Archery Velvet Hunt

Who all is going to archery hunt next weekend during the 3 day velvet hunt?  Right now it looks like it will be a little cooler but rainy.  Of course the forecast will probably change seven times between now and then.

I will be up in a tree at least one of the days.

Remember it is private land only and antlered deer only.   Friday the 23rd through Sunday the 25th.

• Like 2

I may or may not go out one morning or evening if I have something worth it on camera. A lot of people are really excited at the chance at a velvet deer. I myself don’t get too tore up over it. Don’t get me wrong I think the mounts look nice but I’d rather have a huge buck in hard horn than velvet. I am hoping that the temp stays low for others that hunt wether I do or not. I hope you get a big one KahrMan!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, ShaunM said:

My dads coming in from Michigan to hunt. I hope he gets one of my big boys. I have 4 really nice bucks. Heres my split G2 buck. It would be awesome if he gets him.

20190810_202623.jpg

That is a nice one.  He would look good next to the one in velvet you got last year.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, ShaunM said:

Im hoping my dad kills him. 

Me too Shaun, he’d be tickled I’m sure. 

Looking like mid to high 60’s for lows with scattered storms still in the forecast for the weekend. Could be a really good chance for movement before and after storms move through. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

Nothing moving around me this morning except for two squirrels playing tag. 

I figured the temp and clouds would have had them active this morning. I’m heading out to check my cards later today and see if I would have had any shooters in front of my stand 😁

My bucks have been been constantly coming to 1 area. Last 4 days they seem to have disappeared or moving way before daylight. Tomorrow morning is the last day for my dad to get one before heading back to Michigan. Wish him luck!

Edited by ShaunM
  • Like 2

Well my dad got it done this morning. His crossbow messed up so he has been taking mine. No hunting for me but im okay with it. He had an opportunity at a big buck but he forgot to set the stock to fit him. Once he got it right the deer spooked. But this 8 pointer stayed around and he wasn't going to pass him up. Its my dads biggest buck and first ever velvet. Unfortunately within an hour of waiting to go look the coyotes ate him up pretty dang good. Either way it will make for a nice mount and story.

20190825_100047.jpg

• Like 3