ago SCCY announced they were planning to build a new facility in Maryville, TN!  They have acquired 68 acres and will move their entire operation - management, operations, etc. into that facility.  I spoke with them a year ago about whether they had plans for larger caliber handguns and perhaps carbines.  The larger caliber handgun answer was "yes" but with no definite timeline for their introduction.  On the carbine question the answer was "errr, uhhh, errr, let us get back to you on that one."  That answer was not a definite "no".  It sounded like they were looking at the possible opportunities but wanted to make the announcement if and when they were closer to actual production time.  Around 350 new jobs will be created in this move.  Wish I had a timeline on the completion of their new facility.  

27 minutes ago, stumpy said:

Some time ago SCCY announced they were planning to build a new facility in Maryville, TN!  They have acquired 68 acres and will move their entire operation - management, operations, etc. into that facility.  I spoke with them a year ago about whether they had plans for larger caliber handguns and perhaps carbines.  The larger caliber handgun answer was "yes" but with no definite timeline for their introduction.  On the carbine question the answer was "errr, uhhh, errr, let us get back to you on that one."  That answer was not a definite "no".  It sounded like they were looking at the possible opportunities but wanted to make the announcement if and when they were closer to actual production time.  Around 350 new jobs will be created in this move.  Wish I had a timeline on the completion of their new facility.  

Have they even broke ground yet? News on that seemed to go stagnant pretty soon after the announcement