Best Middle Tennessee Outdoor Ranges?

Hey guys! I have recently moved to Nashville and am looking for some outdoor ranges that also have pretty good training programs. I'm trying to get into taking classes and getting more competitive. Does anyone have any recommendations of outdoor ranges or training classes that fit my loose criteria?

Thanks for any guidance!

Guest BCR#1

There is a new outdoor club that opened outside of Nashville but I don't remember the name. There are threads with pictures on this site and other members commented it was rather pricey to join. Thank God I shoot for free at CRC.😍

Bill

• Administrator
On 8/7/2019 at 10:39 PM, 614Buckeye said:

Hey guys! I have recently moved to Nashville and am looking for some outdoor ranges that also have pretty good training programs. I'm trying to get into taking classes and getting more competitive. Does anyone have any recommendations of outdoor ranges or training classes that fit my loose criteria?

Thanks for any guidance!

The only outdoor range in middle Tennessee, that I know of, that hosts some training option from time to time is Strategic Edge in Chapel Hill.

There is a new training group called Treadproof Academy with what looks to be a superb facility off of I-840 near Fairview.  They have already pulled in some good nationally known instructors such as Kris "Tanto" Paranto.  Their range facilities aren't open to the public as far as I know but are limited to use for their courses.

The club that @BCR#1 mentioned isn't relevant to this conversation at all.  That is a very exclusive, high-end hunting club catering to social elites who want a highly curated hunting experience and a few pistol pits and carbine lanes.  It's not a bad operation at all and it's nice to see something like that happening locally, but the buy-in for it is on par with a very exclusive country club.  If that's your style, I can connect you with the owner.  He's a great guy and I'm overdue chatting with him again.

38 minutes ago, TGO David said:

The only outdoor range in middle Tennessee, that I know of, that hosts some training option from time to time is Strategic Edge in Chapel Hill.

There is a new training group called Treadproof Academy with what looks to be a superb facility off of I-840 near Fairview.  They have already pulled in some good nationally known instructors such as Kris "Tanto" Paranto.  Their range facilities aren't open to the public as far as I know but are limited to use for their courses.

The club that @BCR#1 mentioned isn't relevant to this conversation at all.  That is a very exclusive, high-end hunting club catering to social elites who want a highly curated hunting experience and a few pistol pits and carbine lanes.  It's not a bad operation at all and it's nice to see something like that happening locally, but the buy-in for it is on par with a very exclusive country club.  If that's your style, I can connect you with the owner.  He's a great guy and I'm overdue chatting with him again.

I looked at joining The Gun Club of TN. The initiation fee was like 15k. I politely declined. Lol. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, KahrMan said:

I looked at joining The Gun Club of TN. The initiation fee was like 15k. I politely declined. Lol. 

I had never heard of The Gun Club of TN so I googled it, and WOW!!!  

Dang, very nice but well above (and I do mean WELL ABOVE) this country boy’s reach.  Shucks, I would feel out of place at a place like that anyways.  

Besides, pretty happy at the bottom of the hay field with my dirt mound, in-laid railroad ties, and metal targets that only talk back to me when I hit’em!!

• Like 4

The Gun club of Tennessee is a lot more than that. It was, I believe $35,000 buy in + up to a $500 month fee. I toured it and its really nice, with a lot of big plans for the future, but way to pricey.

I also submitted an interest email to Strategic Edge but never heard back...Apparently they only take so many people a year for membership. Not sure if its open to the public at all.

Edited by Kevin Mac
Added info
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Swang said:

Pretty disappointed in middle Tn as there is pretty much zero places to shoot a rifle unless your a Rockefeller.  Only 1 place to shoot a rifle and its 100yards max.

Have you looked at the Montgomery County Shooting Complex?  Rifle ranges to 400 yds and a day pass is $11.  About 60 miles from Franklin.  I haven't shot there but have heard it's nice. 

Terry Walden's range at Manchester has separate rifle and pistol ranges.

The rifle range is 328 Yards (300 Meters). I haven’t been there in a while; last time I was there I think it was $10.

It’s right by Exit 105 off I-24

1862 Sixteenth Model Rd, Manchester, Tennessee, Call (931) 728-0223

https://www.facebook.com/Terry-Walden-Gunsmith-and-More-463632530390794/

==============================================

There is also the OK Corral at Woodbury. I’ve not been there yet.

http://okcshootingrange.com/

Also looks like we will be getting a range with 100 yard INDOOR range in Murfreesboro. :)

Edited by DaveTN
On 8/9/2019 at 9:56 PM, TGO David said:

I was talking about this one.

7 minutes ago, 1fast4by said:

I frequent OK Corral in Woodbury. It can be a haul for some (its in the middle of nowhere) but its very large, lots of room, $5 for all day, and kept up with very well.

Can you drive up and park where you will be shooting, or do you have to park in a lot and hump everything in? (Mainly asking about rifle ranges)

Eagle Eye range in Mt Pleasant TN has classes pretty regularly.  I was there shooting NRL22 this weekend and they were having a class down at the pistol bays.  Give them a call (you will likely talk to Mike) at  (931) 379-7977 to see what classes are scheduled.

• 1 month later...