Glock 19 shooting 3 round bursts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't advertise this. Didn't a guy just go to jail for a malfunctioning AR?

That's what I was thinking...

A friend of mine... yeah... a friend had a similar problem with a Glock 17. It would fire two round bursts with the first two rounds of a new magazine. When the malfunction occured the pistol had just been cleaned. The pistol was taken apart cleaned again and after 2000+ rounds has not malfunctioned again. He has no idea what caused it and may never know.:love:

Edited by BrasilNuts

When questions like these come up... i strongly recommend to the OP that the word 'hypothetically' and 'theoretically' be used when asking this sort of question

You might want to stop shooting it until you get it looked at. Have you put any aftermarket parts in the gun?

Knowingly shooting a firearm that gives even an "unreliable double" may be a violation of Federal Law.

A gunsmith works Tuesdays and Thursdays at a certain gun shop in East Nashville. It may be worth your while to bring the gun over for a look see.

Anyone know why. I must have reassembled wrong yesterday evening... I broke it down again and the trigger seems to be smoother like it was before. Anyone know what I might have done...

First question is how far did you disassemble your Glock?

Like this?

http://glockmeister.com/fields.shtml

Or did you proceed to disassemble beyond the field stripping?

With the gun unloaded and using an empty magazine, does the trigger reset forward when you pull the slide back and allow it to slam shut?

Thanks guys... I am not worried about getting into trouble and I will not be carrying the gun anywhere until I replace all the parts that may cause this. I will be talking to a Glock Armorer as soon as I can....

PS I thought this was a trouble shooting section not a bragging section. I want the gun to function as it should and no I will not sell it!

This is not an uncommon thing that happens with Glooks.Sometimes a brass shaving or other debris can get lodged in the striker channel and jam or freeze the striker in the forward position.Then what you get is a slam fire going on.I have seen it happen.

How would a Glock hypothetically tear-off 3 round bursts after a disassembly? Could there be a consistent, repeatable pattern after the fact or a single occurance?

Improper assembly is a possibility. I am trying to ascertain if the gun was completely dissembled or if a part failure may have occurred.

The most prudent advice is from John Wall. Take the gun to a certified Glock Armorer to determine the reason for the three round firings.

probably coincidence on 3round, I don't know of a way to even make a glock do 3 rounds .... fully isn't hard to visualize, but there's no room for any sort of round counter. probably just some dirt somewhere causing the firing pin to stick forward or something and just coincidentally dropping 3 then releasing. Tear it all down and throughly clean then try again.

Guest 153blue

i always strip the whole gun. including the trigger assembly. powder residue builds up over time and makes the trigger pull rough or gritty. i'm thinking you should fully dissasemble the slide and clean the firing pin channel because residue does like to build there if never cleaned.

• Administrator
monkey_glock.jpg

There is a Glock Armorer at a certain shop in East Nashville on Tuesdays and Thursdays.:)

John, Rabbi has been blacklisted here for a reason. I'd appreciate it if you would dispense with the thinly veiled references to his shop. If you won't comply willingly, I'll remove you from the site the same as I did him.

For what it's worth, a Glock certified armorer (Todd @ CIS) has already replied to the original poster it would seem.

Thanks.

I must be crazy too because I also generally strip my pistols all the way down for a good cleaning. Granted, I may not go that far every time I shoot it, but It gets done quite regularly.