Any CAA MCK owners?

Well...as I said in the Post your Pics section to your post...

I've been looking at them. Would like to get one I think. What's your take on the one you have?

Any problems or concerns? Is it still considered and SBR and have to get a tax stamp?

I'm pleased with mine holding a 3rd Gen Glock 19.   The only mods on mine are a left-front mounded QD so I can use my preferred 2-point sling, the left thumb-rest, a Vortex Sparc II Red Dot (bought here on TnGunOwners), and I have a pair of Magpul backup sights that need to be installed.  I bought an Athlon 1-4 scope to use on it as I don't like being dependent on electronics mounted to firearms, but found the weight excessive and moved the scope to my Ruger PC Carbine.

No, it's not considered a SRB so no tax stamp is required. 

• Like 3

I love mine. SBR it's not, but if you already own compatible hardware it can ship to your door (no stamp), increases LR accuracy, accommodates built-in or add-on lighting, lasers and sights are easy to add, second magazine is at hand, and.....you can wear it around your neck (with a QD sling mount).
For me it's the perfect bed-side companion....don't tell my wife.

• Like 1

Thank you to billmeeks and Mamba...this is good information. 

My only contact with this type of product was at the NRA convention a year or so ago. At that time, I was told that with a pistol inserted, it was considered an SBR. 

Maybe that was a version without a wrist brace of any sort.

20 hours ago, hipower said:

My only contact with this type of product was at the NRA convention a year or so ago. At that time, I was told that with a pistol inserted, it was considered an SBR. Maybe that was a version without a wrist brace of any sort.

They also sell a Roni Pistol Carbine Conversion that does require a NFA stamp since it uses a stock instead of a brace. For me I don't see the point since they elongated the brace for the MCK. But of course there are SBR advantages to be had if you are so inclined.
We were at the convention in Indy back in April (yes the wife loves those events too, bless her), at their booth. Pretty crowded so didn't get to talk with them but great to see them busy. My G17 MCK was BO'd for awhile (supply meet demand); so had to wait about a month after order.

24 minutes ago, billmeek said:

The ATF can't make up their collective hive-mind from day to day. They are about as useful, and decorative, as a hub cap on a tractor.
https://www.80lowerjig.com/blogs/80-lower-blog/can-you-shoulder-ar-15-pistol-brace-2019/
I've never had a problem "accidentally" shouldering a brace at any range....of course that was not my "intent". 

Mamba,

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet! <grin>  That web page you reference says the "final ruling" in 2019 is from the 'ATF Open letter', but the problem is the Open Letter PDF file was last modified January 16, 2015 and the ATF letter I referenced was from March 21, 2017.  The Sig letter is clarification of the ATF position of the Open Letter.  That website got it wrong.

Now that doesn't mean there aren't changes in the ATF position since 2017, but I'll need something from the ATF to show me otherwise.

You believe what you want. I believe that the ATF exists only to suppress our constitutional rights. That's been their record so far. If you want to side with them go ahead. But we are waaay off topic, so I am done here.

• Like 1