He went shooting with his mom....

On 8/30/2019 at 11:46 AM, DaveTN said:

Obviously the school board members were smoking dope and the cops weren’t.

Illinois just legalized weed. They won’t recognize our carry permits because they don’t think we check mental health close enough before issuing HCP’s. But they don’t think allowing stoners to run around high is dangerous. You can’t make this stuff up. :)

Illinois doesn't recognize any other state's permits.

https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/illinois-gun-laws/

5 hours ago, jpx2rk said:

The legal aspect is it's only legal in that state (state level law) , the Feds still look at it as illegal at the federal level.  The states are looking/wanting the tax revenue dollars, and maybe, just maybe they reduce one or more of the stats they keep so they can justify making it legal.  I wonder what the IRS does with those tax returns when the occupation line states "marijuana producer".   Why don't the Feds go bust 'em right then and there.  Bet the Feds don't return the FIT checks sent along with those federal tax returns either.  LOL

Because the Feds are in on the tax money grab too.  It's called being a hypocrite.

5 minutes ago, Moped said:

Illinois doesn't recognize any other state's permits.

https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/illinois-gun-laws/

Not for carry, but they do for carry in a vehicle.

They do allow 4 other states to apply for out of state permits. (for $300 the last time I looked) But Tennessee is not one of them because of something to do with us letting the mentally ill have HCP's.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, DaveTN said:

Not for carry, but they do for carry in a vehicle.

They do allow 4 other states to apply for out of state permits. (for $300 the last time I looked) But Tennessee is not one of them because of something to do with us letting the mentally ill have HCP's.

Which is obnoxious. I’m in IL quite a bit and it’s a state that I would totally get an OOS permit for if I had the opportunity. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Which is obnoxious. I’m in IL quite a bit and it’s a state that I would totally get an OOS permit for if I had the opportunity. 

So am I; and so would I. I do more shooting there than here. When they did that, I suggested we don’t recognize Illinois permits; people up there would get the law changed.

I was told here…that was a terrible idea and I was a terrible person, or a liberal, or something like that for suggesting it.

Now since we are such lovely human beings; they have no need to mess with changing their law.

19 hours ago, jpx2rk said:

The legal aspect is it's only legal in that state (state level law) , the Feds still look at it as illegal at the federal level.  The states are looking/wanting the tax revenue dollars, and maybe, just maybe they reduce one or more of the stats they keep so they can justify making it legal.  I wonder what the IRS does with those tax returns when the occupation line states "marijuana producer".   Why don't the Feds go bust 'em right then and there.  Bet the Feds don't return the FIT checks sent along with those federal tax returns either.  LOL

It’s essentially created a money laundering system and why the cost of housing has spiked around Denver. The drug dealers take their Colorado-legal drug cash revenue and buy houses. Then they sell those houses for as much as they can. That’s the profit that gets reported to the IRS.

• 2 weeks later...

Wingshooter, wipe the glue off of your fingers!! LOL

I am like Dave, if the right people were heading up the war on drugs it would be different. I am almost 67 and there has been a so called war on drugs for 55-60 years, not much success. If judicial system would listen to me with in 90 days you would have to grow or make it yourself because nobody would dare be caught with any amount of any controlled substance. Some may remember the kid that spray painted the car in Singapore in the 80's and they caned him, it was a big news deal because he was from the U.S. I would wager that he has never even thought about spraying another car. My suggestion would put people to work, have a professional caner(s) at each county courthouse and carry out the sentencing quickly within 48 hours of arrest. Nickle and dime drug dealer with x amount of meth,have a 1st time 5 licks, 2 time 10 licks, 3rd time hang him from a limb. Case closed he won't sell any more dope. Make the punishment fit the crime, think it won't work? I say let's implement it and see if it doesn't work. Oh Johnny boy that got 5 licks of the cane, you could pull an 18 wheeler full of dope in his front yard and the first thing he would be doing is calling 911 and explaining that it ain't his dope, but he knows whose it is. I really don't think most Americans realize how serious this drug problem is, plus since a lot of it comes across our southern border, if there isn't any market for the crap you got, you ain't going to go the trouble of bringing that crap here. Rant over for the time being.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1
On 9/2/2019 at 3:35 AM, Wingshooter said:

It’s essentially created a money laundering system and why the cost of housing has spiked around Denver. The drug dealers take their Colorado-legal drug cash revenue and buy houses. Then they sell those houses for as much as they can. That’s the profit that gets reported to the IRS.

Housing prices in Denver have been on the rise since the late 90's.  My B-I-L lives there and has made a fortune flipping houses, in that time period.  It's because there was a mass migration of people moving there from all over the US, but mostly from Cali.  No one seems to be actually from Denver anymore.  They brought the idea of legalization of mary jane with them.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:46 AM, DaveTN said:

Obviously the school board members were smoking dope and the cops weren’t.

Illinois just legalized weed. They won’t recognize our carry permits because they don’t think we check mental health close enough before issuing HCP’s. But they don’t think allowing stoners to run around high is dangerous. You can’t make this stuff up. :)

Thats another one of those cases of  YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!