I typically file for my stamps and forget about them.  When I get the call from my dealer, it is like Christmas time.  Well, I have 2 stamps that have been pending since mid august 2018, and I can not wait for them to be approved.  I called the other day to check, I was told the average time was 9 months but call back in another 4 weeks and they may be approved.  4 more weeks would put me over 12 months.  All I want is permission from the crown to take my items home that I paid to have!  Efile form 1s are at 30ish days...get it together with the form 4s, please!

• Like 1

I feel your pain. I just received on July 25th two paper Form 1s that were sent off in early December 2018. I am STILL waiting on another Form 1 that was sent the 1st week of September 2018. I called and asked about it since I got the ones that I sent in 3 months later and as of right now it still has not been assigned to an examiner...they  cashed my check and entered my finger prints on Sept 11 but it has essentially sat there for the last 10 months with no action taken...... They told me to give it a couple of weeks and call back.... 

I don’t have the patience to do that. There is no legitimate reason in the world for any of that to take more than a month. This is 2019; everything is done by computer, no one is walking around filing papers and sorting through records.

I filed one in early July, like 7/8/18, and got the call on July 1, 2019 the stamp had come in.  This was back when Silencerco had the BOGO last year.  The freebie just showed up LATE JUNE 2019 from Silenerco, so now the waiting period started early July 2019 for the freebie.  Horrible planning by the company IMO.

update on my BOGO silencer, it only took less than 90 days for my stamp to come in for the BOGO silencer.  Yes, less than 90 days, so WTF ????

Edited by jpx2rk
2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I don’t have the patience to do that. There is no legitimate reason in the world for any of that to take more than a month. This is 2019; everything is done by computer, no one is walking around filing papers and sorting through records.

The govt shutdown put an extra month on there....and all the people that were trying to get their trusts approved before whatever deadline there was.... and the sheer volume of forms being filed now is exponentially more than 20 years ago.

I used to get stuff approved in under 90 days. But when the internet came along and more people realized that they COULD own this stuff and when the Gun Trusts became a thing it really supercharged the number of suppressors and SBR and SBS that are being registered or transferred. Back in the day NOBODY was registering SBRs. It was not much more $$$ to just buy a machine gun and put any barrel length on it . During the ban from 94-2004 a Preban AR might run you $1500 and a non colt M16 might be $1800-2000. But when machine gun prices got to where it was prohibitively expensive and a mere $200 was all that stood in the way of a MK18 Mod 1 setup which was now easy to source those parts then everyone and their brother filed a form 1 to make an SBR. And back in the day people at the range looked at you like you were some kind of "assassin" if you owned a suppressor...now it is almost "common" to see them at the range.

All those extra forms gotta get processed and the govt has never been in the efficiency business. 😉

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/29/2019 at 3:44 PM, DaveTN said:

The government still uses computers with floppy drives and CRTs, so....

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Local gun shop a few weeks back said there were over 100,000 pending tax stamps in TN alone. Sounds like a lot. Maybe I got it wrong and it is more like 10,000. 

Edited by Blitzen
Add to statement.

On my last 3 stamps, which were all pending at the same time although they had different submission dates, I finally wrote to my two Florida senators and my one representative about the dysfunction of the process with ATF and FBI.  I never heard back from Marco Rubio's office nor Bill Posey's office, two Republicans, but Bill Nelson, the Democratic senator who was defeated by Republican turncoat Rick Scott, was responsive.  Bill Nelson's office reached out to me in reply to my letter within a couple of weeks.  His office followed up with ATF and FBI.  In less than a month all three of my pending stamps came back as approved.  That was at a wait of between 6 to 8 months between the three stamps.  Meanwhile I have coworkers who are in excess of 14 months.

Edited by billyblazes
15 minutes ago, my82cam said:

I wonder who I would reach out to in Hendersonville/Nashville?  I have never stirred the pot nor had a need to write to them.  It sounds like it is worth a shot.  

You have two senators ( Lamar Alexander and Marsha Blackburn) and one representative (I think it's Mark Green) who represent Tennessee at the Federal level.  They are all Republicans, not that that had any bearing in my success.  In my correspondence I mentioned that I already hold multiple NFA stamps, NIC's checks for firearms purchases had recently been run on me without issue, my employment requires finger printing every 5 years along with background check and credit report.  I pointed out that I am in the system and I am repeatedly vetted with regularity.

I then pointed out the dysfunction that leads to the government often being the brunt of jokes regarding inefficiency.  Specifically that all three of my pending stamps would all go through the same process rather than doing one check that would be applied to approve all three at once.  I don't know if my arguments had any traction but I was pleased with the quick resolution.

Edited by billyblazes
21 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Cool. 

whos the manufacture and model?

It’s a converted Colt sp1.  I was too poor to get a Colt with m16 stamped on it 😂. I had a small pin conversion done to it and anodized black instead of the colt grey.  

Edited by my82cam
34 minutes ago, my82cam said:

It’s a converted Colt sp1.  I was too poor to get a Colt with m16 stamped on it 😂. I had a small pin conversion done to it and anodized black instead of the colt grey.  

Nothing wrong with that, it's definitely inspect. Have you shot her?

614 is a good model with small pins and is usually couple k cheaper than a M16A1.

I got mine in 2011, its above in show and tell on pages 5-6.

Oh, I’ve shot it a lot, she’s flawless.  A “deal” came up on this and it was the exact amount I had saved.  Seemed like. Sign so I bought my dream rifle.  Ever since I was a young teen I’ve wanted an m16.   Stupid excited it’s finally here.  Wonder how long until the stamp comes in 😂

2 hours ago, my82cam said:

Oh, I’ve shot it a lot, she’s flawless.  A “deal” came up on this and it was the exact amount I had saved.  Seemed like. Sign so I bought my dream rifle.  Ever since I was a young teen I’ve wanted an m16.   Stupid excited it’s finally here.  Wonder how long until the stamp comes in 😂

So you have been having congigal visits with it at your FFL?