CHEAP AMERICAN MADE GUNS!!

DaveTN

On 10/10/2019 at 9:45 AM, DaveTN said:

I couldn't pass it up. So I put it back in my cart and placed the order. Should be here tomorrow. 

Picked it up today. The FFL I decided to use closed for 2 weeks for renovation without putting it on their web site. :panic: The double action trigger is definitely safe. I actually think I could hang it off my belt by the trigger and not have to worry about it. But I knew that when I ordered it. :)

I haven’t had a small gun recently that I felt comfortable putting it in a jacket pocket without a holster covering the trigger, to walk the trash out to the curb or go to the mailbox; I do now. ;)

It only came with one mag; supposed to be two. Guess I’ll find out if PSA or SCCY will take care of that. :-\

EDIT: I just noticed in the description that this is a “special” deal and only includes one mag. So much, for me not paying attention. My wife says I do that to her all the time….. shes right.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 4:35 PM, DaveTN said:

Picked it up today. The FFL I decided to use closed for 2 weeks for renovation without putting it on their web site. :panic: The double action trigger is definitely safe. I actually think I could hang it off my belt by the trigger and not have to worry about it. But I knew that when I ordered it. :)

I haven’t had a small gun recently that I felt comfortable putting it in a jacket pocket without a holster covering the trigger, to walk the trash out to the curb or go to the mailbox; I do now. ;)

It only came with one mag; supposed to be two. Guess I’ll find out if PSA or SCCY will take care of that. :-\

EDIT: I just noticed in the description that this is a “special” deal and only includes one mag. So much, for me not paying attention. My wife says I do that to her all the time….. shes right.

PSA has these for $149.99 and there is a $25 mail in rebate.  That makes these $124.99!

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sccy-cpx-2-9mm-black-fde-pistol-no-manual-safety-1-magazine-cpx-2cbde.html

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Yes, that's what I got, only in black. I posted the link on the previous page; its still good.

Did you ever shoot it?  I don't recall seeing a review or your thoughts on the pistol.  Only that the trigger was heavy and that you could hang it from your belt, by the trigger, safely. :) 

16 minutes ago, Moped said:

Did you ever shoot it?  I don't recall seeing a review or your thoughts on the pistol.  Only that the trigger was heavy and that you could hang it from your belt, by the trigger, safely. :) 

No, I haven't shot it yet.

Been a SCCY fan for several years.  Sent one back as it did not handle JHP.   Got it back in 1 wk, handled multiple brands without issue.  Great CS.  Recent story of one damaged in house fire that they replaced, no charge.  My shoots good and and I think is one of the Best Buy’s for an American made, reliable, and excellent CS gun.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a SCCY CPX2 myself liked how it shoots and ate any ammo thru it no issues at all only thing that made me sell it was the grip after doing 3-4 mags the back bone of my thumb started to fell numb and turned red. It just did not fit well in my hand other than that great gun. 

Another I have is a Hi point JCP .40sw love how it feels on the hand and hasnt given my any troubles at all with brass or aluminum thru it havent tried steel yet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I thought I'd bring this thread back. I've been looking at some cheap autos online. Kel-Tec 9mm interests me. I've owned a Lorcin L380 in .380 of course. It shot ok with fmj, never tried anything else in it. People think Hi-Points are cheap made, they need to look at a Lorcin or Davis. Woah.  If I buy anything cheap it will probably be a Kel-Tec.

Edited by Quavodus

I agree Sonny but, that just kills the gun snobs don't it. I've got 2 (are ya'll sittin" down) Hi Points. And a Sccy CPX2. Love all of them. Good shooters and will feed and fire every type of ammo I've tried. I've fired aluminum  cased, steel cased and different brands of brass cased ammo. Hollow points too. 

6 hours ago, Quavodus said:

I agree Sonny but, that just kills the gun snobs don't it. I've got 2 (are ya'll sittin" down) Hi Points. And a Sccy CPX2. Love all of them. Good shooters and will feed and fire every type of ammo I've tried. I've fired aluminum  cased, steel cased and different brands of brass cased ammo. Hollow points too. 

I’m a gun snob. I try not to be, but I can’t help it. But that doesn’t have anything to do with where they are made. If you are going to buy junk; buy American Made junk. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Quavodus said:

i shot a Canik from a friend,under 300 bucks,it does everything a glock does but better....

6 minutes ago, SonnyCrockett said:

i shot a Canik from a friend,under 300 bucks,it does everything a glock does but better....

Those sub $300 Caniks are getting hard to find.  I think the cat's out of the bag.

• Like 1
On 7/8/2019 at 6:47 PM, xsubsailor said:

:whistle:

phoenix.png

I own one of those in black and I got it in a trade on a couple fire arms and forgot I had it in the safe for quite a while. I finally took it out and actually put some rounds thru it and I have to admit I was impressed. It is very accurate and will eat any brand of ammo I fed it and I could run it as fast as I could pull the trigger and it never failed to fire or jam. I cleaned it up and put it back in the safe and ran up on 3 more mags for it. Holds 10 rounds.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I own one of those in black and I got it in a trade on a couple fire arms and forgot I had it in the safe for quite a while. I finally took it out and actually put some rounds thru it and I have to admit I was impressed. It is very accurate and will eat any brand of ammo I fed it and I could run it as fast as I could pull the trigger and it never failed to fire or jam. I cleaned it up and put it back in the safe and ran up on 3 more mags for it. Holds 10 rounds.

I believe you can get a second longer Barrel for it too.

4 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I have one in 25acp that my wife loves to shoot. They are cheap and decently good at what they are (a cheap pew gun). Only thing I hate is the breakdown lever thing on it my god do I have issues trying to pull it foward. 

On 6/1/2020 at 1:16 PM, Moped said:

Those sub $300 Caniks are getting hard to find.  I think the cat's out of the bag.

Yes. Word has definitely spread on these. I've bought 3 different models and all were under the 300 mark.

Now that I'd like to add to the collection I find that I'm going to have to pony up a bit more on some...a lot more on others.

FWIW  Oddly enough, the Elite compact is the one I favor least. The full size shoot and handle so well, I think I'll just stay with them.

• Like 1