So is anyone pre-panic buying yet?

2 minutes ago, AuEagle said:

Wandered over to SGAmmo site & looked at 9mm. Prices up a bit from a few weeks ago & many of the 1000 Rd cases were out of stock.

Didn't check any other calibers.

Noticed the same thing with .223/5.56.  Ammo is slightly on the rise.  Grabbing a few more cases now.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, asu174 said:

They say they don’t want to take our guns and in the next sentence, they literally say they want confiscation of certain guns.  I don’t own any hunting rifles or shotguns, so yes, the government wants to take all of my guns.

I don’t hunt….period.

The SCOTUS is going to have to hear these cases and decide.

Our argument is that the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting and is in case we need to protect ourselves from an out of control government.

I think that was one of the reasons. But the SCOTUS must not agree with that or we would be able to have machine guns; correct?

BTW….Beto is a clown and hopefully he won’t make the next cut.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:07 PM, DaveTN said:

I don’t hunt….period.

The SCOTUS is going to have to hear these cases and decide.

Our argument is that the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting and is in case we need to protect ourselves from an out of control government.

I think that was one of the reasons. But the SCOTUS must not agree with that or we would be able to have machine guns; correct?

BTW….Beto is a clown and hopefully he won’t make the next cut.

I hunt all the time, mostly car keys and tape measures.

Yeah. Beto is even too dumb for his target audience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 9/1/2019 at 12:07 PM, DaveTN said:

I don't recall that the SC has ever heard a machine gun case.

I get frustrated with the SC's method of choosing which cases they will hear. Any gun law strikes at the core of the The Bill of Rights yet they let numerous cases go unheard while hearing much lesser cases. Why? I think it's because it's a personal landmine for them. Not that they can lose their jobs but they can be attacked in many other ways.

2 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I don't recall that the SC has ever heard a machine gun case.

I get frustrated with the SC's method of choosing which cases they will hear. Any gun law strikes at the core of the The Bill of Rights yet they let numerous cases go unheard while hearing much lesser cases. Why? I think it's because it's a personal landmine for them. Not that they can lose their jobs but they can be attacked in many other ways.

Farmer vs. Higgins
The Supreme Court issued neither a formal ruling nor a written opinion in the case when they allowed the decision of the 11th to stand.

United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit Atlanta 1990

Circuit Judge HATCHETT:

In this case of first impression, we are asked to determine whether the Gun Control Act of 1968, as amended by the Firearms Owners' Protection Act of 1986, prohibits private persons from possessing machine guns. We hold that the Firearms Owners' Protection Act does prohibit the private possession of machine guns not lawfully possessed prior to May 19, 1986. We reverse the district court.

26 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

I’m prepared too, but where’s that line at “enough” ? Lol

Never enough ammo.   I still have Obama stash.  When I moved here, I regrettably had to sell a ton of 5.56 and 9MM that I’ve been trying to replenish.  

Kroger also just went “no open carry”.  Everyone will be hopping on this train while they think they have majority support and it’s popular.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/kroger-asks-customers-quit-openly-225634196.html

• Like 2
15 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Guns are the new cigarettes....

I just said this exact same thing on an Instagram post about this topic.  It’s true.  

Open carry is definitely the new cigarette.  Prepare to get unwanted attention open carrying in metro areas.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Like I've said before if you wanna prepare for the end...most of us(me especially) would find more benefit in a good cardio program then 1,000 extra bullets.

Amen Brother! I really need it! Waist and weight have gotten out of control the last 2 years.

• Like 1
On 9/3/2019 at 6:02 PM, Wingshooter said:

I’m prepared too, but where’s that line at “enough” ?

Take your age, divide by .005, times pie( 3.14159 ), add 1000, minus 1, times your age to the 10th power = enough.

If you think that is not enough change .005 to .00005 and you age to the 15th power.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, RED333 said:

Take your age, divide by .005, times pie( 3.14159 ), add 1000, minus 1, times your age to the 10th power = enough.

If you think that is not enough change .005 to .00005 and you age to the 15th power.

Woah, I actually did this and excluding BS blaster 22LR, that’s probably a reasonable amount for my age (35,840 at age 41).  Sadly, I’m not reasonable.  Not doing this exercise again for the second one.  

The “minus 1” was funny.