Places to advertise for automotive shop?

Im looking for places in Nashville to do some advertising for a shop I'm opening up. Been restoring and modding cars for 30 yrs. Always been on the other side of shop doing the work. It's time I learn the other side of things. Any ideas will be helpful!!!

12 minutes ago, 70Stingray said:

Im looking for places in Nashville to do some advertising for a shop I'm opening up. Been restoring and modding cars for 30 yrs. Always been on the other side of shop doing the work. It's time I learn the other side of things. Any ideas will be helpful!!!

My guess would be those "car sale" mags in the gas stations, and publications like Hemmings Motor News. MHRC (Murfreesboro Hot Rod Club) has a cruise in twice a month on Saturday. I haven’t been to it in years, but it used to be huge. I would guess that’s where your target market would be. Take something you have done, and put out some signs.

But you need to post some pictures here of cars you have done.

Dave thanks for the reply. The reason I ask is 99.9% of the work I've done over the yrs have been for ppl all over the states. I'm in a small town and everyone knows me but there's not enough work to support me. I went to a couple local shows last year and surprised a lot of ppl. The shows I've been going to for 10+ yrs have been the national type. I'm very popular there but don't have the funds to compete with ppl that's been in business all those yrs. It's hard to take a car I've done at another shop and display as mine, I try to have moral's. I'll post some random pics of things I've built. 

Peejman you are correct. That's the best.

Ronald I'm more into hard core fabrication than small lot work.

I'll throw in a few of the shop even though it's not finished yet.

FB_IMG_1554851383241.jpg

FB_IMG_1554851311052.jpg

FB_IMG_1554851425937.jpg

Very Nice.

I’ve had Vettes most of my life, and enjoyed showing them, but haven’t had anything for a few years.

Now that I’m retired I’ve kicked around the idea of getting something else. (Like a 68-72 Chevelle) But its not like it has been in the past; its serious money now.

11 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Very Nice.

I’ve had Vettes most of my life, and enjoyed showing them, but haven’t had anything for a few years.

Now that I’m retired I’ve kicked around the idea of getting something else. (Like a 68-72 Chevelle) But its not like it has been in the past; its serious money now.

Yes prices go up. To give you an idea on things, the orange GTO is a date coded restoration. It has around 3500 hrs in it and it's first show scored 1096 out of a possible 1100.  It is 1 of 58 built Ram air IV.

The blue one is a nut and bolt restoration. Just a little over 1500 hrs. Obviously you can build one cheaper as depends on how far you want to carry it. 

I've built over 400 Corvette chassis for the older cars using late model components, but my next 2 projects are going to be a 70 TransAm and some kind of old style 60's Gasser

6 hours ago, peejman said:

Cool toys. Like the fab work. Wish I was good at that.  

Takes practice and mess a few up and fix them. 

• Like 1