Kroger Now Asking Customer Not to Open Carry

Garufa

Man-why can't the CEO's of food sales stores just concentrate on selling food-these Businessmen are listening to the screamers.Trouble with all of this anti-gun rhetoric is not one thing they suggest has anything to do with making anyone any safer-they feel if less of we regular people can't get our hands on guns it will make them safer-what a bunch of total maroons.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, i1afli said:

Its all about the demonizing of guns.  They’re teaching the younger generation to recoil at the mere sight of a gun and to associate guns with evil. 

They've been doing it for decades, starting with bambi.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

I won’t be surprised if we see a rise in this so called moral capitalism. 

We’ve got a legislative body that has been unwilling to take on anything of any consequence for the last 12 years.  Something is going to fill that void.  

Walmart is the biggest ammo seller in the US. Sure, they didn’t ban all ammo sales - but they certainly went on record - essentially saying they would lead the effort.  

I expect you’ll see more in coming days as shareholders ask, “what is your response?”

A lot of America is a food desert without Walmart.  Sure, you might have a Dollar General here and there - but that’s not getting you produce.  So, most will continue to shop.  

I doubt Kroger sees much pushback either.  There’s seems to be a me too type statement.  

The coming days will tell, I guess. 

• Like 3

I agree with i1afli's assessment about the demonizing of guns, but this is actually worse than that.  I believe we're witnessing the effects of the average American's declining interest in intellectual engagement.

There is simply no causative link between lawfully carrying a handgun - whether openly or concealed - while in a public place (like a grocery store) and mass shootings.  By contrast, going unarmed actually results in suffering helplessly in situations where self-defense becomes necessary due to crime - the very type of crime that liberals are quick to label as a "growing and troubling trend".

If most American adults were willing to do the relatively straightforward logic-driven reasoning that inescapably leads to these conclusions, then sizeable corporations like Kroger would not be able to risk losing revenue due to implementing the kind of absurd policies seen here, and liberty would better thrive.

But if people are not willing to thoughtfully analyze cause and effect in this context, corporations will continue to lead consumers by the nose into a new status quo that: 1) reduces companies' insurance premiums, and 2) fosters a "don't think about problems, just buy more goods" consumer mentality.

Edited by Wheelgunner
Edited to finish my thought.
  • Like 4
16 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

That’s why I say I hate to see these stores have to pick a side. Unless they are a gun store; they aren’t going to pick our side.

game of thrones khaleesi GIF

Yup.  The business that stays silent or to something with the effect of "we support all local laws and ordinances with regards to firearms" is as good as we can hope for.  Like it or not, gun owners are not the market movers in this equation, "do something" crowd is. 

8 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

They will return if the market warrants it.

Mom and Pop stores instead of big discounts? I don’t think so. Besides what makes you think Mom wouldn’t tell our open carry friends to get out?

Those stores are as gone as real street racers.

The next thing is; we don’t go to the store. We shop online and its delivered to us. I suspect that is not that far away.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

It just got a lot harder for the manufacturers as well.

Walmart was 20% of the ammo sales in America. After the change, they estimate they'll be 6%.  That's a lot of their market simply gone overnight.

Sure, some local shops will pick up a few extra cases of ammo.  But they're already cash strapped.  Look at the stores that have closed in the last couple of years for evidence of that.

Hopefully the manufacturers will reach out to some of the online sellers and offer them Walmart-type terms to keep the pipeline flowing.  But, all of the online sellers combined don't have the revenue numbers of a single Walmart in a typical suburban neighborhood.  So, I'm not sure the economics will work. 

It's going to be a tough road ahead.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

It's going to be a tough road ahead.

And what if after Trumps gone OSHA, EPA, or whoever can make up a problem, decides to mess with shipping regulations on ammo more than they already do greatly increasing shipping costs or even the ability to ship ammo?

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Wheelgunner said:

I agree with i1afli's assessment about the demonizing of guns, but this is actually worse than that.  I believe we're witnessing the effects of the average American's declining interest in intellectual engagement.

There is simply no causative link between lawfully carrying a handgun - whether openly or concealed - while in a public place (like a grocery store) and mass shootings.  By contrast, going unarmed actually results in suffering helplessly in situations where self-defense becomes necessary due to crime - the very type of crime that liberals are quick to label as a "growing and troubling trend".

If most American adults were willing to do the relatively straightforward logic-driven reasoning that inescapably leads to these conclusions, then sizeable corporations like Kroger would not be able to risk losing revenue due to implementing the kind of absurd policies seen here, and liberty would better thrive.

But if people are not willing to thoughtfully analyze cause and effect in this context, corporations will continue to lead consumers by the nose into a new status quo that: 1) reduces companies' insurance premiums, and 2) fosters a "don't think about problems, just buy more goods" consumer mentality.

As far as Walmart goes there is cause and effect. The cause was a Voldemort type of idiot going into a Walmart in Missouri sporting and "Assault" rifle and tactical gear right after a mass shooting at another Walmart in Texas. The effect was Walmart banning crap.

7 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

As far as Walmart goes there is cause and effect. The cause was a Voldemort type of idiot going into a Walmart in Missouri sporting and "Assault" rifle and tactical gear right after a mass shooting at another Walmart in Texas. The effect was Walmart banning crap.

Absolutely. I believe many of those claiming to be pro-gun are simply anti-gun folks doing stupid stuff to either cause change or be used as an example of idiots with guns. Pushing to the limit can sometimes simply change the limits.

State laws and Constitutional Rights are and always have been, two different things. Some people have trouble understanding that and cause damage due to their ignorance. Even though we fought the worst war our country has ever seen over that, and States Rights lost; most (on either side) do not want to fight it again.

Since I never open carry anyway it does not effect me as much, but it is still not right to tell a legal carry person how they must carry in order to shop in their stores. Kroger has been a lot stronger than many chain stores as they did stand up against MOMS back in 2014 when it came to allowing people to carry in their stores. They could have went the whole mile and just banned all carry but they didn't. They just ask folks to conceal carry so they are not willing to just stop people completely............JMHO

3 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Maybe, but then them joining the Everytown For Gun Safety terrorist group puts them squarely in the anti 2A camp.

https://tennesseefirearms.com/2019/09/walmart-partners-with-everytown-for-gun-safety-and-michael-bloomberg-to-advance-gun-ban-agenda/

Edited by Omega
Add Link
  • Like 2