Last night on LIVE PD…

DaveTN

Or maybe it was Friday night anyway….

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

They were dispatched to an auto burglary in progress. They arrived, saw the perp and took him into custody. Real matter of fact the cop said “I recognized him when I saw him. A couple of months ago he was fleeing a burglary and pointed a replica gun at us; we shot him”.

A few minutes later they were searching the car and trying to locate an owner. What did they find? Why another fake gun of course.

That same cop said “And if he had pulled this; I would have shot him again”.

There is a saying… Being stupid should hurt”. In this case it did; but apparently didn’t work.

EqcmKa2.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, beebee233 said:

This won't play well but, I think that people that watch reality tv shows are the same people that forget they have children in the back seat of the car.

1st, Live PD is not a " reality tv show" as it is "live tv".

2nd, Putting me in with that bunch is not a good thing.

Now apologize! Please

I liked the one last week where an OK state trooper had someone pulled over and some passerby began interfering with the stop. The trooper let the original stop go on and went to talk to the heckler. He called the trooper a "highway cop" and said he didn't have jurisdiction on a side road. I just laughed over that one. He set him straight real quick and sent him on his way. State troopers and police have jurisdiction over the entire state not just highways. They can pull you over on a dirt road just as quick as a highway.  It's amazing of the lack of common sense in some people...

1 minute ago, lock n' load said:

I liked the one last week where an OK state trooper had someone pulled over and some passerby began interfering with the stop. The trooper let the original stop go on and went to talk to the heckler. He called the trooper a "highway cop" and said he didn't have jurisdiction on a side road. I just laughed over that one. He set him straight real quick and sent him on his way. State troopers and police have jurisdiction over the entire state not just highways. They can pull you over on a dirt road just as quick as a highway.  It's amazing of the lack of common sense in some people...

I knew this about State Troopers but, police in general have this authority? I never knew that.

2 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

police in general have this authority

A phone call and the out of county or over city limits LEO is "giving assistance" to the LEO that has the authority for the area.

27 minutes ago, beebee233 said:

Do you really think that a cop in front of a network camera crew filming his activity is real???

Not buyin'...

Not apologizin'...

Live PD is live minus a time delay in case of something going bad on a call. There was a situation in its first season where officers responded to a shooting and the victim's family was watching the show and recognized the house the shooting took place at. This was even before the victim was identified or the family notified. The show recieved some negative feedback because of it. I deleted the original link because the website requested no hot linking. Didn't want to break the rules.. But you can find the story on it by Googling it. It happened in SC...

Edited by lock n' load
Deleted hot link
21 minutes ago, lock n' load said:

Live PD is live minus a time delay in case of something going bad on a call. There was a situation in its first season where officers responded to a shooting and the victim's family was watching the show and recognized the house the shooting took place at. This was even before the victim was identified or the family notified. The show recieved some negative feedback because of it. I deleted the original link because the website requested no hot linking. Didn't want to break the rules.. But you can find the story on it by Googling it. It happened in SC...

"Live" doesn't necessarily mean "real"...

54 minutes ago, beebee233 said:

Do you really think that a cop in front of a network camera crew filming his activity is real???

Not buyin'...

Not apologizin'...

I did ask nice and all.

• Moderators

Alright folks, play nice. 

If something isn’t your thing, then it’s not your thing. There is no need to personally insult the folks who are into that thing. 

If you think I might be referring to you, the answer is probably yes. 

One more thing I have to say about Live PD, several cities have discontinued their involvement with the show because they feel it creates a negative light on the city and may hurt tourism. Williamson County, TX just announced they are severing ties with the show. My thinking is that there is no perfect place free of crime. The show gives viewers in their respective cities a glimpse of what their officers and deputies endure daily. This isn't meant to tarnish a city's image but to point to the stark reality that crime happens everywhere. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, lock n' load said:

One more thing I have to say about Live PD, several cities have discontinued their involvement with the show because they feel it creates a negative light on the city and may hurt tourism. Williamson County, TX just announced they are severing ties with the show. My thinking is that there is no perfect place free of crime. The show gives viewers in their respective cities a glimpse of what their officers and deputies endure daily. This isn't meant to tarnish a city's image but to point to the stark reality that crime happens everywhere. 

Memphis severed their ties with the First 48 for the same reason. It was kinda odd to me since for all the crime folks like to talk about Memphis having, their closure rate on homicides is very good. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
42 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Alright folks, play nice. 

If something isn’t your thing, then it’s not your thing. There is no need to personally insult the folks who are into that thing. 

If you think I might be referring to you, the answer is probably yes. 

As Chucktshoes stated play nice folks.  Personal warning sent to appropriate party.

Edited by TripleGGG
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, lock n' load said:

Actually, no...they can only enforce state/federal laws.