So is anyone pre-panic buying yet?

• Administrator
11 hours ago, asu174 said:

People are getting arrested for online posts that are NOT threats.  But they will have their day in court... only after going to jail, being marked as a terrorist, losing their jobs and reputation after cops get to blab to the media that they stopped a massacre, and give a judge enough to worry about to slap an insane bond on that person.  Life over.

Brandon Wagshol of CT posted an innocuous meme.  Tell me what “threat” he made.  Only after they busted down his door over a meme and confiscated everything, did they find he ordered some 30 round mags in a state he shouldn’t have them.  He’s still locked up.  Please provide me what specific threat he made. 

He’s being held on $250K bond for possession of four 30 round magazines.  Still haven’t seen the threat or anything close.  People with “Molon Labe” in their sigs have made worse threats than this kid. 

https://reclaimthenet.org/man-guns-confiscated-arrested-sharing-meme-red-flag-laws/

Spare me the BS that police are “just doing their jobs”.  Heard it a thousand times. They insert themselves into situations they were not called to.   

I really can't disagree with any of the above.

The boot licking on this forum is ridiculous and it’s tragic how many traitors walk among us pretending to be patriots.  Fudds, nothing more. 

I understand the frustration, I can relate to it, and I get why it was said.  It's a worthy gut-check.  I think it could have been worded a little differently so as not to completely have turned the audience against you, @asu174.

TGO in general has always been supportive of our local law enforcement because the local cops have proven to be pretty responsible folks.  But I really don't believe there's a whole lot of "Tread harder, Daddy!" going on here even though you do see that happening pretty rampantly on social media these days.

You made an excellent point about the clown in Ohio basically being a poster child for the crackdown on open carry in Wal-Mart stores.   We've had our own local 2A-sshole [link] pull those stunts in the past to the detriment of the 2A community, and TGO didn't cut him any slack and certainly didn't criticize the police for their responses to his antics then.

• Like 10
  • Moderators
On 9/10/2019 at 10:15 PM, Chucktshoes said:

While I’m not of the mind to ban anyone just yet, folks are dancing right on that that line. 

I’m locking this thread for 48 hours to allow you to dial it back 20 to 25% now Squirrelly Dan. 

So, who got the Letterkenny reference?

• Like 2
On 8/13/2019 at 6:54 PM, asu174 said:

There's a lot of "since it doesn't affect me, I don't care" going around.  Our worst enemies are among us- large cohorts of the gun community telling the NRA and politicians that things like Red Flag laws, part bans, and AWB are okay, because it doesn't affect them. 

I personally would never own a bump stock and had one pistol brace I really didn't care for.  I'm also not worried about red flag laws (until someone turns on me).  That doesn't mean I would ever be passive about laws that infringe the rights and freedom of others. 

I know several people who are into sporting clays, hunting, etc that have this exact mentality.  "I don't own an AR or AK so it won't effect me" thinking that if they sacrifice what other's like they would never come after their shotguns and bolt action guns.      

No one eats an elephant in one bite....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't own any AR15's or Ak47's but that is by choice and not because I'm afraid they will come and take them away from me and arrest me. I own 1 long gun and it is a Marlin 60 22cal with a scope in case I want to go squirrel hunting. The politicians keep calling the AR's assault weapons or Military style weapons but I know several people that hunt with them and are very successful deer hunters. Yea to a point they are the gun of choice in many of the mass shootings but so have pistols also been used in much the same manner. The mass shooting at W Virginia Tech, 33 people were killed and the shooter was using a Glock 19 and a Walther P22. Are those considered assault weapons now too? Of course not yet!! There have been several other mass shootings where a pistol/pistols were used.  The reason the politicians call these guns assault weapons is because if you were to actually sit down with several of them and have a debate you will find most of them could not tell you what gun is which or tell you who the manufacturer is, what the caliber is or anything else about them. It is mostly follow the leader and nothing more. It is a case of the Blind leading the blind and all falling in the same hole!!!

Also the politicians that don't want Americans to have guns are the same ones that when they leave their homes they have anywhere from 4 to 8 body guards protecting them with of all things, guns!!! Many of them also carry one themselves. 

Also I wonder how many of them can tell you what type of firearms Charles Whitman used back in 1966 when he began shooting people from the Tower at Texas A&M. He didn't have one of these so called assault weapons but still managed to kill 11 people and wounded numerous others before law enforcement shot and killed him. It was later said after an autopsy that he had mental issues due to a tumor in his head.

So how many people honestly believe that if they did get the so called assault weapons taken away they will stop the mass murders? If that is what they believe they are dreaming!!  

There is not a law that can be written that will stop Criminals from obtaining guns. There is not a law that can be written that can stop a mass murderer from carrying out their plans. If they can't get a gun they will get a truck, a car, a knife, a ball bat or some other type of weapon but they will continue to kill people. That is what they do...................JMHO  

• Like 5