Point Blank indoor range Knoxville

I just wanted to pop up a thread about a very positive experience I had at Shoot Point Blank indoor range in Knoxville yesterday.

I also didn't want to drift a thread started by @Ronald_55 and that @peejman and others had posted in.

I've been shooting there (Shoot Point Blank) for several months. I went the first time based on a coupon I received in the mail for a free 1/2 hour range session. I became a member as they offer a 50% discount for prior military service. That, and the fact it's only 5 miles from my front door made it a no-brainer.

The facility is extremely well stocked, the staff are courteous, and professional. The ranges are safe, RSO's sharp, polite, knowledgeable, and professional. The range is well ventilated and well lighted.

With my membership I can shoot any gun they have for sale (Clarification: you can fire 5 rounds in a "test drive", or you can choose any gun from their Rental section to shoot).  I just need to purchase ammo from them to shoot in their gun. Fair enough.

You can shoot long guns as well as handguns there. As a member I am eligible for one free transfer per month and one free class they offer per month, and my range time is unlimited.

So, I was already very happy about my membership there.

I recently picked up a .22 LCR and just last week replaced the front sight with an XS Orange Dot sight. My wife liked the looks of it and wanted to go shoot it with me yesterday. Holy Moly...did you read that? My wife wanted to go shoot with me! 🤩 I jumped at that opportunity as it's been several years since she asked, and I learned loooong ago not to be pushy about such a subject. I've been married 31 years and plan to continue along that path!

So she tried my .22 LCR (heavy trigger, but she wanted to try). She also shot a .38 S&W and .38 LCR. The double action trigger pull is simply too much for her.

We went out to the desk and spoke with the saleslady. My wife handled several handguns, they not only allowed, but suggested she dryfire them.

We checked out a S&W 380 EZ because it fit her well (as I already mentioned, no charge as I'm a member) and paid for a box of their ammo (Magtech). My wife shot all but one magful, which she graciously allowed me to shoot LOL. She loved the EZ 380.

We bought her one then and there. Not the one she shot, but a new one that has a thumb safety because she liked that aspect. Excellent customer service all the way around imho.

Now I gotta start handloading .380 again. I ordered her some practice ammo and a couple of extra mags from CDNN when we got home. Life is good! Happy wife, Happy life as they say. :)

I just wanted to let folks know that there does exist quality facilities that do promote positive customer service and shooting experiences.

I have no business affiliation with Point Blank, I'm just a very satisfied customer.

Edited by Jamie Jackson
point of clarification
  • Like 10

I normally avoid indoor ranges but I agree with you on this one. It's a nice place. I went to school with one of the employees(Johnny). He's a great guy and knows his stuff too. I took 3 friends from Spain shooting at this range and they had a fantastic time. I've never had a bad experience there and all the staff bend over backwards to help. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 2
On 8/7/2019 at 4:19 AM, Jamie Jackson said:

With my membership I can shoot any gun they have for sale. I just need to purchase ammo from them to shoot in their gun. Fair enough.

Let me see if I understand this. The members are allowed to fire any gun that's for sale on the shelf... and after the membership has run several hundred rounds through these guns, they sell them at NEW prices? Just wanting clarification.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Steelharp said:

Let me see if I understand this. The members are allowed to fire any gun that's for sale on the shelf... and after the membership has run several hundred rounds through these guns, they sell them at NEW prices? Just wanting clarification.

I went and got a membership today. You can shoot any of their rental guns available. Not new guns off the shelf. But they had a huge rental section of handguns and Rifles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

I went and got a membership today. You can shoot any of their rental guns available. Not new guns off the shelf. But they had a huge rental section of handguns and Rifles. 

TripleGGG is correct. Sorry if my OP was misleading @Steelharp. Not my intention.

But they do indeed have a huge selection of rental guns. 

The EZ 380 we purchase was brand spanking new.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators

Wanted to add to Jamie's positive experience at Point Blank in Knoxville. 

I took some of my staff and their families there today for a group event. An absolutely fantastic experience for everyone. Each person could bring there own guns and had access to any rental gun, was giving 1 box of ammo, eye and hearing protection and targets. Kids 14 and under were free (nice surprise) , 29.95 for everyone else. Minimum of 6 people but I had 9. I did pay $50 for an instructor. We were given a room to use for 2 hours food, etc and had 2 hours of range time. We had 3 kids. A 16 year old boy, and two 14 year old girls. 

Very little experience for this group. Nothing like watching everyone, especially the kids, go from being a little afraid to big grins and comfortable. They shot everything from 22s, AR-15, revolvers etc. Of course I had to bring a revolver and Desert Eagle in 44mag. 16 year old boy I hear is still talking about shooting those two. 

The staff was fantastic. Made everyone feel comfortable and answered all questions. Cody, the instructor (a Marine) was fantastic. He was attentive and gave good, solid instruction, but also stepped back and let each person shoot which really added to their confidence. 

All in all an absolutely perfect experience. 

I shot maybe 15 rounds today mostly demonstrating something. One of the best days ever for me at the range.

• Like 5

Simply outstanding @TripleGGG! What a fantastic thing to do for your staff and their families. Not to mention the positive "Gun Culture" introduction and experience you've shared with them. This is how our 2A and firearms culture and traditions will survive and thrive.

I bet those kids will talk about that experience for a long time! :) You are one heck of a positive role model my friend (I already knew you were a great guy!).

I love going to SPB and try to do so weekly. I haven't been since last year (the 31st ;) ) so need to get over there soon...like tomorrow!

Thanks for sharing this brother.