Church Safety Team Training?

I recently started attending a new church plant in Gallatin. We're trying to build our safety team, but definitely want it to be built properly and on a firm foundation of training. 

I'm meeting with one of the guys at Royal Range later this week about the church based things that they offer, but I was wondering if you guys would suggest anything specific in the way of training for church safety. Aside from 'tactical' training, I'd like some practical, and basic medical training as well. I'm trying to build a team that can spot a need, and meet it. We want to be a ministry within the church....not 'Sunday Spec Ops'. Like I said before, I've spoken with the guys at Royal Range and am going to meet with them shortly, but what other sources/facets of training would you guys recommend? Books, Media, Seminars, etc?

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Wilson002s said:

I recently started attending a new church plant in Gallatin. We're trying to build our safety team, but definitely want it to be built properly and on a firm foundation of training. 

I'm meeting with one of the guys at Royal Range later this week about the church based things that they offer, but I was wondering if you guys would suggest anything specific in the way of training for church safety. Aside from 'tactical' training, I'd like some practical, and basic medical training as well. I'm trying to build a team that can spot a need, and meet it. We want to be a ministry within the church....not 'Sunday Spec Ops'. Like I said before, I've spoken with the guys at Royal Range and am going to meet with them shortly, but what other sources/facets of training would you guys recommend? Books, Media, Seminars, etc?

Go listen to the podcast from shooters nation on church security, good stuff.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, felinesNfreedom said:

Go listen to the podcast from shooters nation on church security, good stuff.

Thanks for the plug.  You can find the episode at the following link.  When I mentioned that the head of our church safety team has spoken favorably of Agape Tactical, I might as well have added:  After interviewing William for that episode of the podcast last year, my family and I started attending William's church. 

William runs a tight ship and the folks who do this every week are investing a lot of time and talent into the program.  As you'll hear in the podcast, our approach is an "All Hazards Approach" and not a tactical Sunday school program.  The focus is on keeping the people on campus safe from any and all threats to their safety whether they are weather, nature, medical, manmade, or human.

Recently I started serving on the safety team as a way to give back to the community and do my part.  I gave it a bit over a year of us being members before asking my wife if she was comfortable with what all of what that could mean.  It's no longer a matter of me being my family's private security detail or their safety being my only concern.

I'm glad she said yes.  I hope we never have to test that commitment.

https://www.shootersnation.com/podcast/017-church-safety-security-teams-with-us-navy-seal-william/

• Like 1

I've done firearms training for one team.  This particular team has a retired Secret Service guy doing their planning, but he wanted them to get firearms training from someone other than him.

Strategos seems to be a well respected name in the niche of church security.  They have a pretty active schedule with such courses.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, TGO David said:

Thanks for the plug.  You can find the episode at the following link.  When I mentioned that the head of our church safety team has spoken favorably of Agape Tactical, I might as well have added:  After interviewing William for that episode of the podcast last year, my family and I started attending William's church. 

William runs a tight ship and the folks who do this every week are investing a lot of time and talent into the program.  As you'll hear in the podcast, our approach is an "All Hazards Approach" and not a tactical Sunday school program.  The focus is on keeping the people on campus safe from any and all threats to their safety whether they are weather, nature, medical, manmade, or human.

Recently I started serving on the safety team as a way to give back to the community and do my part.  I gave it a bit over a year of us being members before asking my wife if she was comfortable with what all of what that could mean.  It's no longer a matter of me being my family's private security detail or their safety being my only concern.

I'm glad she said yes.  I hope we never have to test that commitment.

https://www.shootersnation.com/podcast/017-church-safety-security-teams-with-us-navy-seal-william/

I was actually about 45 minutes into the podcast when I posted this. Tons of good information there. Thank you for that.

I contacted Agape as well to see what kinds of things they can offer.