Dayton Ohio Shooting!!

4 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I often find myself critical of law enforcement, but whoever shot this clown so quickly sure had their stuff together! Kudos for a job very well executed.:hat:

Just now, Chucktshoes said:

Agreed. 

They (news people) were arguing on the news about whether it was 20 seconds or 30 seconds. Oh my gosh! 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

They (news people) were arguing on the news about whether it was 20 seconds or 30 seconds. Oh my gosh! 

When the news medias run out of news they are quick to make something up to keep the shooting on the front page as long as possible. Don't focus on the fact that the Police were very quick to stop what could have been a whole lot worse and try to find fault with the fact that he even got 1 shot off before being killed.

5 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

When the news medias run out of news they are quick to make something up to keep the shooting on the front page as long as possible. Don't focus on the fact that the Police were very quick to stop what could have been a whole lot worse and try to find fault with the fact that he even got 1 shot off before being killed.

The guy was standing in a crowd killing people when the Police opened fire. One of the first questions I heard asked at a news conference was if any of the victims were shot by the Police. I could not be in politics because I would have answered with “possibly” and moved on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

The guy was standing in a crowd killing people when the Police opened fire. One of the first questions I heard asked at a news conference was if any of the victims were shot by the Police. I could not be in politics because I would have answered with “possibly” and moved on.

Yea, they were just phising for more reasons to blame the police for not killing him quicker and creating a place to put more blame on someone and open up another can of worms that don't need to be opened.........JMHO

8 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Yea, they were just phising for more reasons to blame the police for not killing him quicker and creating a place to put more blame on someone and open up another can of worms that don't need to be opened.........JMHO

They want the drama of a cop shooting an innocent bystander. They fully understand that if someone is dropping bodies, the cops may have to take shots that have the risk of shooting bystanders (as in this case). However, if that happens they want to make a bunch of noise about that being unacceptable. Unless of course their family or friends are about to die.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I often find myself critical of law enforcement, but whoever shot this clown so quickly sure had their stuff together! Kudos for a job very well executed.:hat:

1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

Agreed. 

x3. I read they shot him within 30 seconds of him opening fire. Sadly, that was still enough time to kill 9 people. 

51 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

They want the drama of a cop shooting an innocent bystander. They fully understand that if someone is dropping bodies, the cops may have to take shots that have the risk of shooting bystanders (as in this case). 

Yep, they want the drama.   I'm not a LEO but fully understand that the "backstop risk" you have to take is totally different when the shooter is firing on everyone vs. only firing at the LEO(s).  

On 8/4/2019 at 4:34 PM, DaveTN said:

If there are riots, I don’t think they will be race riots (although there will be those that try to label them as such), but there may be violent interactions between the left and Right.

I recently came across this video on the subject you mentioned.    It's long but interesting on a civil war between the left and right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJh7Ye1Qvc8.    

13 minutes ago, Trekbike said:

Yep, they want the drama.   I'm not a LEO but fully understand that the "backstop risk" you have to take is totally different when the shooter is firing on everyone vs. only firing at the LEO(s).  

Sure, but not legally. Cops don’t want to shoot innocent people. If they don’t have cover and are being shot at; they will probably return fire. If they choose to, cops can give up their life instead of shooting at an active shooter, if they are concerned they might hit someone else. I wouldn’t, but some might.

Every factor in every shooting could be different. You always will face the fact that civil cases can do what they want. And that people will take days, weeks, or months to decide if the decision you had to make in a second was right and reasonable. (Police or Citizens)

18 minutes ago, Trekbike said:

I recently came across this video on the subject you mentioned.    It's long but interesting on a civil war between the left and right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJh7Ye1Qvc8.    

Ha, ha ha, After hearing the first minute or so of that I wasn’t going to watch an hour because there is no way of having any kind of prediction on who would win a conflict without very specific facts and causes.

That and him walking out there with a motorcycle helmet on. That looked stupid….and funny.

Maybe you can give the CliffsNotes version of what he decided. :)

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I looked at the video and scrolled down to the comments. One comment said one side has millions of guns and veterans, the other don't know what restroom to use. That's is funny.🤣

Ok, now that’s funny. 

47 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

One comment said one side has millions of guns

Currently that's the case, but the left is more bent than ever on removing AR/AK's from the general population.     Maybe they're more worried for a left vs right event rather than trying to stop mass shootings.

6 hours ago, Trekbike said:

Currently that's the case, but the left is more bent than ever on removing AR/AK's from the general population.     Maybe they're more worried for a left vs right event rather than trying to stop mass shootings.

If it turned into a left vs right event, it would be a mass shooting, many, many mass shootings.  I can't fathom having to pull the trigger on a fellow American but will defend what I swore to defend.

• Like 3

Better an AK/AR than a C-4 belt. You can stop 1 but not much chance of stopping the other if a person is determind to do a mass murder and has no plans to live through it!!! If one of the officers did shoot and hit a bystander, if he had not been firing at the bad guy chances are the bystander would have been killed by the shooter anyway...........JMHO

• Like 1