What do you all think about a designated "2nd A. Day" ?

The 2nd amendment was ratified on the 15th of December 1791. I want to see if any of you folks would like to suggest your reps compile a formal bill to be put forward designating every Dec 15th a day to honor that Right. On that day EVERY ONE with a Hand gun permit should open carry their favorite full size/compact or what ever for that day while out and about. This show of a united pro gun front is something that we maybe should have so at least that one day the population of Tennessee can have that visual impact that we are in fact a united front against the gun grabbers and a stark reminder to the retard shooters that being an active shooter in TN is not a wise choice of self preservation.  So what do you guys think? Is the time right for something like this? 

2 hours ago, xtriggerman said:

The 2nd amendment was ratified on the 15th of December 1791. I want to see if any of you folks would like to suggest your reps compile a formal bill to be put forward designating every Dec 15th a day to honor that Right. On that day EVERY ONE with a Hand gun permit should open carry their favorite full size/compact or what ever for that day while out and about. This show of a united pro gun front is something that we maybe should have so at least that one day the population of Tennessee can have that visual impact that we are in fact a united front against the gun grabbers and a stark reminder to the retard shooters that being an active shooter in TN is not a wise choice of self preservation.  So what do you guys think? Is the time right for something like this? 

I'd prefer it if they did the tax free day for gun purchases that day, specially since it's close to Christmas. 

Didn't they do that once? 

• Like 2

Well, maybe a story is in order. One of the few times I open carried was back in about 83. I was on my way to the range to plink with a Ruger MKI and had it on my hip when I stopped at a convenience store to grab some refreshment. As I walked up to the counter to pay for it, the woman ahead of me saw the pistol and got visibly nervous and about ran out of the place with her young daughter by the hand.  This was up State NY and the permits were issued with the idea of preferred concealed carry but not mandatory. As I walked out of the store, the woman was leaving the parking lot and I saw her New Jersey license plate. Well that figures. I'll never forget the fear that bubbled up in that woman as she saw that 22 pistol I had on that day. I'm not an advocate of open carry by any stretch of the imagination but it sure does send a message loud and clear to the grabbers that are in fact moving here. The impact of an occasional open carry dude here or there on random days is their business. There are subtle ways of sending a message to the grabbers other than a vote. I think this might be one weather you chose to participate in that or not, Libs are in fact moving here and you all better come to grips with that fact that theres not a dam thing you can do about it individually. A 2nd A Day on the books will in fact have an impact on those city migrants looking for cheaper living after they run from their own failed policies. 64 million folks...... yup and they want to move here and make it safe like Chicago. The grand dads of some of the natives here were bold in keeping an active role in who moved next door. That's a fact. Trump got in as a fluke. Down the road, the best we can do is stand on states rights against the Fed blanket restrictions. I hope my time here is finished before you all lose your gun rights as I did as an X up state new Yorker.  Sad you don't see it coming for your kids/grandkids.  It is what it is.

• Like 1
On 8/23/2019 at 9:47 PM, xtriggerman said:

You go right ahead. I'll keep mine hidden thank you.

Bill

The media has done a very good job of demonizing the gun industry, and any one that believes in the 2nd. The next time the democrats get control of congress they will bombard us with gun control legislation, and if a democrat president it will be signed into law. Your gun rights will be heavily restricted or lost in the next 20-25 years. That is one reason they have DTS, the America I grew up in guns were as common as Coca-Cola.

Having a 2nd amendment day is cool. But I doubt it could be voted in. I don’t open carry, and I don’t think any kind of group demonstration is a good idea either. Can you imagine some of the nut cases on our side the news crews could find to speak on camera?

Unless the Supreme Court of the United States and the United States Constitution is done away with; I have no concern about the Feds taking my guns. That’s the reason for celebration, right? Now the state is another story. Tennessee could decide to outlaw my AR’s; but I doubt that will happen either.