01 Silverado won't run after disconnecting the battery

gregintenn

23 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Interesting. Still odd that this would keep it from starting. While it's not the same as the module, I actually removed both ABS fuses from my truck. 

It runs great without the module. Plug it in and all sorts of weird stuff happens.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, swiley383 said:

I also had the problem of the code reader not committing. The cigarette lighter fuse was bad. I got the information on that off of racing junk forum years ago.  I would see if the lighter works.

Like I said, it works when the module is unplugged.

Of course it doesn't read the ABS system while it is unplugged, however.

Edited by gregintenn
22 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Like I said, it works when the module is unplugged.

Of course it doesn't read the ABS system while it is unplugged, however.

Does the ABS module just plug in or does it have screws holding it in? If so, are they all in? (I’m thinking it isn’t getting proper ground)

spacer.pngcheck ground at 110 should be 12gauge wire left frame rail under driver door. Also may need to program unit. Seems like I recall having to program vin and wheel size in order for all ecu’s to communicate. Been awhile since I worked on small gm units so memory is foggy. 

Like Bersaguy said aint technology great. Don't get me wrong later model vehicles are nice but, if your not trained like me, your asking for headaches. Me and my brother in law put a stereo in my 2001 s10 work truck today. The old stereo which is a factory Delco am/fm CD, had a few problems. We put in the new one and couldn't get any sound through the speakers. We had power everywhere else. Radio, Bluetooth, CD, everything. But, no sound.

1 hour ago, Quavodus said:

Like Bersaguy said aint technology great. Don't get me wrong later model vehicles are nice but, if your not trained like me, your asking for headaches. Me and my brother in law put a stereo in my 2001 s10 work truck today. The old stereo which is a factory Delco am/fm CD, had a few problems. We put in the new one and couldn't get any sound through the speakers. We had power everywhere else. Radio, Bluetooth, CD, everything. But, no sound.

If Chevrolet didn't use 10 different parts for the same thing on the same make and model, it'd be a lot simpler. I've done some learning while fooling with this. I guess that's something. The ebay seller I got this from has been awesome in helping so far.

• Like 1

The new module worked like a charm. If the screw heads hadn’t been rusty and I’d have started with the right part, it would have been a simple and fast repair.

Now the brake light in the dash is still on. It shows no codes. I unplugged the fluid sensor in the reservoir and the light went off. I’ll get a new sensor and see if that cures it.  If not, I guess it’ll stay unplugged.

17 hours ago, gregintenn said:

The new module worked like a charm. If the screw heads hadn’t been rusty and I’d have started with the right part, it would have been a simple and fast repair.

Now the brake light in the dash is still on. It shows no codes. I unplugged the fluid sensor in the reservoir and the light went off. I’ll get a new sensor and see if that cures it.  If not, I guess it’ll stay unplugged.

You don’t have to do vehicle inspections in your county?

On 9/2/2019 at 8:30 PM, gregintenn said:

If Chevrolet didn't use 10 different parts for the same thing on the same make and model, it'd be a lot simpler. I've done some learning while fooling with this. I guess that's something. The ebay seller I got this from has been awesome in helping so far.

That was always my biggest gripe back when I was fooling with classic Mustangs and other Fords of the era. It seemed like they never built 2 identical cars consecutively ...

• Like 2