We need a Gun Pictures sub-forum!

I think it would be great if we had a Gun Pictures sub-forum.

Many of us like to take pictures of interesting firearms and at GTG shoots, and need a place to post these pictures.

Perhaps we can break it down like this:

Photography and Multi Media-

Firearms Pictures

Firearms Video

Events and GTG

Off Topic (must remain Work Safe)

I would set the forum to only accept HOSTED media, and not allow people to upload their media, which would save bandwidth.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

What if we better integrated the photo gallery that we already have in such a way that it appeared more like sub-forums within the message areas?

Or if I switched us to a different gallery software that did?

That sounds like a good idea... I think it would increase the visibility of the photo gallery.

I personally host nearly all of my own pictures, either on my provider's server or Photobucket... So, I really just need a place to link them.

What if we better integrated the photo gallery that we already have in such a way that it appeared more like sub-forums within the message areas?

Or if I switched us to a different gallery software that did?

That would help.

I dont really like the format of the current gallery.

It would be better for someone to upload all of their pictures to an image hosting site, then post all of the links in a thread.

Like:

Thread Title: Check out my new Daisy BB Gun

Post all sorts of pictures

Be able to include lots of text, links, and info about said pictures

Then allow others to view, comment, and post their own pictures, text, links, and info in the same thread.

This isnt anything new. Most (read: all) forums I am a member of (and if you ask Dan, I am a member of a BUNCH!) have this sub-forum.

That sounds like a good idea... I think it would increase the visibility of the photo gallery.

I personally host nearly all of my own pictures, either on my provider's server or Photobucket... So, I really just need a place to link them.

Yes, the bonus to all of this, is it allows members to post tons of pictures and media on the forum, and not take any of the server space or bandwidth.

This will become very important as this site grows.