CHEAP AMERICAN MADE GUNS!!

DaveTN

I like the looks of the little Phoenix. Everything I've heard about them is good. Should've got one when they were more available.  I sent one of my Hi Points back to Strassel Machine. I bought it off of Egunner auctions. I knew when I bought it that it  had problems, looked like it had been dropped really hard. Something was wrong with trigger mechanism. They sent a box Fed Ex today and had a brand new C9, extra mag., trigger lock, and extra rear sight. I'm impressed. 

Edited by Quavodus
  • Like 2

Like I mentioned earlier. I got a 22 Phoenix in a gun and the guy wanted what I had to trade but was a few bucks short so he threw the Phoenix in the mix and I made the deal. I found most folks don't like them because they say the gun has to many safeties' with 3. I use one and leave the other two off. the guns are a little heavy but very accurate to shoot. I got Sam to fix the mags so they hold the action open on the last round. I like the weight cause there is almost zero recoil. I had a guy offer me $150.00 for it and I told him I would have to pass. I almost laughed at him but then I remembered he was offering me new gun price for a used gun as they sold for 159.00 new In most stores.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Like I mentioned earlier. I got a 22 Phoenix in a gun and the guy wanted what I had to trade but was a few bucks short so he threw the Phoenix in the mix and I made the deal. I found most folks don't like them because they say the gun has to many safeties' with 3. I use one and leave the other two off. the guns are a little heavy but very accurate to shoot. I got Sam to fix the mags so they hold the action open on the last round. I like the weight cause there is almost zero recoil. I had a guy offer me $150.00 for it and I told him I would have to pass. I almost laughed at him but then I remembered he was offering me new gun price for a used gun as they sold for 159.00 new In most stores.  

The way you keep talking these up...I might have to look for one. lol

I seem to remember you mentioning a kit(?) with a longer barrel sometime back. Sounds interesting. 

34 minutes ago, hipower said:

The way you keep talking these up...I might have to look for one. lol

I seem to remember you mentioning a kit(?) with a longer barrel sometime back. Sounds interesting. 

Good luck finding one now.

Here's the conversion kit

pheonix.png

This “2-In-1” Barrel & Magazine Conversion Kit is made by Phoenix Arms for the HP22 & HP22A .22 LR Pistols. The kit contains a 5” barrel for increased accuracy, and an extended 10 round magazine for added comfort and better grip.

I have had one on my maybe list for a long time. Came close about 5 years ago at a small gun show. Was the only thing there of interest but I thought he was a bit high. Waited around for him to get done chatting with another customer and after about 15 minutes talked myself out of buying it and walked away with out talking to him. Was a nice with box with both barrels. Haven't seen one since that nice for that price. Lost opportunities.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

I have had one on my maybe list for a long time. Came close about 5 years ago at a small gun show. Was the only thing there of interest but I thought he was a bit high. Waited around for him to get done chatting with another customer and after about 15 minutes talked myself out of buying it and walked away with out talking to him. Was a nice with box with both barrels. Haven't seen one since that nice for that price. Lost opportunities.

Sadly, I think we've all done similar things. I know I have. Can't really even tell what the worst was. But I did walk away from a consecutive serial number set of Smith revolvers once. 

With my wife standing there telling me to buy them.🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1
  • 5 months later...

Ran across this and had to add my two cents. I agree with the sentiment of buying American. In practice, however, I disagree. I buy quality firearms that work and fit my hand. The SCCY sounds great but I have yet to hold one. Kel Tec is great. I have one of the first P32s that came into TN. bought it new and will never sell it. Just a bit heavier unloaded is my baby Browning, NOT US made. I think no one would turn down a good HiPower. Also at one time owned a Taurus 85, Taurus 669, EAA Witness in .45 ACP. My favorite pistol, the overweight darling, is Brazilian made. Bought one new when they first cae to the states because it fits my hand perfectly. Also in it's favor was every review I read on it with one writer stating it outperformed his Colt Officers Model he had nicknamed "money pit" due to the amount spent tuning it. 

By the way, the SCCY and Kel Tec are out as my primary until they build a good .45.

On 12/17/2020 at 6:06 PM, papa61 said:

Ran across this and had to add my two cents. I agree with the sentiment of buying American. In practice, however, I disagree. I buy quality firearms that work and fit my hand. The SCCY sounds great but I have yet to hold one. Kel Tec is great. I have one of the first P32s that came into TN. bought it new and will never sell it. Just a bit heavier unloaded is my baby Browning, NOT US made. I think no one would turn down a good HiPower. Also at one time owned a Taurus 85, Taurus 669, EAA Witness in .45 ACP. My favorite pistol, the overweight darling, is Brazilian made. Bought one new when they first cae to the states because it fits my hand perfectly. Also in it's favor was every review I read on it with one writer stating it outperformed his Colt Officers Model he had nicknamed "money pit" due to the amount spent tuning it. 

By the way, the SCCY and Kel Tec are out as my primary until they build a good .45.

Curious @papa61, my P32 is a pretty early one serial <200 where does yours fall? I love mine and have shot it a ton. I hardly ever go anywhere without it!

Edited by seez52
2 hours ago, seez52 said:

Curious @papa61, my P32 is a pretty early one serial <200 where does yours fall? I love mine and have shot it a ton. I hardly ever go anywhere without it!

mine is between 300-310.

Did you get yours in Gallatin? I had to reorder mine. The first one came in and a LEO needed it so the shop sold him "mine" 😁

Hey, my CZs are my favorite toys, but everything else I own is US-made (save for a few inherited shotguns).

I consider my Ruger LCP II and LC9s to be inexpensive (at least they were when I bought them - lol).

The LC9s is with me the most of the time. It's a great gun, easy to shoot and surprisingly quite accurate.

Mr. Hickcock seems to do well with one, too 😉

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

Hey, my CZs are my favorite toys, but everything else I own is US-made (save for a few inherited shotguns).

I consider my Ruger LCP II and LC9s to be inexpensive (at least they were when I bought them - lol).

The LC9s is with me the most of the time. It's a great gun, easy to shoot and surprisingly quite accurate.

Mr. Hickcock seems to do quite well with about anything he picks up. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ran across the Remington R51 recently. Price was around $400 not the the $200 mentioned in original post and the price was firm. Felt good in the hand and liked the compact size. Did a quick search on the net afterwards and appears they worked the kinks out. I might buy one if could find around $200. 

I would purchase a LC9S if I could find one, however I have gone to the SW MP 9 C with the 4" brl and 15 round mags. I have 2 of these MPs. Really like them and the trigger is great on them. The more I shoot the better each gun gets. First one I purchased has never failed to shoot and the second one had 3 FTE until I took it apart and cleaned and lubed it real good. I have around 200 more rounds through the second one and have had no failures since cleaning. I got 600 rounds through the first purchased MP 9.  With ammo shortage, I have slacked off on firing a lot of rounds.  I can carry either gun in OWB in a belt slide Aherns holster  with athumb strap, or IWB in a Crossbread holster.  I would pocket carry the LC9 S.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Swamp ash said:

4 hours ago, pop pop said:

I would purchase a LC9S if I could find one, however I have gone to the SW MP 9 C with the 4" brl and 15 round mags. I have 2 of these MPs. Really like them and the trigger is great on them. The more I shoot the better each gun gets. First one I purchased has never failed to shoot and the second one had 3 FTE until I took it apart and cleaned and lubed it real good. I have around 200 more rounds through the second one and have had no failures since cleaning. I got 600 rounds through the first purchased MP 9.  With ammo shortage, I have slacked off on firing a lot of rounds.  I can carry either gun in OWB in a belt slide Aherns holster  with athumb strap, or IWB in a Crossbread holster.  I would pocket carry the LC9 S.

I picked a Ruger LC9S Pro two years ago and love it. It was my carry gun until this summer, when I let my son borrow it. Finally got it back last week and it’s been on my hip ever since.

I though Ruger made a big mistake when they dropped it from the lineup in 2018. They recently brought them back out and upped the price about $150. The;new ones are selling for over $400.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Moped said:

I picked a Ruger LC9S Pro two years ago and love it. It was my carry gun until this summer, when I let my son borrow it. Finally got it back last week and it’s been on my hip ever since.

I though Ruger made a big mistake when they dropped it from the lineup in 2018. They recently brought them back out and upped the price about $150. The;new ones are selling for over $400.

Yeah, I think it is the perfect carry pistol and mine has never had a hiccup, either. It came with fiber optic sights and was less than $250.  My LCP II was ~ $190.  I couldn't pass that up.

6 hours ago, Swamp ash said:

Yeah, I think it is the perfect carry pistol and mine has never had a hiccup, either. It came with fiber optic sights and was less than $250.  My LCP II was ~ $190.  I couldn't pass that up.

I paid $232+ T &T.

• Like 1
On 12/18/2020 at 9:37 PM, papa61 said:

mine is between 300-310.

Did you get yours in Gallatin? I had to reorder mine. The first one came in and a LEO needed it so the shop sold him "mine" 😁

No. I was a member of the KTOG forum way back when the pistol was introduced and they offered members a special pre-sale deal. I paid Keltec direct and they shipped it to my ffl. It's been a great gun. I liked it so much I later bought another one for my wife. Her's has a grey grip and hard chromed slide. They used to make several colors of grips.