AR pistols may be next to go..........

Guest BCR#1

Guest BCR#1

I have two friends I shoot with every week who both have AR pistols and I've shot both of their's. The LOP on both are more suited for a small child rather than a grown adult. I just don't see the allure of owning one. If I wanted a pistol upper on one of my AR's, I would just do a form 1 and SBR the rifle.

Bill

24 minutes ago, BCR#1 said:

I have two friends I shoot with every week who both have AR pistols and I've shot both of their's. The LOP on both are more suited for a small child rather than a grown adult. I just don't see the allure of owning one. If I wanted a pistol upper on one of my AR's, I would just do a form 1 and SBR the rifle.

Bill

Probably be better off.   My Sig AR pistol is a 7.5 inch barrel.   I wish id went with an SBR, but I didnt want do do the Form 1 thing so...what does that route cost?

48 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

My 308 is heavy without using drum mags. But I have enough 25 rounders. :)

I'll have a family size all meat pizza with extra cheese.....and a small diet coke... 😛

• Haha 1

Biden had an interview with Anderson Cooper yesterday. In case anyone questions if Biden wants confiscation; let’s look at this. He makes no sense. He isn't mentally fit to be involved in these discussions yet alone President.

Cooper confronted Biden with the likely right-wing rebuttal: “So to gun owners out there who say ‘Well, a Biden administration means they will come for my guns.'”

“Bingo. You’re right, if you have an assault weapon,” Biden quickly replied. “The fact of the matter is they should be illegal, period. Look, the Second Amendment doesn’t say you can’t restrict the kinds of weapon people can own. You can’t buy a bazooka or have a flamethrower.

The guys who make these arguments say ‘The tree of liberty is watered with the blood of patriots, we need the protection against the government.’ Well, you’ll need an F-15 for that. You need something well beyond whether or not you have an assault weapon.”

The ban and buyback programs Biden proposed is not gun confiscation, he clarified.

“That’s not walking into their home, knocking on their doors, and going through the gun cabinets,” Biden said. “Right now, there is no legal way to deny them the right, if they legally purchased them. But we can, in fact, make a major effort to get them off the street and out of the possession of people” through a buyback program.

And Biden also offered a subtle rebuke of 2020 rival Sen. Kamala Harris, who has promised to sign a number of gun control executive orders in her first days in the Oval Office.

“The problem with that is if it’s just an executive order, when the next guy comes along and wipes it out, which the president [Trump] did,” Biden pointed out. “You have to get legislation to do that. But to say that you need to eliminate the gun show loophole to define what constitutes — I’m the guy that pushed the Brady Bill through the United States Congress when I was chairman of the Judiciary Committee on background checks. You can in fact do those kinds of things, but cannot as a matter of executive order constitutionally say ‘This is what we’re going to do relative to this particular weapon.'”

17 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

He makes no sense. He isn't mentally fit to be involved in these discussions yet alone President.

I agree with you but I can't help but laugh at this considering our current President. The two of them could argue in circle for hours. I actually look forward to the debates. 

• Like 2
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Look, the Second Amendment doesn’t say you can’t restrict the kinds of weapon people can own. You can’t buy a bazooka or have a flamethrower.

Point of fact, flamethrowers are completely unregulated on the federal level. Only a handful of states have regulations concerning them. They are actually a rather commonly used farm implement. 

Folks really should know what in the hell they are talking about before they open their mouths. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

I have a Sig MPX pistol and I am replacing the brace with a longer version from SB tactical called the SBA4. It extends like a collapsible buttstock. 

What's the benefit of that? Isn't the SBA4 also a pistol stock...or a rifle stock? Does it then become an SBR with a rifle stock?

27 minutes ago, turkeydad said:

Well I think some of the online stores are kinda hoping for a buying panic. I noticed PSA upped the price on some of their "whatever" plus 10 or 7 Pmag offerings. 

PSA changes their prices on a daily basis.

Guest BCR#1
4 hours ago, turkeydad said:

Well I think some of the online stores are kinda hoping for a buying panic. I noticed PSA upped the price on some of their "whatever" plus 10 or 7 Pmag offerings. 

Get rich while you can.

Bill

19 hours ago, Defender said:

I also got an AR pistol for that very reason as well.  Unfortunately, it has tremendous flash and sound when shot, which tends to minimize my desire to shoot it, lol. Still would use it in an emergency, but it almost makes me want to store a pair of earmuffs with it.

Oh, it sounds like yours is missing the suppressor!

300BO pistol suppressed... what’s not to love :shrug:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wingshooter said:

Oh, it sounds like yours is missing the suppressor!

300BO pistol suppressed... what’s not to love :shrug:

An excellent point -- the .300 Blackout is my preferred choice for an AR pistol.  I believe much better than the .223 in that size.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, hipower said:

What's the benefit of that? Isn't the SBA4 also a pistol stock...or a rifle stock? Does it then become an SBR with a rifle stock?

It's a pistol brace, (like Sig's), that extends like a rifle stock but with greater LOP than the Sig pistol brace by several inches. I'm 6'4" and the Sig pistol brace was uncomfortably short. The SBA4 is meant for an AR pistol but I have an adapter to attach it to the rail that is located on the rear of the MPX. Sig actually recommended this solution when I asked about extending the Sig brace. You can buy aftermarket rods to make the standard Sig brace longer but the roll pins that hold the rods in place are under the rubber of the brace making it very difficult to replace the rods without damaging the rubber.

It does not become an SBR because it's just a longer pistol brace. Here's a picture of the difference between the two. Although it looks like the SBA4 is like a normal stock, the entire bottom is plasticized rubber that splits apart to wrap around the forearm.

Braces_zpsjth1dvwq.jpg

Edited by E4 No More
Picture added

When you see the current offerings of "braces", you really have to appreciate just how fine that line is. Seems about the same as having a receiver originally registered as a pistol vs rifle (no real difference other than label). My CTR is a nylon strap away from being a brace but was born wrong so it can never be.

26 minutes ago, Erich said:

When you see the current offerings of "braces", you really have to appreciate just how fine that line is. Seems about the same as having a receiver originally registered as a pistol vs rifle (no real difference other than label). My CTR is a nylon strap away from being a brace but was born wrong so it can never be.

All of their stupid rules are convoluted it seems. In this case a rifle is a weapon that shoots a cartridge designed for a rifle; not a "real" pistol. So how is a weapon that has a barrel under 16" and fires a pistol caliber considered a SBR because it has a stock on it? How does the stock somehow make the pistol's bullet more deadly? I'm not talking about more accurate, but even so, isn't it best to be more accurate in self-defense? Does that not risk fewer lives?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

It's a pistol brace, (like Sig's), that extends like a rifle stock but with greater LOP than the Sig pistol brace by several inches. I'm 6'4" and the Sig pistol brace was uncomfortably short. The SBA4 is meant for an AR pistol but I have an adapter to attach it to the rail that is located on the rear of the MPX. Sig actually recommended this solution when I asked about extending the Sig brace. You can buy aftermarket rods to make the standard Sig brace longer but the roll pins that hold the rods in place are under the rubber of the brace making it very difficult to replace the rods without damaging the rubber.

It does not become an SBR because it's just a longer pistol brace. Here's a picture of the difference between the two. Although it looks like the SBA4 is like a normal stock, the entire bottom is plasticized rubber that splits apart to wrap around the forearm.

Braces_zpsjth1dvwq.jpg

Thank you for the information on this. I was totally in the dark on it. A usual state of affairs for me recently. 

6 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

All of their stupid rules are convoluted it seems.

I actually think its good that the folks who make the rules or write the laws are kinda of confused. Think if someone who really was clear, logical, and knowledgeable ever made the rules. That would be a bad bad bad day. The only upside to politicians and others involved being knuckleheads.

Edited by Erich
6 minutes ago, Erich said:

I actually think its good that the folks who make the rules or write the laws are kinda of confused. Think if someone who really was clear, logical, and knowledgeable ever made the rules. That would be a bad bad bad day. The only upside to politicians and others involved being knuckleheads.

Then they have no right to be upset over semantics.

You guys complaining about shooting an AR pistol obviously have not shot one with an SBA3 or SBA4. I've stopped building/buying 16" guns. My last AR was a 11.5 BCM gun with a SBA3 on it. They are every bit as comfortable to shoot as a 16" gun. I will admit the 7.5 AR is useless, 10.5 is as short as you want to go and still get decent ballistics.   I've got a 14.5 PSA Premium that's about to get tossed on my Aero pistol lower so I can run my can on it without having to worry about ATF rules.

Let us not forget that when they came for the bump stocks people echoed the same thing, they are stupid, don't serve a purpose they are just a novelty. AR pistols could be next, that's huge. Wait till they come after mags, you guys going to echo the same words about 30 round mags? Who needs 30 rounds, 10 rounders will be just fine. The slope has been greased and we are starting to slip down it.

BCM.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, felinesNfreedom said:

Let us not forget that when they came for the bump stocks people echoed the same thing, they are stupid, don't serve a purpose they are just a novelty. AR pistols could be next, that's huge. Wait till they come after mags, you guys going to echo the same words about 30 round mags? Who needs 30 rounds, 10 rounders will be just fine. The slope has been greased and we are starting to slip down it.

That is quite the leap in logic with the last bit. Comparing apples and oranges to a degree. I dont see a sentiment that pistols are novelties or OK to take, rather some personal preferences.  Leaving out the concept that taking any right is chipping away, I dont see folks OK with this being infringed.

Pistols have proven thru their popularity that these are in way comparable. The market has spoken loud and clear on it. The preference statements are just like those that like carbines versus full rifle length, or any other mod. To me anyway.

Bumpstocks sold, but no where near the following. Market again spoke. Sure some did not like it. But I dont like green beans, but sure some freaks really like em :D

And the market did and does on a daily basis speak to normal capacity (30 round....I refuse to call them high cap as there is only normal and retarded capacity). Comparing Bumpstocks to mags....is like comparing a Pinto to a Hemi Cuda. I am sure there are some that love the PInto, but if you crushed them all so what. Try that with a 'Cuda. 

--Not addressing the nibbler argument...we get that. But functionally the AR is easy to bumpfire without a special stock unless you are a [choose your own word] is what the sentiment on them seem to say.

Edited by Erich