S&W gurus.......I could use some help.

Handsome Rob

On 8/17/2019 at 9:47 PM, A.J. Holst said:

Ask Jamie Jackson, he's a fan.

Rob, Awesome little revolver my friend!聽馃憤

I'm a shooter and have minimal collector knowledge. A.J.'s correct in that聽I am a big fan to T-grip adapters. I've been running a set of Tyler's coupled with a set of Barami Hip Grips on my 640 Smith for a long time now (stuck in my beltline as I type this and drink my morning brew.) I find聽they fill in the gap under the trigger guard and help position my hand best for a rolling DA break. Love 'em.

I've carried this little 640 pretty much daily since '92. The trigger is smooth as silk from simple manual work...trigger pulling!

Heck ...Tyler T Grips go for a premium on GB because the order and response time from Tyler in OK is measured in weeks to months generally. They are "old school", but Old School Cool to me. ;)

I've recently purchased a couple of sets of T-Grip adapters from BK. Very nice and they work great. I run them on the S&W 15-5 snubbie I purchased from a friend here. It's a '72 vintage (iirc) that I replaced the springs in. Love that sucker!

Here's a couple of pics on those.

You've got a great revolver there and it would be a dream to work up some handloads for. Congratulations brother!

S&W Mod 10 BK adapter.jpg

Werner Setup snubby.JPG

Edited by Jamie Jackson
Typo
  • Thanks 1

I have several T-grips and do like them. But the company is just barely hanging on.聽 It seems there was a lot of in-fighting when founder Melvin Tyler passed away some years ago. I'm not sure if its been totally resolved yet.

They will take your order. But, you can only order by snail mail. No internet orders. If you try to check on your order nobody will answer. The best you can hope for is that a package will arrive somewhere around 6-8 months later.聽

Like I said, I have some and do like them for certain applications.聽 However, I believe the invention of the boot grip has made the T-grip obsolete.

I had on a 2nd Generation Colt Agent.聽 Really helped with the controlabilty, without compromising concealability.聽 That being said, I think I like the grips S&W are putting on their J-Frames better.聽 They are very grippy on my 442!