[HISTORY] The Food That Built America

DaveTN

Three-Night Mini-Series 11th-13th Continues Tonight on the HISTORY Channel.

I started watching this last night and its pretty interesting. Besides the stories of companies like Kellogg’s, Heinz, and Coke, it talks about things we take for granted. Like refrigeration, and how the FDA came about from so many people getting sick or dying from tainted food, and companies being able to claim anything; true or not.

I think you might be able to watch the first night online. Or On-Demand if you have it.

https://www.history.com/shows/the-food-that-built-america

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

Love this!  I watch most of the series on the History channel and others like it.  But they are overburdened with commercials and less content, so i record them on the DVR and watch them at my leisure and FF thru the commercials.

I had not realized just how cutthroat the food business was!

• Admin Team

A spammer jumped in with a post that was later hidden.  I expect that the software still sees the new post even though it's hidden when it pulls new content.

I noticed the same thing yesterday when I saw this thread at the top of my feed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

@Chucktshoes @MacGyver 

Had a weird thing happen last night with this thread. It says it's from 2019 but it showed up on my "new content". I noticed it because I thought DaveTN might have returned. 

It seems it showed up for @Defender also. 

Same thing happened with another of Dave's threads. Glitch in the Matrix perhaps? 

image.thumb.png.58cad7618ff50befc58b3e6a2ce1e889.png

@MacGyver nailed it, and as far as that other thread, I suspect that a couple of spammers will reveal themselves shortly. 

Im Watching You GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

@Chucktshoes @MacGyver 

Had a weird thing happen last night with this thread. It says it's from 2019 but it showed up on my "new content". I noticed it because I thought DaveTN might have returned. 

It seems it showed up for @Defender also. 

Same thing happened with another of Dave's threads. Glitch in the Matrix perhaps? 

image.thumb.png.58cad7618ff50befc58b3e6a2ce1e889.png

https://www.ericgarland.co/wp-content/uploads/pix/2016/01/Things-I-learned-from-Guitar-Center.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4