• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Esko 270 said:

It depends on several different things but the main reason for me to go with a trust was so I could add family members. 

This is my reasoning. I’m going to buy all my NFA toys, then I’m going to add the wife to the trust. 😇

18 hours ago, Esko 270 said:

John wells did mine, he's a member here. It depends on several different things but the main reason for me to go with a trust was so I could add family members. 

John Wells completed my trust when I bought my first silencer.  

You have to provide finger prints and photos for all responsible persons on the trust.  There’s also an additional form you have to submit with the Form 4 for each responsible person on the trust now....and the LEO is ONLY a notification. 

At least that’s what I remember a few months back when I started the process. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Kevin Mac said:

Awesome! Great wealth of info. Is "The SilencerShop" a local store or an online vendor?

They’re an online vendor with relationships with many local stores around the country. According to your location listed in your profile, there are 3 shops that have their kiosks within minutes of you. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I understand it that you can do a trust and add all the toys, then add family as responsible person and no need for finger prints. When you add a toy every responsible person has to submit fingerprints and forms. 
So you remove everyone, add the toy, then add them back, is my understanding.

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2019 at 4:54 PM, Flyboy said:

I understand it that you can do a trust and add all the toys, then add family as responsible person and no need for finger prints. When you add a toy every responsible person has to submit fingerprints and forms. 
So you remove everyone, add the toy, then add them back, is my understanding.

NOT A LAWYER!!!

I think that's correct, however don't get caught doing it.   Pretty sure the ATF will flip if they ever catch someone doing it. 

• Like 1