Walmart to stop selling .223, 5.56 and handgun ammo

14 minutes ago, Trekbike said:

Just in case folks didn't know and wanted to stay out of the Gulch, they also have a location inside The Factory in Franklin.     

What if you want to stay out of Franklin? :) 

Never mind: I looked up their menu. <_<

Edited by E4 No More
10 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

I’m really not worked up at all, I was just using a word from the post I quoted. I’m a pretty low-stress guy, lol. Concerned is a better word I guess.

I agree with all that about businesses, except I can judge them for what they are when they choose to pick a side.... they are making an anti 2A political statement. Walmart didn’t have to do what they did. They chose to. Just as I can choose not to drop dollars in their registers. 

I actually stopped going to Walmart’s long ago anyway for several other reasons.

We need change: El Paso mass shooting survivors file lawsuit against Walmart

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/09/04/el-paso-walmart-mass-shooting-victims-file-lawsuit-against-walmart/2215523001/

This is just the first of many. I don’t see any pro-gun groups starting a fund to pay Walmart’s legal fees. And that’s just wrong.

Everybody’s all worried about losing their privilege of carrying in Wal-Mart, but is the gun community stepping up and saying, “Hey Walmart, we have your back in this; it wasn’t your fault.”.

Ask the gun community to help Walmart out, after they have tried to stay neutral as long as they could, by kicking in some money, and bet all you will get is hem hawing and hand wringing.

4 hours ago, TomInMN said:

These days, when I'm able, I buy my sour cream old fashioneds with plain glaze from a real bakery, leave them out overnight to get a little crunch, and dunk them in plain whole milk.

Doesn't happen very often though, due to dietary constraints in our house.

Sounds good. Especially to a man who just ate a BK crisps chicken sammich!

9 hours ago, DaveTN said:

This is just the first of many. I don’t see any pro-gun groups starting a fund to pay Walmart’s legal fees. And that’s just wrong.

Everybody’s all worried about losing their privilege of carrying in Wal-Mart, but is the gun community stepping up and saying, “Hey Walmart, we have your back in this; it wasn’t your fault.”.

Ask the gun community to help Walmart out, after they have tried to stay neutral as long as they could, by kicking in some money, and bet all you will get is hem hawing and hand wringing.

Walmart gets sued if someone falls in the dairy isle, but they’re not going to stop selling cheese. The dairy farmers aren’t going to pay their legal fees. When a business opens it’s doors to the public, it risks suit for almost anything.

How does not selling SBR ammo (whatever that is), handgun ammo and asking people to stop OC keep people from suing them? Still doesn’t change a thing.

The gun community didn’t do this. A deranged lunatic did.

Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Further evidence of Walmart's PC pandering culture about guns and ammo.  If they are so concerned the next school, church or Walmart shooter, why don't they get ride of all of their toy "weapons of war" that fill up the toy section.  This is in my local Walmart.  Are they encouraging children to become War Hawks?   

Tank.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, guyver60 said:

Further evidence of Walmart's PC pandering culture about guns and ammo.  If they are so concerned the next school, church or Walmart shooter, why don't they get ride of all of their toy "weapons of war" that fill up the toy section.  This is in my local Walmart.  Are they encouraging children to become War Hawks?   

Tank.jpg

If Wal-Mart really cared about the gun issue, they would remove all guns and all ammo from their stores.

The modification of their inventory and sales policies and prohibition on open carry are just an effort to look like they are doing something without really doing anything of true consequence.

What is truly troublesome is their foray into firearms politics as evidenced by the company's letter to the White House encouraging stronger background checks and a return to the Assault Weapons Ban.  They need to stay in their lane.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, guyver60 said:

Tank.jpg

I thought that thing was real until I saw the orange muzzle! :lol:

Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, guyver60 said:

Tank.jpg

I’ve got twin 2.5yo boys. I think I have their Christmas present picked out. 

• Like 2