Jump to content
Morgan88

Dominos ? Peter King backs assualt weapons ban

Recommended Posts

Peter King rep. from New York says the time has come and will back an assault weapons ban. Will other Republicans fall in line or fall like dominos?  Could the Red Flag law sweep across the nation to states that don't already have it?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rep-pete-king-is-the-first-republican-to-sign-on-to-the-assault-weapons-ban/ar-AAG1wqH?ocid=spartanntp

 

Morgan88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morgan88 said:

Peter King rep. from New York

Nuff said!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rich Lowry - the editor of National Review - the oldest conservative publication out there was calling for it the other day.

You can listen here - it's the first part of the conversation - maybe the first 15 minutes.  Don't listen if you've eaten recently.

https://www.kcrw.com/news/shows/left-right-center/trump-says-hes-ready-for-gun-measures

Politicians want to be seen as doing something - anything really - when people are looking.  It's fascinating that the GOP has become so completely co-opted by Trump in such a short period of time that they're all just falling in line instead of saying, "wait, what?"

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Rich Lowry - the editor of National Review - the oldest conservative publication out there was calling for it the other day.

You can listen here - it's the first part of the conversation - maybe the first 15 minutes.  Don't listen if you've eaten recently.

https://www.kcrw.com/news/shows/left-right-center/trump-says-hes-ready-for-gun-measures

Politicians want to be seen as doing something - anything really - when people are looking.  It's fascinating that the GOP has become so completely co-opted by Trump in such a short period of time that they're all just falling in line instead of saying, "wait, what?"

 

 

Not really: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-goes-dark-on-gun-control-after-pledging-background-checks-like-weve-never-had-before 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Peter King is always for gun control

This^^ Plus I’ve seen him on FOX a few times and he appears to be a nut case. They try to talk to him when something’s going on, but he’s usually clueless and just taking up time until they have someone else they can move to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

King masquerades as some kind of conservative. NYC's population of 13 million who of over 80 percent are registered Dems have flipped so many up state counties that NY conservatism is toast.  Kirsten Gillibrand started out as one of those "conservatives" until she figured out where the NY main stream votes were coming from and Bang! just like that, a Liberal is born!  City mentality is quite different from country folks in general. The high ways leading out of the city is so trashed, its a blessing when the first snow covers all the window tossed trash. That's what happens when one is born into place that employs night crews that ride garbage street sweepers. Brain washed with Gov dependencies. Votes that can not be unbought until the libs Real, Realy, screw up big time. But don't ever think its a trend, as soon as a Juliani get things fixed, they go back into Dem mode. Dumber than a box of rocks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, if you talk to New Yorkers from Upstate, they hate NYC and their dominance of politics as much as we do! They are just like Illinois.  Downstate there is completely different from Chicago and it's suburbs.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Moped said:

Honestly, if you talk to New Yorkers from Upstate, they hate NYC and their dominance of politics as much as we do! They are just like Illinois.  Downstate there is completely different from Chicago and it's suburbs.

Unfortunately in Illinois Chicago has won. The Democrats have taken the state back. That’s my home (Down State) and I was looking forward to retiring there when my wife retires. But as crazy as it’s getting and her not knowing if she can deal with the winters; now I don’t know.

The same thing is happening here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Unfortunately in Illinois Chicago has won. The Democrats have taken the state back. That’s my home (Down State) and I was looking forward to retiring there when my wife retires. But as crazy as it’s getting and her not knowing if she can deal with the winters; now I don’t know.

The same thing is happening here. 

The boro has become a suburb of leftist Nashville and their local politico's. Hamilton county is solidly conservative and we plan on keeping it that way.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me just offer this word of caution...If you haven't checked your reloading supplies lately now is a really good time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got to talk to the friend I grew up with that still lives in Illinois yesterday for about an hour and he told me things about Illinois that raised the hair on the back of my neck. He said they passed a law up there a few years back that pertained to hunting. He said that if a hunter gets caught hunting over any kind of bait the fine is $10,000.00 dollars and loss of hunting privileges for life. He as his 2 sons were preparing their fields for the up coming Dove season and because they didn't get the wheat cut soon enough to make it not bait they won't be able to hunt the fields they worked on all summer. In order to have been able to hunt them they would have had to cut them in Mid July. They cut them the 2nd week of August. He said he talked with a Game Warden about it and he said that if it were him he would not take the chance to hunt the fields. My buddy said they had tons of birds coming to the fields too. He said now they are going to ahve to drive down to Southern Illinois to a family farm that has sunflower fields to hunt and the sun flower fields were harvested and cut on July 1st and still have a lot of birds. He said they used a machine called a duster that chops the seed into almost a powder that packs in chunks all over the field. The Game Warden down there has checked those fields and was also there when they cut the fields and has already passed the fields legal for hunting Doves on September 1st. That is crazy if you ask me! Sure glad I have not lived up there since 1967. He said I would not recognise our small hometown any longer as it is part of Chicago now even though it is only 2 miles from the Will County line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ A lot of Liberal laws are sweeping the land in those Blue states. I read about a law in Colorado that its illegal to use or alter the rain fall coming off your roof. If you get caught using your rainfall for some other purpose other than letting it "run off" your subject to fines. Their scared the Colorado river is going to run dry if you use your rain. Sucks to be down stream, now doesn't it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, xtriggerman said:

^^^ A lot of Liberal laws are sweeping the land in those Blue states. I read about a law in Colorado that its illegal to use or alter the rain fall coming off your roof. If you get caught using your rainfall for some other purpose other than letting it "run off" your subject to fines. Their scared the Colorado river is going to run dry if you use your rain. Sucks to be down stream, now doesn't it!

Part of my job when I lived in Colorado was dealing with water rights.  For those of us that live in areas where there is a surplus of precipitation, surface water and ground water; it seems preposterous. But in arid areas it is well established law with its own separate court system.  It's kind of like mineral rights - you can own the property, but not the mineral rights to the property.   Nearly all residential property owners in Colorado do not own any rights to the water that falls on or flows through their property.  The standard joke is that in Colorado water doesn't flow downhill, it flows towards money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Raoul said:

Let me just offer this word of caution...If you haven't checked your reloading supplies lately now is a really good time.

Care to let the masses in on your hunch?

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

Care to let the masses in on your hunch?

Bill

Just chalk it up to my well established paranoia and the fact that no one in national politics is honest or honorable.

As the old saying goes "Trust in God and keep your powder dry".

But first ya gotta have the powder....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raoul said:

Just chalk it up to my well established paranoia and the fact that no one in national politics is honest or honorable.

As the old saying goes "Trust in God and keep your powder dry".

But first ya gotta have the powder....

Got LOTS of powder. Got some of everything. Probably need to inventory and fill in a few holes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raoul said:

Mine was lost in the boating accident.

 

You too??? That boating sure is dangerous!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raoul said:

Mine was lost in the boating accident.

 

 

11 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

You too??? That boating sure is dangerous!

Oh my gosh, Wait until the kids are gone and reach in and get them.

4tKBOTk.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Raoul said:

Mine was lost in the boating accident.

 

Was it a tragic boating accident, or just a regular boating accident?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I might need to shrink my list of pizza dealers.  I'm glad I misjudged the topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines