Multiple Shootings Texas

AuEagle

28 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

What gun did he use???? How did he get it??? Where did the ammo come from???? :panic:

Man it gets old…..

Agreed.  Merely reporting what I read.

We've become desensitized here at TGO, with these occurrences.  A year or two ago, we'd have been pages deep into this, but not anymore.

9 minutes ago, Moped said:

Agreed.  Merely reporting what I read.

We've become desensitized here at TGO, with these occurrences.  A year or two ago, we'd have been pages deep into this, but not anymore.

I didn’t mean you.

I was listening to the reporting on the news and one of the clowns was carrying on about how he got a gun and where did the ammo come from? I just want to hear… Well Bob; I know its just a wild azz guess, but maybe he just went down to the store and bought it....you moron.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

What gun did he use???? How did he get it??? Where did the ammo come from???? :panic:

Man it gets old…..

This crap almost seems orchestrated to me.

Murder is already against the law. Making my guns illegal will save no one, as my guns have so far obeyed current law.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

This crap almost seems orchestrated to me.

Murder is already against the law. Making my guns illegal will save no one, as my guns have so far obeyed current law.

My wife has been saying the same thing for a while now.

• Like 3

From what I heard about that shooting yesterday it began with a routine traffic stop and he shot that Officer and took off on the shooting spree from that point. If that is true he was probably on his way to where ever he planned to begin the shooting spree but knew his plan would be foiled if the officer stopped him and held him so he just opened fire there and didn't stop till they killed him.

Edited by bersaguy
5 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I follow a gunsmith in Odessa. They locked down the gun store and range with customers inside. Probably a pretty good place to hang out until it is cleared up. 

If there’ll are locked up how can there be a “good guy with a gun” to stop the melee?

12 minutes ago, felinesNfreedom said:

What!?! Na, no way.

Disregard new Comey info, Pedo ring, Hong kong, focus on shootings. All they have to do is get people to focus on what they want.

I'm not saying anyone in D.C. is capable of something so elaborate, but how difficult would it be to find a nut on the internet and push him into shooting up a place?

On a brighter note...

Ya know, we always look for the heroes that put their lives on the line in these situations; the cops and sometimes civilians that face these killers down. . But those cops train for that all the time and are expected to handle it.

We tend to forget some of the other hero’s; the medical professionals. From the First Responders to the ER Nurses to the Surgeons and everyone else. Once the shooting stops or the shooter moves on, and sometimes before, the lives of the victims depend on the abilities of these folks.

I was impressed with the fact that the hospitals involved had also practiced and had procedures in place for that situation. They locked the facilities down, called people in, moved less critical patients, and made all the other arrangements for the incoming wounded.

Also the emotional toll it takes. I have had nurses in the ER hug me and cry because they had to try to save the life (and did) of the animal that had just shot two of my friends. What I saw was as hard on them as it was on me. No matter how hard they tried; people died in this shooting, that is tough on them also. atWkzUf.gif

Thank God for these professionals. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I'm not saying anyone in D.C. is capable of something so elaborate, but how difficult would it be to find a nut on the internet and push him into shooting up a place?

it's just getting predictable. I hate to sound like Alex Jones but it sure does look like something is going on. The media pushes what fits their agenda, they don't report the news anymore. Multiple shootings involving young black males in Texas and Alabama killing 7 at one event and not sure of the other, not a word at all. First thing reported on this guy in Texas is White Male shooter........

• Like 3
2 hours ago, felinesNfreedom said:

it's just getting predictable..... The media pushes what fits their agenda, they don't report the news anymore. ......First thing reported on this guy in Texas is White Male shooter........

Sad isn't it. Worse thing is its effective on a large audience. And the media keeps incenting these nuts while promoting their agenda. Win win for them.

I did see on glimmer of hope: " Odessa Police Chief Michael Gerke refused to say the name of the shooter during a televised news conference, saying he wouldn't give him notoriety"

But then: "but police later posted his name on Facebook"

Its such an easy concept to not report it. Seems if we ever got that smart, the gun grabbers will claim the right is trying to hide things while managing to bury the much higher incidents of gun violence for non target demographic. Seems a bit racist ironically.

Here is one last thing, that is a bit curious to see if it goes anywhere:

Abbott said. "Too many Texans are in mourning. Too many Texans have lost their lives. The status quo in Texas is unacceptable, and action is needed."

10 minutes ago, Erich said:

Here is one last thing, that is a bit curious to see if it goes anywhere:

Abbott said. "Too many Texans are in mourning. Too many Texans have lost their lives. The status quo in Texas is unacceptable, and action is needed."

I think if he wants to change the laws, he will have to call a special session of the State Legislature. Seems like I read or heard, their next session is not til 2020 or 2021. It’s a long time away.

I don't believe any of these are staged. We have over 320 million people in the US. It's not that hard to believe that we have this many evil assholes. 

If these keep happening at this rate I do fear more people will believe gun control is the solution. 

• Like 2

I made a comment at the last carbine class I attended,

"It sucks to think I have to pack a long gun in my vehicle."

While evade / escape is high on my list of priorities, at least I may be in a position of a good guy with a bad gun to stop an active shooter.

May be as the foreground and background will probably include a herd of panicked sheep.

• Like 1