AR pistols may be next to go..........

Guest BCR#1

17 minutes ago, Erich said:

That is quite the leap in logic with the last bit. Comparing apples and oranges to a degree. I dont see a sentiment that pistols are novelties or OK to take, rather some personal preferences.  Leaving out the concept that taking any right is chipping away, I dont see folks OK with this being infringed.

Pistols have proven thru their popularity that these are in way comparable. The market has spoken loud and clear on it. The preference statements are just like those that like carbines versus full rifle length, or any other mod. To me anyway.

Bumpstocks sold, but no where near the following. Market again spoke. Sure some did not like it. But I dont like green beans, but sure some freaks really like em :D

And the market did and does on a daily basis speak to normal capacity (30 round....I refuse to call them high cap as there is only normal and retarded capacity). Comparing Bumpstocks to mags....is like comparing a Pinto to a Hemi Cuda. I am sure there are some that love the PInto, but if you crushed them all so what. Try that with a 'Cuda. 

--Not addressing the nibbler argument...we get that. But functionally the AR is easy to bumpfire without a special stock unless you are a [choose your own word] is what the sentiment on them seem to say.

Ummmm, green beans with ham and new potatoes. :drool:

• Like 1

Poor ham and tots....makes me sad.   I'm going to claim emotional distress. I had to stare down plates of certain green veggies as a child for hours living in one of those households that you did not leave till you ate the disgusting thing on your plate. The scars are still there.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Erich said:

Poor ham and tots....makes me sad.   I'm going to claim emotional distress. I had to stare down plates of certain green veggies as a child for hours living in one of those households that you did not leave till you ate the disgusting thing on your plate. The scars are still there.

I experienced the same with oyster soup. It looked like testicles floating around in milk with my mother claiming, "It's good...eat it!"

7 hours ago, Wingshooter said:

Oh, it sounds like yours is missing the suppressor!

300BO pistol suppressed... what’s not to love :shrug:

Envious here!  I need a suppessor badly for it, and I also wish, in hindsight, that id went with .300 blackout...at the time i want sold on that caliber yet.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Defender said:

Envious here!  I need a suppessor badly for it, and I also wish, in hindsight, that id went with .300 blackout...at the time i want sold on that caliber yet.

Come to the dark (Blackout) side....  :)

• Like 1
On 8/6/2019 at 10:58 AM, Erich said:

I've never had much interest in a pistol AR since AK pistols exist, but I hate to see the BATF do a 180.

These targeted articles really chap my hyde. Its an attempt to further misinform and polarize the unknowledgeable anti-gun crowd under the guise of being informative.

Not sure if you guys caught it, but this clown not only is taking a shot at AR pistols and braces, but SBR's by likening them to fully automatic weapons (playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon). H

e covers that the shooter had a pistol and not a rifle, then transitions to SBR (correctly defining it) trying to allude to their similarity and that the SBR requires a tax stamp. Then this: "The process is similar to legally owning a fully-automatic rifle"

Then refers again to the jerk who killed the folks after setting the context, saying "It is unclear if Betts' went through this process, but the firearm he used did have a barrel shorter than 16 inches."

He already established it was a pistol and did not need the "process", but is drawing a line for the uninformed that an SBR is just like a full auto, and this pistol used is basically an SBR...which of course means its just like a full auto rifle.

This is all done in a pretty sly way, but unfortunately it does work on his target audience and its clear what his entire point was with this article.

I agree with you.  I do.  But the damn ATF makes it confusing as hell for people who KNOW about guns, much less those that don t.  You mean its legal to own a 5.56 mm firearm that looks like a scary assault rifle and has a barrel length of 10.5 inches with no special licence, but if you have a short barreled rifle with a barrel that length  it DOES require a license, stamp form, whatever?  Come on, you have to admit that makes no sense.  Only possible justification for the ATF to make the rules so weird is to confuse folks with an end goal of discouraging ownership.

I dont think anyone would ever dispute all this stuff makes little to no sense. Even they seem to be unclear when you read some of their "clarifications". I dont know if its to confuse or allow fodder for lawyers to make a lot of money. I would think lawyers draft the clarifications or at least are heavily invovled, so creating more work makes sense.

Of course if they want to discourage, they would just interpret things such that its a No you cant have that. But at least the aftermarket folks keep looking for and supporting the loopholes they provide, so enough gray that helps keep enforcement questionable if they reclarify another way.

7 hours ago, Erich said:

That is quite the leap in logic with the last bit. Comparing apples and oranges to a degree. I dont see a sentiment that pistols are novelties or OK to take, rather some personal preferences.  Leaving out the concept that taking any right is chipping away, I dont see folks OK with this being infringed.

Pistols have proven thru their popularity that these are in way comparable. The market has spoken loud and clear on it. The preference statements are just like those that like carbines versus full rifle length, or any other mod. To me anyway.

Bumpstocks sold, but no where near the following. Market again spoke. Sure some did not like it. But I dont like green beans, but sure some freaks really like em :D

And the market did and does on a daily basis speak to normal capacity (30 round....I refuse to call them high cap as there is only normal and retarded capacity). Comparing Bumpstocks to mags....is like comparing a Pinto to a Hemi Cuda. I am sure there are some that love the PInto, but if you crushed them all so what. Try that with a 'Cuda. 

--Not addressing the nibbler argument...we get that. But functionally the AR is easy to bumpfire without a special stock unless you are a [choose your own word] is what the sentiment on them seem to say.

If popularity and the market is what defines the 2A then I better hide my old revolvers and relics :hiding:

I never owned a bump stock, but I don’t agree with the banning of that piece of plastic either. A chip away is a chip away

• Like 4

You Gotta love .gov, where the ar pistol with arm brace is legal, but a small kid learning to deer hunt with a Thompson Contender  single shot, 14” barrel 30-30 with a youth stock mounted is a felony. I’ll stick with “shall not be infringed”.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

If popularity and the market is what defines the 2A then I better hide my old revolvers and relics :hiding:

I never owned a bump stock, but I don’t agree with the banning of that piece of plastic either. A chip away is a chip away

Good one. I imagine until the media develops an silhouette for given relics....you're probably safe! 

For the record, I agree, I would like for that to not have happened. Nor do I want any more in the future, I try to look at it pragmatically. As hard as it is stomach, seems we may have more to come. We can hope not, but as the bumps showed us, its going to. If we need to get support, to know what things folks are willing to fight for. popularity will drive it. The downside may be, it may not be the most important from a freedoms perspective. But we need the numbers.

When I was in CA in 2016 and an attempt to stop a set of sweeping gun bills was being fought. The (what seemed) large pro gun crowd talked a good fight, but would not get off the couch and go out and get signatures. Its a fickle group I guess.

3 hours ago, Erich said:

Good one. I imagine until the media develops an silhouette for given relics....you're probably safe! 

For the record, I agree, I would like for that to not have happened. Nor do I want any more in the future, I try to look at it pragmatically. As hard as it is stomach, seems we may have more to come. We can hope not, but as the bumps showed us, its going to. If we need to get support, to know what things folks are willing to fight for. popularity will drive it. The downside may be, it may not be the most important from a freedoms perspective. But we need the numbers.

When I was in CA in 2016 and an attempt to stop a set of sweeping gun bills was being fought. The (what seemed) large pro gun crowd talked a good fight, but would not get off the couch and go out and get signatures. Its a fickle group I guess.

I’m willing to compromise with them. I really am... let’s start with abolishing the NFA, and I might forgive them for stepping on the Constitution. :D

Today’s bump stock is tomorrow’s pistol brace - is next week’s drum mag - is next month’s semiautomatic. No gives!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was a thoughtful piece. Having lived thru the thousand cuts in CA, I had seen my rights get cut to the point I left, along with other reasons. But few are that passionate.

While the truths presented hold and ring true, I see this as a problem of numbers and the ease with which people are controlled thru media and the uninformed made to believe things that are not true. We, the rational gun owners are outnumbered in many places. Which leads to the laws we see passed as a function of outnumbering and weak politicians caving to the pressure. As we saw from the NYT headline swap, the left controls the high volume mainstream media. This seems to get worse on each pass. We lack acceptable representation that has that cache or credence. The NRA is seen a bunch of crackpots by the center to left.

That to me seems to be our area of focus, not fighting these things as we are on our back heels. Not sure of the vehicle to get the real truth and proper numbers out there. Seems like we need that credible mass media machine.

Our only relief is SCOTUS (the occasional correct state court rulings seem to get reversed on appeal or stayed). But with it taking 10 to 20 years to get to SCOTUS, and a reliance on their political balance of power at the time its on their docket, I fear cuts will continue.