Walmart to stop selling .223, 5.56 and handgun ammo

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

All the hipsters over in the Gulch may be onto something with Five Daughters Bakery.

It kind of offends me to pay $5 for a donut - but boy they are pretty tasty.

Gotta give it to the hipster joints. The food is almost always on point. The wife and I had breakfast at The Sky Blue Cafe last time we were in town. Really tasty. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

All the hipsters over in the Gulch may be onto something with Five Daughters Bakery.

It kind of offends me to pay $5 for a donut - but boy they are pretty tasty.

Whaaaaat?? $5 for a donut? Each daughter gets a dollar? No way, I’m going where they only have one or maybe two daughters.

• Haha 1

I wonder if this might lead to a domino effect? Some businesses might say "Hey Walmart can prohibit open carry then so can we." What's next? No guns allowed? It makes me wonder. Imagine going about your Saturday morning errands and every place you might normally go to (e.g. Bojangles, Lowe's, etc, etc.) has a gun buster sign on their doors. A carry permit becomes almost useless because you would have to leave your gun in your vehicle or face criminal penalties if you got caught carrying past a sign. I think the Walmart thing is the anti-gun's movement to eventually convince every business that guns are bad and people who carry them are a liability that isn't worth having their business. They know property rights trump gun carry laws and will find any way possible to circumvent lawful carrying of guns in public. Private property rights would be the logical first step. Maybe I'm wrong about all this but those anti-gunners are sneaky bastards.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, lock n' load said:

I wonder if this might lead to a domino effect? Some businesses might say "Hey Walmart can prohibit open carry then so can we." 

Kroger did that very thing after WM’s announcement.  

There is no doubt a wave is building.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, hipower said:

Ok guys, we move in different circles. I'm more of a Hostess powdered sugar 6pack sort of guy. 

I used to buy a sixer of their chocolate glazed old fashioneds and a quart of chocolate milk before a short road trip. Four and a half hours and two empty containers later, I was a full puppy.

• Like 1
Just now, TomInMN said:

I used to buy a sixer of their chocolate glazed old fashioneds and a quart of chocolate milk before a short road trip. Four and a half hours and two empty containers later, I was a full puppy.

Been there, done that. And about an hour after eating all that chocolate and sugar...Pit Stop!

Emergency style!

I have four (4) chains that could be considered grocery stores within 15 minutes of me--and they're all no more than 5 minutes away.

US based Target asked us not to bring our guns in their stores over a year ago--can't remember if it was specifically open carry.  Anyway, they didn't post, but I stopped going there for that and other reasons.

US based Walmart and Kroger have now asked us not to open carry.

That leaves German (IIRC) based Aldi.  How bizarre.....It's too bad their selection is so limited.

The next closest (at just over 15 minutes away)  is probably Sprouts, and they're posted.

Why are some people worked up about the lack of open carry? Is it because it makes them feel like a bad ass and they want everyone around them to see ,hey, look at me, I carry a gun? I always have mine on me when I leave my house but it is always under my shirt. There is no way I want other people in public knowing that I carry.

Flame away. I'm a big boy and I can take it.

Bill

In the words of Dave Chappelle “I don’t see any peaceful way to disarm America’s whites.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dave-chappelle-takes-on-guns-in-netflix-special-only-black-people-can-disarm-americas-whites

Backstory...I heard about some folks getting up in arms about Dave Chappelle's latest show; so, I went and watched it.

If you have been hammered by all this crazy news lately; take a break and go watch this show. It's called Dave Chappelle, Sticks & Stones on Netflix. Most of you will laugh your azz off. Now I warn you, if you are bothered by bad language or inappropriate views on current events; don't watch this.

• Like 2
  • Moderators
53 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

In the words of Dave Chappelle “I don’t see any peaceful way to disarm America’s whites.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dave-chappelle-takes-on-guns-in-netflix-special-only-black-people-can-disarm-americas-whites

Backstory...I heard about some folks getting up in arms about Dave Chappelle's latest show; so, I went and watched it.

If you have been hammered by all this crazy news lately; take a break and go watch this show. It's called Dave Chappelle, Sticks & Stones on Netflix. Most of you will laugh your azz off. Now I warn you, if you are bothered by bad language or inappropriate views on current events; don't watch this.

It’s hilarious. 

Did you wait until the end and watch the Epilogue:Punchline?

5 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

It’s hilarious. 

Did you wait until the end and watch the Epilogue:Punchline?

I watched the whole thing including the pics they were showing at the end. 

I haven’t laughed out loud like that at a TV show in a long time.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I watched the whole thing including the pics they were showing at the end. 

If you wait and watch the full credits, in the last few seconds there’s a box that pops up and allows you to go to some bonus content title “Epilogue: The punchline” where he does some Q&A with the audience. It’s as good as the rest of the special. 

Just now, Chucktshoes said:

If you wait and watch the full credits, in the last few seconds there’s a box that pops up and allows you to go to some bonus content title “Epilogue: The punchline” where he does some Q&A with the audience. It’s as good as the rest of the special. 

Thanks; I'll do that. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, hipower said:

Been there, done that. And about an hour after eating all that chocolate and sugar...Pit Stop!

Emergency style!

These days, when I'm able, I buy my sour cream old fashioneds with plain glaze from a real bakery, leave them out overnight to get a little crunch, and dunk them in plain whole milk.

Doesn't happen very often though, due to dietary constraints in our house.

On 9/4/2019 at 8:39 AM, btq96r said:

You have to ask yourself where this will end...and right now I'm not liking the possible answer.  When a major retailer based in the south, focused on southern markets feels secure enough to make this move without much outward prompting, that's a sign. 

We're all addicted to cheap communist china products to one extent or another wherever we buy from.

Walmart has it down to a science and some don't have a choice economically to avoid shopping there.

Whatever loss from ticked off 2ndA folks won't make a dent in their profits I'm afraid.

The only good thing is maybe savvy Gun Shop owners will set up shop next to Walmarts. This push against guns will be small victory for small business in the short term.

long term... our rights are fading fast with every mass shooting by these crazies.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

Why are some people worked up about the lack of open carry? Is it because it makes them feel like a bad ass and they want everyone around them to see ,hey, look at me, I carry a gun? I always have mine on me when I leave my house but it is always under my shirt. There is no way I want other people in public knowing that I carry.

Flame away. I'm a big boy and I can take it.

Bill

It’s about chipping away at our rights. It doesn’t have anything to do with “hey look at me”. It’s more about the 2A and “shall not be infringed”. It gets some of us worked up because it’s moving the front line closer. Today’s open carry is tomorrow’s CARRY.

I personally don’t open carry in public, but it sure is nice knowing that if my T-shirt rides up, I’m still legal. 

Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 5
25 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

It’s about chipping away at our rights. It doesn’t have anything to do with “hey look at me”. It’s more about the 2A and “shall not be infringed”. It gets some of us worked up because it’s moving the front line closer. Today’s open carry is tomorrow’s CARRY.

I personally don’t open carry in public, but it sure is nice knowing that if my T-shirt rides up, I’m still legal. 

If you are in this state, you are legal. When the new carry permits come out; those folks won’t have a choice. Someone decided that if you don’t have any training you should have to be concealed. I’m not sure how or why that matters; but so be it. It gets more people carrying that couldn’t afford to before.

Until our state recognizes the 2nd amendment as an individual right of all citizens; I support the business owners. They aren’t the government and they aren’t violating your rights; you have no right to carry on their property if they don’t want you to; as a matter of fact, it’s a crime.

That’s why I said it bothers me that businesses that aren’t gun related are being forced to pick sides. They aren’t going to pick our side.

When you are Wal-Mart and a gunman has murdered 22 people and shot 24 others in a brutal attack in your store; you get to make new rules if you so desire. I refuse to judge Wal-Mart on these decisions. Are we all going to step up and pay the legal costs when all these lawsuits against Wal-Mart hit the courts? Of course we won’t; that won’t be our problem.

The line absolutely is moving closer in this state. It’s moving closer to Constitutional carry. But you still won’t be able to force your beliefs on a business owner; if you don’t like what they do, don’t go there, understand that concealed means concealed and risk a $500 fine, or disarm. Those are your choices.

Don’t get worked up. You can’t buy rights. Beating your head against the wall over trying to force your gun privileges you bought from the state isn’t going to work, and it isn’t worth the stress.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

If you are in this state, you are legal. When the new carry permits come out; those folks won’t have a choice. Someone decided that if you don’t have any training you should have to be concealed. I’m not sure how or why that matters; but so be it. It gets more people carrying that couldn’t afford to before.

Until our state recognizes the 2nd amendment as an individual right of all citizens; I support the business owners. They aren’t the government and they aren’t violating your rights; you have no right to carry on their property if they don’t want you to; as a matter of fact, it’s a crime.

That’s why I said it bothers me that businesses that aren’t gun related are being forced to pick sides. They aren’t going to pick our side.

When you are Wal-Mart and a gunman has murdered 22 people and shot 24 others in a brutal attack in your store; you get to make new rules if you so desire. I refuse to judge Wal-Mart on these decisions. Are we all going to step up and pay the legal costs when all these lawsuits against Wal-Mart hit the courts? Of course we won’t; that won’t be our problem.

The line absolutely is moving closer in this state. It’s moving closer to Constitutional carry. But you still won’t be able to force your beliefs on a business owner; if you don’t like what they do, don’t go there, understand that concealed means concealed and risk a $500 fine, or disarm. Those are your choices.

Don’t get worked up. You can’t buy rights. Beating your head against the wall over trying to force your gun privileges you bought from the state isn’t going to work, and it isn’t worth the stress.

I’m really not worked up at all, I was just using a word from the post I quoted. I’m a pretty low-stress guy, lol. Concerned is a better word I guess.

I agree with all that about businesses, except I can judge them for what they are when they choose to pick a side.... they are making an anti 2A political statement. Walmart didn’t have to do what they did. They chose to. Just as I can choose not to drop dollars in their registers. 

I actually stopped going to Walmart’s long ago anyway for several other reasons.