AR pistols may be next to go..........

Guest BCR#1

I was initially skeptical about the idea.  but after I did some work on the range with one, I changed my mind.  How much did you work with one before you decided they were a waste of money?  What specifically did you not like about them?

8 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I was initially skeptical about the idea.  but after I did some work on the range with one, I changed my mind.  How much did you work with one before you decided they were a waste of money?  What specifically did you not like about them?

I also have one.... Fantastic weapon especially if you have handicaps. I have a bad shoulder among other things and an ar pistol makes it easier for me to handle.

Edited by BHunted
  • Like 4

Been think about getting one, but I will probably hold off.  I think they make a handy firearm, though!

Actually, I don't think the pistols will go away, but I do think we are about to see a crackdown on braces and drum mags.  Those may well go the way of the Dodo bird and the bump stock.

Edited by Moped
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Moped said:

Been think about getting one, but I will probably hold off.  I think they make a handy firearm, though!

Actually, I don't think the pistols will go away, but I do think we are about to see a crackdown on braces and drum mags.  Those may well go the way of the Dodo bird and the bump stock.

They are indeed handy. They are popular for a reason. 

As far as drums I've yet to see the advantage of one over a magazine in any of these shootings aside from the pray and spray Vegas episode. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Whisper said:

I bought one, but I kinda figured this would eventually come up since is goes against the intent of the law. I didn’t put a brace on mine as I didn’t want to be the test dummy for that. This guy obviously won’t be the test dummy either. I just wanted something cheap to thrown in the trunk in case something more than a handgun was needed.

The initial intent of allowing a brace to be used by those that don’t have the use of both arms was a good idea. Of course, some quickly jumped on it and used it as a stock and some halfwits at the BATF couldn’t really make up their mind.

I think the attorneys at the BATF must all be Defense Attorneys, they need to throw some Prosecutors in the mix to give them a reality check. :)

I thought we were headed for some major changes in the NFA to allow SBR’s and possibly Suppressors. But with an SBR being used here and a suppressor being used recently in a workplace shooting; I doubt that will happen.

The bad thing about that mag is, any legislation will probably address anything over 10. I don’t think they can get that through the Senate; but you just never know.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I bought one, but I kinda figured this would eventually come up since is goes against the intent of the law. I didn’t put a brace on mine as I didn’t want to be the test dummy for that. This guy obviously won’t be the test dummy either. I just wanted something cheap to thrown in the trunk in case something more than a handgun was needed.

The initial intent of allowing a brace to be used by those that don’t have the use of both arms was a good idea. Of course, some quickly jumped on it and used it as a stock and some halfwits at the BATF couldn’t really make up their mind.

I think the attorneys at the BATF must all be Defense Attorneys, they need to throw some Prosecutors in the mix to give them a reality check. :)

I thought we were headed for some major changes in the NFA to allow SBR’s and possibly Suppressors. But with an SBR being used here and a suppressor being used recently in a workplace shooting; I doubt that will happen.

The bad thing about that mag is, any legislation will probably address anything over 10. I don’t think they can get that through the Senate; but you just never know.

I also got an AR pistol for that very reason as well.  Unfortunately, it has tremendous flash and sound when shot, which tends to minimize my desire to shoot it, lol. Still would use it in an emergency, but it almost makes me want to store a pair of earmuffs with it.

I've never had much interest in a pistol AR since AK pistols exist, but I hate to see the BATF do a 180.

These targeted articles really chap my hyde. Its an attempt to further misinform and polarize the unknowledgeable anti-gun crowd under the guise of being informative.

Not sure if you guys caught it, but this clown not only is taking a shot at AR pistols and braces, but SBR's by likening them to fully automatic weapons (playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon). H

e covers that the shooter had a pistol and not a rifle, then transitions to SBR (correctly defining it) trying to allude to their similarity and that the SBR requires a tax stamp. Then this: "The process is similar to legally owning a fully-automatic rifle"

Then refers again to the jerk who killed the folks after setting the context, saying "It is unclear if Betts' went through this process, but the firearm he used did have a barrel shorter than 16 inches."

He already established it was a pistol and did not need the "process", but is drawing a line for the uninformed that an SBR is just like a full auto, and this pistol used is basically an SBR...which of course means its just like a full auto rifle.

This is all done in a pretty sly way, but unfortunately it does work on his target audience and its clear what his entire point was with this article.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1
2 minutes ago, Erich said:

I've never had much interest in a pistol AR since AK pistols exist, but I hate to see the BATF do a 180.

These targeted articles really chap my hyde. Its an attempt to further misinform and polarize the unknowledgeable anti-gun crowd under the guise of being informative.

Not sure if you guys caught it, but this clown not only is taking a shot at AR pistols and braces, but SBR's by likening them to fully automatic weapons (playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon). H

e covers that the shooter had a pistol and not a rifle, then transitions to SBR (correctly defining it) trying to allude to their similarity and that the SBR requires a tax stamp. Then this: "The process is similar to legally owning a fully-automatic rifle"

Then refers again to the jerk who killed the folks after setting the context, saying "It is unclear if Betts' went through this process, but the firearm he used did have a barrel shorter than 16 inches."

He already established it was a pistol and did not need the "process", but is drawing a line for the uninformed that an SBR is just like a full auto, and this pistol used is basically an SBR...which of course means its just like a full auto rifle.

This is all done in a pretty sly way, but unfortunately it does work on his target audience and its clear what his entire point was with this article.

I did catch that as well, and as I was formulating my thoughts on it...you posted a very good commentary. Thanks for expressing it so well.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Defender said:

I also got an AR pistol for that very reason as well.  Unfortunately, it has tremendous flash and sound when shot, which tends to minimize my desire to shoot it, lol. Still would use it in an emergency, but it almost makes me want to store a pair of earmuffs with it.

Yeah, I gave up the idea of using mine for the application I thought it would fill. There are some quality factory AR’s available pretty cheap right now; I might need to need to add one of those. I have a couple of high end AR’s but I don’t want to leave them in the trunk.

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I don't disagree on your take here.  Still might get an AR Pistol and also a brace and just put the brace back and not put it on.  Just incase everything goes south one of these days.

7 minutes ago, Moped said:

I don't disagree on your take here.  Still might get an AR Pistol and also a brace and just put the brace back and not put it on.  Just incase everything goes south one of these days.

My SHTF rifle is a 308 AR.

However I just heard that there is no need for anyone to have 100 round magazine. So I suspect those same people would not think I need a 308 with 25 rounds. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably not.  I think we may be seeing the old 10 round magazine limits coming back, dependiong on how the next election goes, along with another Assault Weapons Ban,

I'm seeing a lot of Republican Politicians speaking out against us now.

3 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

However I just heard that there is no need for anyone to have 100 round magazine. So I suspect those same people would not think I need a 308 with 25 rounds. :)

No one's saying you can't own a 100 round mag. You just can't own the mag AND a gun that it will fit in....or matching ammo...or anything on the back of it that "converts" it from a rifle into a "racist killing machine fully semi matic"

5 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

No one's saying you can't own a 100 round mag. You just can't own the mag AND a gun that it will fit in....or matching ammo...or anything on the back of it that "converts" it from a rifle into a "racist killing machine fully semi matic"

Don’t you hate it when we can’t have discussions without people calling us racists? It use to be you knew when someone wasn’t capable of intelligent conversation by them using the terms “Hitler” or “Nazi”.

Today its “Racist” or “Nationalism” or its especially evil if you are a Nationalist and you are white, and if you are a Nationalist, white and old; you can’t be discussed in public; especially around children. :)

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

WTH Dave, no 50 round drum for your SHTF 308? Or are you just one of those sensible gun owners?

I was just talking to Jim about this. The fear doesnt seem that bad as I noticed that Brownells and a couple others still had drums in stock last night (I was checking to see if the news was causing a 2012 style buy up). But...now OOS

Damn media!

• Like 1

Well these nuts had bad timing. Congress is in recess until Sept. 6. By the time they go back in session, this stuff will be way down the list.  The media will have already moved on to the next crisis. The citizens are well known for their short attention spans. I think it'll all just blow over. 

Guest BCR#1
6 hours ago, Whisper said:

Page II

Edited by BCR#1