Little League World Series!!

bersaguy

20 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I was hoping to get to watch the Games again this year but they are locked in on Cable and Satelite and I can't get either here so guess I won't get to see them this year.................☹️

Is there a social establishment you could set up shop in to watch the games? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TomInMN said:

Is there a social establishment you could set up shop in to watch the games? 

LOL.... not where I live. I don't have any places nearby at all. I looked into getting cable here and they said it would cost about $1,000.00+ for the install and cost $125.00 a month after the install. They will be offering Fiber-Optics here in January and it will be offered to everyone in the area but they have not got any pricing available yet. They ran the main lines past my house last week on the poles along the road. I'm betting it is going to be exspensive once they get it installed and ready to start putting it in homes. I know a few folks that have satelite and they are paying big bucks to have it. In this area because they know they don't have any competition in this area yet so they can pretty much get what they want for Dish and U-Verse if you want it bad enough.  

Edited by bersaguy

I'm actually going to a few of the games this year.  My father lives about 45-60 min or so from Williamsport, PA and I'm taking off next week to go visit, and we're going to cross it off the bucket list.  We're both pretty syked.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, btq96r said:

I'm actually going to a few of the games this year.  My father lives about 45-60 min or so from Williamsport, PA and I'm taking off next week to go visit, and we're going to cross it off the bucket list.  We're both pretty syked.

Just rub my nose in it.................🤣 I have watched them since they began putting them on TV till this year and I moved out into no mans land..........:wall:

On 8/18/2019 at 7:46 PM, bersaguy said:

I will keep watching it and maybe they will have a night game on or have some on tomorrow.

There should be games on ABC starting at 12:30. 

BTW, the stadium and games are as awesome as expected.  I'll post some pics and info when I get home to show.  Very awesome fan experience.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, btq96r said:

There should be games on ABC starting at 12:30. 

BTW, the stadium and games are as awesome as expected.  I'll post some pics and info when I get home to show.  Very awesome fan experience.

Thanks and I have been keeping my living room TV on ABC all day from morning till night and not seen a game yet but will keep trying......☹️ Glad you got to go and see it live and hope your Father is also enjoying seeing you and the games!

I think the problem may be the local station networking. The ABC channel I get is WKRN/Channel 2 and ABC has a whole lineup of stations and WKRN may just not be one that is showing the games. 

Edited by bersaguy
7 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Thanks and I have been keeping my living room TV on ABC all day from morning till night and not seen a game yet but will keep trying......☹️ Glad you got to go and see it live and hope your Father is also enjoying seeing you and the games!

Doug, I know you discussed a lot your options for TV, but I don’t remember what you ended up with. Are you just using an outdoor antenna or what?

What did you end up with for internet? Do you have data limits?

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Doug, I know you discussed a lot your options for TV, but I don’t remember what you ended up with. Are you just using an outdoor antenna or what?

What did you end up with for internet? Do you have data limits?

Hi Dave, I am still using indoor antennas but hope to have an out door one soon. As far as internet I have been using go phone from AT&T for several years and I have 10 GB to work with and I seldom ever use more that 2 regardless how much I am on the computer so I always have 8+ going to waste but then better to much than not enough.

Edited by bersaguy
correction to GB's amount
20 hours ago, peejman said:

Those kids are so talented it's hard to grasp. I can't imagine the sacrifices their families have made along the way.  

You can bet there is a lot of sacrifices in many families for these kids. I know my grandson Logan plays and has one more year before he is to old and my son Ronnie told me it cost him almost a $1000.00 for Logan to play per year between equipment and travel to away games. 

Those 3 games I got to see were fantastic. Those boys from River Ridge Louisiana definately came to play ball for sure. After losing their first came they went all the way and won the Championship. The team they beat for the Championship was from the Island of Cuaracao and that team was the only team in LLWS history to ever beat Japan and Korea in the same World Series. That was the first trip for the boys from River Ridge and Cuaracoa had won it 4 previous times over the years. I'm not much on grown up baseball but I love watching the sportsmanship and all the heart those kids put in the games when they play................JMHO

9 hours ago, bersaguy said:

You can bet there is a lot of sacrifices in many families for these kids. I know my grandson Logan plays and has one more year before he is to old and my son Ronnie told me it cost him almost a $1000.00 for Logan to play per year between equipment and travel to away games. 

Depending on the league, $1000 could be cheap.  I work with people who probably spend $1000/mo on travel ball for their kids, and they play 6-10 months per year. One guy spent $3500 taking his daughter to a tournament in California.  😮   I've no idea where the money comes from, there's no way I can afford that.  

Both my boys play in a local church league (I coach) and it's great. It's inexpensive, low key, and there's no psycho, hyper competitive parents to deal with. 

• Like 1

Folks, this event is as much a pleasure to watch live as you would expect (and then some) if you can ever make the trip.  The series runs for a few weeks, so plenty of days to get in and out, don't have to limit it to the championship weekend.

The LLWS has free entry (seating to capacity in the bleachers, open field on the slope overlooking the outfield), free parking with buses from the lots to the entrance, and the most reasonably priced concessions I've seen at a public sporting event in living memory.  They go out of their way it seems to make the event special and affordable if a family can cover transportation and lodging in the area. 

This pic is from the night of the 22nd.  I'm pretty sure the rain kept some folks away, so I was able to get a great 7th row seat above the visiting team dugout and watch the eventual champions from Louisiana (these kids can play, that's for sure) beat Virginia in a game that was a joy to watch.  For a baseball geek like myself, this was as great a treat as I could have hoped for.  To share the experience with my father was just all the better.

IMG_20190822_205624.thumb.jpg.7a1fe9a0ae72ed79765772ce82c73c5a.jpg

• Like 2
13 hours ago, peejman said:

Depending on the league, $1000 could be cheap.  I work with people who probably spend $1000/mo on travel ball for their kids, and they play 6-10 months per year. One guy spent $3500 taking his daughter to a tournament in California.  😮   I've no idea where the money comes from, there's no way I can afford that.  

Both my boys play in a local church league (I coach) and it's great. It's inexpensive, low key, and there's no psycho, hyper competitive parents to deal with. 

Yea I know PJ. The only reason my son can afford it is because the division Logan is in is one of the smaller ones. They play most of the games locally within 50 miles of the house or less. Sometimes Logan is able to ride with one of the other parents that is going and then the next time Ronnie will take that boy and Logan. They all kinda work together to make it work for the kids.

12 hours ago, btq96r said:

Folks, this event is as much a pleasure to watch live as you would expect (and then some) if you can ever make the trip.  The series runs for a few weeks, so plenty of days to get in and out, don't have to limit it to the championship weekend.

The LLWS has free entry (seating to capacity in the bleachers, open field on the slope overlooking the outfield), free parking with buses from the lots to the entrance, and the most reasonably priced concessions I've seen at a public sporting event in living memory.  They go out of their way it seems to make the event special and affordable if a family can cover transportation and lodging in the area. 

This pic is from the night of the 22nd.  I'm pretty sure the rain kept some folks away, so I was able to get a great 7th row seat above the visiting team dugout and watch the eventual champions from Louisiana (these kids can play, that's for sure) beat Virginia in a game that was a joy to watch.  For a baseball geek like myself, this was as great a treat as I could have hoped for.  To share the experience with my father was just all the better.

IMG_20190822_205624.thumb.jpg.7a1fe9a0ae72ed79765772ce82c73c5a.jpg

I'm glad you got to attend the LLWS and really glad you got to do it with your Father. That was a double whammy right there. They did finally put all the playoff games on TV so I was able to get to see the games on Saturday and Sunday. Those boys from River ridge didn't show those boys from Cuaracoa any mercy at all. That little pitcher from River Ridge pitched the entire game in 89 pitches which is 4 over the allowed limit of 85 but they checked with the coach from Cuaracoa and he waived off to allow the boy to finish the last batter. That is really great sportsmanship right there. 

Evidently they have moved the distance to the wall from home plate because there was not as many homeruns hit this year as there has been in the previous years.

6 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I'm glad you got to attend the LLWS and really glad you got to do it with your Father. That was a double whammy right there. They did finally put all the playoff games on TV so I was able to get to see the games on Saturday and Sunday. Those boys from River ridge didn't show those boys from Cuaracoa any mercy at all. That little pitcher from River Ridge pitched the entire game in 89 pitches which is 4 over the allowed limit of 85 but they checked with the coach from Cuaracoa and he waived off to allow the boy to finish the last batter. That is really great sportsmanship right there. 

Evidently they have moved the distance to the wall from home plate because there was not as many homeruns hit this year as there has been in the previous years.

Yeah, it was great to have time like that with my father.  Something I'll treasure for sure.

The Louisiana team played lights out, completely earned their victory.  They actually mercy ruled the Virginia team in five innings during the game I saw.  The team from Curaçao was great in their own right, just ran up against smoking hot Louisiana squad.

• Like 1