Leupold vs Bausch & Lomb vs Simmons

Trying to pinpoint the scope I want to put on top of the blued tube. Have found a Bausch and Lomb 2.5-10x40 in Gloss. I have a 4-12x40 Simmons 8Point and am Tossing around the idea of just putting a Leupold Rifleman 4-12x40 on it, but not sure they come in gloss? Anybody got insight or recommendations? The rifle already has a one piece Leupold mount . Winchester M70 30-06 that will be used for deer under 200 yards but will be going to Colorado for elk a few times ....

I can't recommend a Simmons for anything but a beginners 22RF so when it gets dropped or kicked, no loss.  I would go with the Leupold, I've got a couple of those, good clear scope for the $$.  Being out in CO and your scope goes wonky would be bad.  Never had a B&L but have read positive comments on that brand.

Another one to throw in for consideration would be a Vortex Diamondback, clear glass as well, same price range IIRC as the Leupold, but you should look through all of 'em, and go from there.  I have a Diamondback, glass is clear but I don't care for the huge rear eyepiece (IMO).

• Like 2
  • Moderators

I get the feeling my go to brand is out of the running here (NF) so I’ll say that @jpx2rk is on point with his rec. go check out the Vortex options. They have excellent offerings in the quality / price = value equation. Otherwise, of the 3 options you listed, Leupold would be the pick. Still, go look at the Vortex. 

48 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I get the feeling my go to brand is out of the running here (NF) so I’ll say that @jpx2rk is on point with his rec. go check out the Vortex options. They have excellent offerings in the quality / price = value equation. Otherwise, of the 3 options you listed, Leupold would be the pick. Still, go look at the Vortex. 

What’s the NF?