Walmart to stop selling .223, 5.56 and handgun ammo

What I read on fox news was they asked customers to no longer openly carry. I would that is if I ever again entered a walmart. One of these days these companies will get the picture that we really don't need them. Stop and think about it just a moment, can you buy your food, clothes, sporting goods, ammo, tires at any other place than wally world? Then go to that store and first ask the manager if he concurs with wally world, if he says yes turn around and find another store. In the past my family has spent a few thousand, don't want to think how many thousands, but no more. I can get ammo shipped to my door and never have to drive to a wally world, I can get most anything but food shipped to my door. I sort of like to fondle what I am planning to eat. So I am asking you all to join me and boycott all walmarts!!! We can survive without them, can they???

31 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

What I read on fox news was they asked customers to no longer openly carry. I would that is if I ever again entered a walmart. One of these days these companies will get the picture that we really don't need them. Stop and think about it just a moment, can you buy your food, clothes, sporting goods, ammo, tires at any other place than wally world? Then go to that store and first ask the manager if he concurs with wally world, if he says yes turn around and find another store. In the past my family has spent a few thousand, don't want to think how many thousands, but no more. I can get ammo shipped to my door and never have to drive to a wally world, I can get most anything but food shipped to my door. I sort of like to fondle what I am planning to eat. So I am asking you all to join me and boycott all walmarts!!! We can survive without them, can they???

Way too late. My wife is an elementary school teacher so she hits the WM once or twice a year for school stuff. Aside from that we stay out. I haven't bought any ammo there in years.

• Like 1

You think walmart would look at what happen wtih Dicks and avoid a foolish mistake, but oh well. I will be buying 100% of my ammo from academy from now on. They seem to have a better selection and price anyway. Probably will avoid shopping there from now on anyway. I can get most of what I got there from Kroger anyway for the same price or cheaper.

• Like 2

I saw it online this morning. I was at the Cookeville store about 1:30 before I came into work. I asked the guy at the sporting goods counter about it. He walled his eyes and said yeah, its true. They will sell what handgun and "assault ammo"🙄 that they have and won't get anymore.

You know maybe it's not a bad thing that WalMart waffled. It's about time we as a group supported someone besides that bunch anyway, IMHO.

We're are all forced to trade with them due to their size, but this action shows up the inherent danger in that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t shopped at Wallys in years. I guess i got tired of waiting 20min in the only line open behind a hoard of middle-aged women in pajamas, kids crawling around on the floor and bubba’s crack showing... whatever. However, I went in there the other night to grab a quick couple of extra cheap boxes of ammo for a match I was going to shoot the next morning. After an extensive wait for the guy to show up at the counter, he informed me that he couldn’t sell ammo there after a certain time. He sort of was questioning why i needed ammo “at night”. He said it was against state law for him to sell it after a certain time (uninformed snowflake). I told him he was wrong about the state law, handed him the two cartons of ice cream that I was also going to buy, asked him to put those away for me since I had just been reminded why I don’t ever shop there anymore. Walked out. 

The liberals can have Walmart along with California, and I hope Trump tariffs the crap out of their cheap Chinese suppliers again. Bump it up another 10%.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Heck, you're retired and live in the same town. Go check it out and report back.:D

I’ll have you know I’m a very very busy man.

However….. I have to find time Thursday (hopefully, if it comes in) to go pickup my new gun. I will check it out then; even though its waaaay out of my way. Did I tell you how busy I am? 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

They are taking real and concrete actions on their part that will have a negative effect for us. They don’t have to do anything, but they are choosing to do some things that I think are bigger than they may appear at first.

Spot on! This is another case of incrementally chipping away, but worse is making a power statement that will serve as an example to both the anti gun left and incite others businesses who have been neutral or fence sitting.

If anyone things they are just appeasing the masses, a quick review of the mostly (possibly newly) left CEO can see its much much more than that. He is jumping on the anti-gun bus, and in this case, driving it.  Here are a couple examples:

Chief Executive Doug McMillon called on Congress and the White House to enact "common sense" measures

Ok....when is the last last time you say anyone ask for "common sense" laws that was not hyper left?

“We have a long heritage as a company of serving responsible hunters and sportsmen and women, and we’re going to continue doing so,” Mr. McMillon said.

This is my favorite one, read between the lines here. If you have an AR or other "assault style" weapon, you clearly are irresponsible. We dont like you, and we dont want you around.

Personally I have bought my ammo from online retailers for years, my wife hates going, and I only (use to) get protein bars from them. So no loss to me, but have to say I am surprised to hear so many here buy at brick and mortar.

I am of the mind it will have little to no impact on pricing, that is supply and demand. They were just a means to an end.  If anything, I beleive this opens up a chance for a decrease in prices. Walmart was never competitive and kept supply down online. This puts more in the supply chain for large online retailers who will may likely get incentives to pick up that inventory. That may in turn lead to some price wars as they have room to pass on any incentives to consumers. 

That is what I am hoping for. And of course for Doug McMillon to have his wife given him his nutsack back versus being the left's little B :P

• Like 2