So is anyone pre-panic buying yet?

12 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I am getting in early. Gonna buy all the black powder rifles I can. Sadly I see a future where that might be all we can use....

Ha ha ha...If we get to the point we can't use a bolt action rifle, we won't be able to use a black powder rifle either. :lol:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 5:19 PM, TGO David said:

SB Tactical is one.  There may be others?  I only know of them.  Everything I have with a brace is SB Tactical.

Is SB Tactical the marketing name of the SIG Brace? In other words, is one from SB Tactical the same as one from SIG?

11 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

Is SB Tactical the marketing name of the SIG Brace? In other words, is one from SB Tactical the same as one from SIG?

No, they are a different company selling an extremely similar product. The Sig Brace on my MPX was too short for my 6'4" frame so I called Sig to see if they had a way to extend it. They directed me to SB Tactical. The one I got from them extends like a collapsible stock but is a brace. It's several inches longer than the Sig Brace.

• Like 2

Panic buying won't start until prices escalate & shortages are seen at shops & internet suppliers.

There's no reason to be a victim of shortages & higher prices.

Guns, ammo, components are plentiful & cheap now, funny that many won't buy now & will wait until the availability goes down & prices go up.

JMHO.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Panic buying won't start until prices escalate & shortages are seen at shops & internet suppliers.

There's no reason to be a victim of shortages & higher prices.

Guns, ammo, components are plentiful & cheap now, funny that many won't buy now & will wait until the availability goes down & prices go up.

JMHO.

This was kind of the point of this thread.  Someone mentioned earlier that it’s already too late, but I’m not seeing it.  Stocking up on what I need now, especially ammo and mags.  Not buying stuff I don’t need like lowers, LPKs, etc, even though those will dry up also.

I vividly remember what goes away during panics and am preparing.  I also don’t want to ever feel guilty going shooting due to high cost of ammo.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Panic buying won't start until prices escalate & shortages are seen at shops & internet suppliers..

Prices escalate and inventory dries up as a result of panic buying.  In the past 10 years this has been the case and is 100% the result of Internet gun owner paranoia, IHMO.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, asu174 said:

I vividly remember what goes away during panics and am preparing.  I also don’t want to ever feel guilty going shooting due to high cost of ammo.  

One thing is for sure, there is no predicting where panics will take us.  Remember the Great .22 LR Famine a few years ago?  Totally unpredicted and complete hysteria based on ignorant nonsense. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Garufa said:

Prices escalate and inventory dries up as a result of panic buying.  In the past 10 years this has been the case and is 100% the result of Internet gun owner paranoia, IHMO.

14 hours ago, Garufa said:

One thing is for sure, there is no predicting where panics will take us.  Remember the Great .22 LR Famine a few years ago?  Totally unpredicted and complete hysteria based on ignorant nonsense. 

Yep, we are our own worst enemy, we create panic when there is no need. And in those times of panic retailers in our industry are no longer our friends; too many of them anyway, there are a few that try to hold the line.

Had all those ammo manufacturers spent a bunch on capitol improvements to output more quantity; they would be hurting, and equipment would be sitting idle right now.

I wish the used market would start moving again.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, No_0ne said:

Used market moving how? I don't normally buy anything other than C&R items, so I haven't kept up with the market like I used to.  Do you mean people aren't buying, prices are too high, what?

My personal observation and opinion is that we are currently in a buyers market except for niche or highly sought after firearms.

With sub-$500.00 AR's (some pretty decent) and many, many Police trade in Glocks and M&P's, and frequent "Specials" from online retailers the used gun market is very competitive, and therefore moving very slowly.

We can see from our own Classified section that folks are looking for certain firearms as witnessed by the recent "bumping up" of 1-3 year old threads inquiring about certain firearms. Of Course it would help those folks if sellers would simply Close their ads after they've sold the item... but what the heck... ;) But most firearms here, on Gunbroker and various boards are just moving low & slow.

It's a phenomenal time for folks to stock up or acquire what they need or want.  

It'll change, sooner or later, always does.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Jamie Jackson said:

My personal observation and opinion is that we are currently in a buyers market except for niche or highly sought after firearms.

With sub-$500.00 AR's (some pretty decent) and many, many Police trade in Glocks and M&P's, and frequent "Specials" from online retailers the used gun market is very competitive, and therefore moving very slowly.

We can see from our own Classified section that folks are looking for certain firearms as witnessed by the recent "bumping up" of 1-3 year old threads inquiring about certain firearms. Of Course it would help those folks if sellers would simply Close their ads after they've sold the item... but what the heck... ;) But most firearms here, on Gunbroker and various boards are just moving low & slow.

It's a phenomenal time for folks to stock up or acquire what they need or want.  

It'll change, sooner or later, always does.

Absolutely it’s a buyers market. But the used market is moving slow because sellers are still trying to hold the line. I don’t blame them; I would do the same. We have all sold guns at what we paid, or sometimes more. Those days are gone for the time being. Most of my purchases lately have been new. I get really good prices online, so I can’t justify some of the used prices I see. The online dealers I use are flush with guns and the prices change considerably day to day. I’ve ordered 50 round boxes of Federal HST for what they sell 20 round boxes for in the stores here.

I’ve been thinking about the M&P 2.0 Compact. But with low online prices and S&W offering a $40 rebate for veterans; the price for a new gun is lower than most used I have seen.

Now the stuff that is no longer available is still on a wild ride. S&W Pre-lock revolvers, and some of the no longer available semi-auto handguns are bringing good money, but if you notice you see some of those sitting a long time.

Some folks don’t even want to put a price on a gun, all they want to do is trade. I don’t think that not putting a number on it will help them get what they want; but if it works, good for them. But if they want to sell; I need to see a number in the ad.

I have gun money burning a hole in my pocket, and have some guns to trade,  haven’t bought anything in awhile and I’m having withdrawals. I gotta find a local FFL that will work with me on GunBroker and FFL’s in other states. I tried to get my own FFL; but that a no go in Murfreesboro.

But keep in mind….should a Democrat beat Trump, or they gain control of the Senate; we will be in one heck of a tailspin. The absolute crazy left makes Obama look like he was on our side.

• Like 4
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Dang man, all this talk about gun buying made me order a new one today. But I wasn’t panicky. :)

49 minutes ago, Jamie Jackson said:

Don't hold out brother!

What did you order? Inquiring minds and all that. 😁

My money is on an M&P 2.0 Compact in .40. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Jamie Jackson said:

Don't hold out brother!

What did you order? Inquiring minds and all that. 😁

12 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

My money is on an M&P 2.0 Compact in .40. 

11 hours ago, Garufa said:

That’s my guess as well and why not?  I’ve yet to see a 9mm deliver 180 grains of devastation.

Yep, M&P40 M2.0 Compact 4". I was price checking and ran across what I thought was a really good price, plus a rebate from S&W for Veterans. :woohoo:

• Like 3

I want to scope a revolver. So my next purchase might be a 6” 686. I need a newer one, not a pre-lock, because they are already factory drilled and tapped for a scope. Most of the used I see are priced like they are a Pre-lock. I might have to put a 6” 66 up for trade and see what happens.

Beto is crying and dropping F bombs on CNN right now about including a mandatory “buyback” with the AWB he would propose.  I don’t recall the government ever owning my guns to “buyback”.  

All this polarizing rhetoric will only drive more red to the polls.  I hope these candidates keep talking about guns until Election Day.  It has never served them well.  

They say they don’t want to take our guns and in the next sentence, they literally say they want confiscation of certain guns.  I don’t own any hunting rifles or shotguns, so yes, the government wants to take all of my guns.

• Like 3